OOC Schedule

typ3kal

I think we need to pull our horns in a little and get our butts back to being competitive before we go looking for an ass kicking.

We have enough secheduled blow outs in conference at this time.

Easy games, to establish confidence and time to work out the hickups.

Directional schools or the state of Washington would be good.

Playing Rutgers might be smart for recruiting. I would think there would be a lot of talent in that part of the country just because the population is so great.

Weren't the Peter brothers from NJ?

Yeah, but it seems like its been a while since we got talent from that part of the country. At least I can't think of any players from the last few years.

Playing Rutgers might be smart for recruiting. I would think there would be a lot of talent in that part of the country just because the population is so great.

Weren't the Peter brothers from NJ?

Yeah, but it seems like its been a while since we got talent from that part of the country. At least I can't think of any players from the last few years.

I agree, it has been a while. But, Schiano has evidently found something up there....Rutgers lost a lot from the last couple of years but he has found some success where it never was before. Must have some decent talent up there. :dunno

If not just for wins but also recruiting, I would want games w/ teams from hotbeds for talent.

1. Any Florida school

2. Any California school

3. Any Louisiana school

Next, I would try to setup a series with a BCS conference school if #1-3 was not....

1. SEC school

2. PAC-10 school

3. Big 10 school

etc.,etc.

Loved this post ... and I would add that we should schedule these conferences on four (4) year cycles and then gradually move one out, example, SEC and move in another good conference like the ACC. In addition, select a top tier in one conference, a middle in another and a bottom dweller in the third. Yes, the teams will shift by the time games are played, but that is life, all teams will move up or down ... so will we.

I'm just don't like being 4-0 or 5-0 all while knowing that we will will finish in the middle of the Big 12 North. I'd rather lose now and build the program then pull a K-State.

SheepdogMark

If not just for wins but also recruiting, I would want games w/ teams from hotbeds for talent.

1. Any Florida school

2. Any California school

3. Any Louisiana school

Next, I would try to setup a series with a BCS conference school if #1-3 was not....

1. SEC school

2. PAC-10 school

3. Big 10 school

etc.,etc.

Loved this post ... and I would add that we should schedule these conferences on four (4) year cycles and then gradually move one out, example, SEC and move in another good conference like the ACC. In addition, select a top tier in one conference, a middle in another and a bottom dweller in the third. Yes, the teams will shift by the time games are played, but that is life, all teams will move up or down ... so will we.

I'm just don't like being 4-0 or 5-0 all while knowing that we will will finish in the middle of the Big 12 North. I'd rather lose now and build the program then pull a K-State.

SheepdogMark

Yes, sorry, by all means i did not mean to leave out the ACC or Big East or even non-BCS conferences. I mean look at what schools like BYU, Utah, Boise St. have accomplished recently. We should rotate conferences and try to get a Tier 1, 2 and 3 subjectively from the other conferences on our future schedules.

I see no harm in spreading the Big Red Nation around the country....it only benefits us down the road!

And you're right, who knows what might happen w/ a program in the years to come after we have scheduled them....not sure anyone can predict the future but let's not schedule Div. II teams like some other programs!!!