OOC "cupcake"

huKSer

Did you notice one of the teams "cupcakes" we beat, W Michigan BEAT MU's "signature" OOC win, Illinois?

Whoa. Western Michigan is 8-2 and 5-1 in the MAC. Their only other loss is to a Central Michigan team that just beat Indiana. Their starting to look like a pretty respectable "cupcake" team.

They are a solid team, but I think beating Kansas at this stage in the season is more impressive than that win. Would NU beat them if they played them now?

Did you notice one of the teams "cupcakes" we beat, W Michigan BEAT MU's "signature" OOC win, Illinois?

Whoa. Western Michigan is 8-2 and 5-1 in the MAC. Their only other loss is to a Central Michigan team that just beat Indiana. Their starting to look like a pretty respectable "cupcake" team.

They are a solid team, but I think beating Kansas at this stage in the season is more impressive than that win. Would NU beat them if they played them now?

I think we would. With the groove the O is in right now, it would be hard for them to keep us from moving the chains. We would eat up clock and our D-line would be in their QB's face all day.

Uh, wmu was ranked #85 when they played Nu. That pretty much equals cupcake.

HINDSIGHT is always 20-20. early polls are what they are- early guesses, they don't have the gift of looking ahead seven or eight weeks. :dumdum

I sure don't recall anyone here predicting back then, wmu to be a rated team in november, did you??

BEAT KSU!!

Uh, wmu was ranked #85 when they played Nu. That pretty much equals cupcake.

HINDSIGHT is always 20-20. early polls are what they are- early guesses, they don't have the gift of looking ahead seven or eight weeks. :dumdum

I sure don't recall anyone here predicting back then, wmu to be a rated team in november, did you??

BEAT KSU!!

Pre-season, Phil Steele actually had WMU rated ahead of Nebraska(#40-WMU, #41-NU). That guy knows a hell of a lot about grading football teams, as his preseason rankings on almost every conference are dead on. For example, Steele had the Big 12 north as: Missouri, Nebraska, Kansas, Colorado, Kansas State, Iowa State with NU-KU being the swing game to decide 2nd/3rd. The South he has OU, TT, Texas, Okie State, A&M, Baylor. Looks to be about right to me.

Have you noticed how spot on he's been thus far in the season with regards to what players will have breakout games each week? I can't remember what game it was, but Lucky was his breakout RB that week. Lucky went on to have like 157 or so all purpose yards and a great game. From what I've seen, Steele probably has the best grasp of grading college football.

Have you noticed how spot on he's been thus far in the season with regards to what players will have breakout games each week? I can't remember what game it was, but Lucky was his breakout RB that week. Lucky went on to have like 157 or so all purpose yards and a great game. From what I've seen, Steele probably has the best grasp of grading college football.

Either that or he's from the future...

He gets all his material from me...actually...I AM Phil Steele! Unless he's an ugly, dopey looking guy...haven't ever seen him I don't think...but if he IS an ugly slob, I AM NOT Phil Steele. And when he's way off I'm not him either...only when he's right or at least close....

Uh..watch me pull a rabbit out of my hat!

Steele had WMU #1 on him most-improved list, we were fairly high on it too.

Steele also had us #2 in the north when practically nobody else did.

His mag is a pain to find but worth getting.

I agree. If you are a stat guy like me, it is like crack. There is a ridiculous amount of information compared to any other football magazine and he is usually pretty on point with his evaluations.