Bogus Bad Publicity - Front Page ESPN

GI56

Crap, what's all this 'Smart Car' talk?! I got my heart set on a Cadillac CTS-red metallic, of course. I wanna car firey, fast, and HOT: like BO P!

:yeah:steam

Oh yeah, what I don't get is when Bo is having a potentially stroke inducing kniption fit and the D continues to suck(OU game)--it kinda looks stupid and comical(not the stroke part). :moreinteresting

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3682639 is currently linked on the front page of ESPN.

Article seems ridiculous to me overall. I've read that Pelini's constant badgering of officials has to do with defensive substitutions, as he doesn't feel that the Huskers are getting enough time to bring on other players after the offense makes substitutions. If this is the case, it might just be him trying to get used to things working different in the Big XII vs the SEC.

As for grabbing Terrence Moore's facemask, I agree with Pelini- you don't act childish and hit other players.

The article seems over blown to me as there is no good evidence that Pelini's "anger" is hampering the team.

I do think that Bo's tirades are immature and unprofessional. Many others do too. His use of language is inexcusable and an embarrassment to the university. No educated adult should speak that way at all, much less in a public setting where you are an ambassador of a sort (representing, in this case, the University of Nebraska). The negative publicity is to be expected. I'd expect more to come.

Also, I'd imagine that the refs in the B12 are less than impressed with Bo's antics and the benefit of the doubt on penalties will continue to go to our opposition and our guys will be flagged more often. It is natural, refs will do that if they dislike the coach. Obviously not all refs --- but Bo was not earned much love from the refs. Until Bo changes, expect that NU will be penalized often and that borderline calls will usually go against NU.

And, if you do not think all the penalties against NU have hurt the team than well.... I disagree.

I've never met a coach that didn't swear like a sailor. I watched the OU NU game from the begining to the end. He had every rite to get than angry. To me it shows he cares. However the perception is that he is out of control and unprofessionsl. Perception is in the eye of the beholder. As a fan I like it. How it goes over with others may not be in the best interest of the program.

Instead of “lilred” you could have got “hixrulz” :wub: for your plates in honor of the best RB to ever play at ISU, just a suggestion.

excuse me...

Troy Davis is the best rb to ever play at ISU.

BEAT KU!!

I know that. Cy and I have just got into it a couple times about how good Hicks was. We had very different views on the topic. So any time I can throw that out there I take it.

Troy Davis was the man.

I think when they are showing BO during a profanity laden tirade w a player/ref/fan/opposing coach he should turn and look straight into the camera and give a big goofy smile, wink, and do the :thumbs thing it would have great entertainment value and get the wimpy authorities off his back.

Also, choreograph the histrionics-like the yd marker toss-and he would surely become a rockstar overnite... :w00t

I could care less about the cussing & swearing. Half the times I post I have to make sure I dont. But popping a blood vessel in your forehead b/c you cannot handle losing, while going ape sh#t on a ref for 10 minutes is not fire & passion.

Leave the Billy Martin antics to the Major Leagues. Speak your peace & move on.

As for the Bobby Knight thing, I sure hope it doesn’t come to Bo getting caught on video choking a kid like it did with good ole Bobby.

Are you refering to Neil Reed, a 6'2" 205 pound 20 yr. old kid?

Comparing these two coaches is asinine. If he grabs the facemask of a..ahem.."kid" who stands a foot and a half over him to make sure he's looking at him and is hearing him SO BE IT. Basketball is a contact sport, football is a violent sport. 'Bo just need to tone it down a..........' ugh. Maybe he should just coach kids soccer, we don't keep score.. nobody wins, nobody loses, nobody gets prepared for life, we all get a trophy with a little pixie fairy statuette on it at the end of the season. Christ. Let's get over the Bo on the sidelines issue, he swears, big fu*&%king deal.

Bah...everyone hates this kind of behavior from a coach...unless he's winning. Look at Bobby Knight. Guy threw chairs, cussed out refs, choked players...horrible, horrible...except at the same time, he was winning Big 10 and NCAA Championships. I thought it was pretty amusing that his behavior didn't become "unacceptable" till his teams started to lose...

Another thing that is amusing is that no matter how "unacceptable" his behavior was according to the media or the Euroweenie administrators of the university...his players loved him and are, to this day, totally loyal to the guy.

Instead of being appalled about the guy's behavior, Indiana officials should have been on their knees kissing his butt in thanks for all the revenue and mentions he brought in of their silly school. How much have you heard about the place since he left?

As far as the “sissify” stuff in the world we live in. We can think the granola loving, tree hugging, Birkenstock wearing, Smart car driving, Oprah humping liberals for that and just think the party got bigger last night and will only get worse. Hooray for the USA!

Possibly a bad time to mention this considering....but I just picked up my new Smart Car last Saturday at Performance Auto over in LaVista....I commute around 120 miles a day and gas was killing me (it's down now...but, like the Huskers...just give it time). I've gotten close to 50 mpg so far this week. The centrifical clutch kind of sucks but other than that it seems to be okay (I'm still keeping the BIG truck for when winter comes though). This Smart Car is red...I've already sent in my request to have LILRED put on my plates. The only drawback is there isn't enough room inside to mount my gun rack in the back window...but I was able to get my Confederate flag bumper sticker on!

i've considered getting a smart myself. it just looks like a fun little car.

As for the Bobby Knight thing, I sure hope it doesn’t come to Bo getting caught on video choking a kid like it did with good ole Bobby.

Are you refering to Neil Reed, a 6'2" 205 pound 20 yr. old kid?

Comparing these two coaches is asinine. If he grabs the facemask of a..ahem.."kid" who stands a foot and a half over him to make sure he's looking at him and is hearing him SO BE IT. Basketball is a contact sport, football is a violent sport. 'Bo just need to tone it down a..........' ugh. Maybe he should just coach kids soccer, we don't keep score.. nobody wins, nobody loses, nobody gets prepared for life, we all get a trophy with a little pixie fairy statuette on it at the end of the season. Christ. Let's get over the Bo on the sidelines issue, he swears, big fu*&%king deal.

I’m not that one that was doing the comparing of Knight and Pelini. If you saw my post I didn’t have a problem with him grabbing the facemask so the kid I mean young adult would look him in the eyes. Wasn’t Mike Gundy during his tirade that said “don’t say that stuff about a kid”? Maybe I’m wrong but he called them kids.

Also the cussing isn’t my problem, even though I think when people do it that much it makes them look stupid but that could be me. I have a problem with his inability to move past a play and on to the next one when a call doesn’t go his way. He has said numerous times that he tells his players if they screw up to forget and move past yet he can’t do the same when it comes to the officials. That is my biggest beef.

Also Saturday night was a bit much as well, but he knows he has to change so I’m sure he will take care of it and it won’t be an issue anymore.

One question though: Are you saying it was ok for Bobby Knight to choke Neil Reed because he was 6’2” 205 lbs and 20 years old? Just wondering