Bowl Game

redout22

Local news (channel 7 out of Omaha) sport's guy just said that is was "likely the Sun" but how the hell can he say that this early. To me, that would be the "worst-case scenario".... if we win another, then I think we could end up at the Insight, and if we win out, possible the Alamo and definately the Insight...... based on "nothing" but just my opinion.

Local news (channel 7 out of Omaha) sport's guy just said that is was "likely the Sun" but how the hell can he say that this early. To me, that would be the "worst-case scenario".... if we win another, then I think we could end up at the Insight, and if we win out, possible the Alamo and definately the Insight...... based on "nothing" but just my opinion.

Yeah, it is way too early for any bowl selections to be made by those that make them...a lot can happen between now and the end of the season.

Right now, I just want to see us win out...finish this season on a good note....then which ever bowl we get, I would like to win it... If we can do that, it would help out with recruiting big time.

I listed Alamo just as a "stretch"...... Even if we win out, wouldn't we probably be behind

TT

OU

Tex.

OSU

MU

If one is in NC and another in BCS, that would leave the Holiday to pick someone, maybe the Cotton to select another (maybe OSU) and then Alamo would have to take NU over one of those teams listed above...

All speculation....... Let's win out, and enjoy wherever they send NU....... I am there, wherever...

Best case we get in the Alamo Bowl. Could be hard to pass some of the south teams though.

The Independence Bowl may be more likely. Possibly the insight, but we'd be plying a crappy big 10 team, sooo...... :huh: who knows at this point. I do think we'll win out, and maybe the Gator will get a wild hair to pick us. But they'll have their eye on ND first.

Good to be bowling again!!!

You guys are forgetting...

We still have a very outside chance of making the title game, and if we play Tech and get revenge, that's a guaranteed Fiesta berth is it not?

GBR :P

Actually I would really love to see Tech make it to the CCG this year in Kansas City. Similar conditions to NU/OU in 2007 or worse, snowy/rainy conditions at Arrowhead. Wonder what that passing offense looks like in those conditions at night??

BRI hits the Bowl nail right on the head. Bowls are all about money and that's why we have so many of them. I personally would like to see fewer bowls and have the Championship Game back on New Years Day (evening). Playing the biggest game of the year on a week night absolutely stinks... STINKS!