Assistant changes at end of season?

TheKiD

That's BS!! Him and Bo are tight, have the same defensive philosophy and the intensity of caged lions!! He'll be in Red for a while.

not just 'tight' but bo is pretty much ekeler's mentor. i've said it once and i'll say it again: ekeler is going to be *THE* assistant coach that everyone whispers about when head coaching jobs come open... kinda like bo was two years ago and how muschamp is now.

the other guy in the mix is coach papuchis. he's one of bo's disciples but doesn't nearly get the recognition that ekeler does and that's probably because he's no-where near as animated as ekeler is on the sideline.

The only way Watson and Gilmore leave is for promotions. Watson for a head coaching job, and Gilmore as an offensive coordinator. Those 2 guys haven't done much to warrant losing their positions this year.

if watson leaves, it will only be because a blue-chip program wants him as a head coach and nebraska fails to pony up the cash to keep him.

i think right now waston's biggest patron is coach osborne. i watched some early 70s nebraska football in a lot of ways nebraska back then looks like nebraska right *now*. bottom line, osborne can smell what watson is cookin' and he likes it.

of all the things that might have been wrong with nebraska under callahan, offense wasn't one of them. and when nick sabin come sniffing around looking to poach watson, you know he's got to have someting going for him.

Bo would not have just kept Watson for transition, I totally agree with that. I can see Watson as a HC somewhere though, and that will be the ONLY reason that he leaves at the end of this season. I think, however, if he hangs around for a couple more season, and we contend for the NC, his stock will go up significantly, and he is no dummy, and I believe he knows that and will hang around if he thinks we are improving, and sees us playing that well in a couple of years.

Do I think he will be here long term? Probably not....someone will offer him a HC position, maybe even this year...I think he will wait until the one HE wants comes along though.

I completely agree firings would be totally unwarrented honestly the numbers are great, they just get somewhat over shadowed because we are in the big 12 but i think both coaches are doing great. Also like its been said multiple times i couldnt see Watson leaving unless its for a HC job, while there are several openings this year i dont see Watson moving although i am interested to see if Turner Gill stays at Buffalo or moves somewhere else like idk Ksu...

Gotta be honest. Watching our offense makes me sick. Bubble screens, misdirection.....do we have any fullbacks???? I really think we need to utilize the fullback more instead of double tights. Lucky needs one additional block to bust loose. Anyway, that's why I am staring at a screen and not scripting plays.

I don't like Watson's offense. I just don't. I am old school and I like to pound the ball and mix in some passing. Offense seems too complicated. Never liked Gilmore either (maybe because of the callahan relationship). I felt after yesterday's game that watson could be gone. Just had an eerie feeling.

Friggin bubble screens!!!! I posted before the OU game that we would have a DB jump the route. And look what happened! We aren't fast enough to run that crap.

And will someone please beat the crap outta TECH!!!!

Sounds like BS to me.

I don't see TO being down with Watson getting canned, he pushed for the guy and the guy has done as pretty solid job. We are averaging over 30pts and 400yds a game far into conference play. Perfect? No, but good enough to keep his job. Plus firing Watson might screw us up in getting Cody Green. Plus TO wanted Watson in, haven't seen nearly enough for Watson to be out.

Gilmore I could totally see before the season. I could still see it since Brown is a hell of a receivers coach and Gilmore isn't the need as recruiting coordinator he was during the transition. But wr was supposed to be a weakness going into the season, and it hasn't been, it's been a pleasant surprise. I don't know think Gilmore leaves unless Bo has an ace recruiting-guy he wants to bring in.

Ekeler? No way. He and Bo are boys, and Ek is an ace-recruiter. Glenn is just learning the position, Dillard is hurt half the time and we redshirted his backup, Wortman is a walk-on. Gotta give Ek benefit of the doubt. I'd say the defensive guys in general are Bo's guys and will get the benefit of the doubt.

Plus TO won't be down with willy-nilly firing, he'll want a good reason before guys get axed. He is looking to re-establish continuity and the"family" environment we had back when TO coached. That doesn't come with quick hooks.

My guess is nobody gets canned and if anyone does it's Gilmore.

wr has been the most consistant part of the offense. if gilmore is not here next year its because he got a better offer some place else. pelini brought ekler with him to lsu from ou. no husker coach is on the hot seat. nebraska football fans are known for being football smart but threads like this really make me wonder.

Gotta be honest. Watching our offense makes me sick. Bubble screens, misdirection.....do we have any fullbacks???? I really think we need to utilize the fullback more instead of double tights. Lucky needs one additional block to bust loose. Anyway, that's why I am staring at a screen and not scripting plays.

I don't like Watson's offense. I just don't. I am old school and I like to pound the ball and mix in some passing. Offense seems too complicated. Never liked Gilmore either (maybe because of the callahan relationship). I felt after yesterday's game that watson could be gone. Just had an eerie feeling.

Friggin bubble screens!!!! I posted before the OU game that we would have a DB jump the route. And look what happened! We aren't fast enough to run that crap.

Scoring 45 pts and having over 500 yards of offense makes you sick?

That makes a sh#t load of sense.

Where were you when the rest of use watched the offense fail repeatedly using power formations earlier in the season? Our team is not built for that right now, he isn't trying to fit a square in a round hole... like a good OC should do. He called a great game yesterday.

Scoring 45 pts and having over 500 yards of offense makes you sick?

That makes a sh#t load of sense.

:bang Some people you just can't make happy no matter what you do...and they probably need to find a better hobby to keep them busy because no matter what your team does, it just won't be good enough and they will be miserable, and try to bring everyone else to their level.

Do we have any fullbacks? Unfortanateley NO! Not any that can conistantly get the job done or we would STILL be running out of more power formations! If it doesn't work you go with what does, right now that's a lot of single back and shotgun. When we have the troops to run the power I, trust me, Watson will run it. Do you not remember CU in 2000?

As for this rediculous assumption that the screens are not worth the risk, just look at the Tech game, or any game for that matter. Once we started to run the screens more effectively it took a lot of pressure off the o-line, and spread the field for or running game. Wouldn't have one without the other at this point!

And PLEASE if you can, go back and look at the first INT in the OU game. Watch Petersen on the outside. He is supposed to lock up the DB, allowing the slot to take a step over, and a step out. Petersen doesn't even make contact with the DB, allowing him to make the play. It's not rocket science just ONE busted assignment. To use that one play to damn the hole philosophy, fails to look at what type of impact these plays have had on the rest of the offense.