Just wondering if something happened to Thenarse?

I was just wondering, and thought maybe someone had some news or have heard why they took him out of the game? He was having a great game and was causeing a lot of problems for the Jayhawks in the first half and then the second half he wasn't out there at all. I don't want another bash session on O'Hanalon but he got burned a lot and could not get off his blocks to make plays.

The last time I remember Rickey being in he blew a tackle on KU's second TD, but you are right he deserved to be in and was bringing fire and energy to the D like no one else does.

I personally saw what happened from my seat. He missed the tackle that went for the touchdown and came over to the sideline. Bo came over and said something to him and it looked like Ricky said something to Bo, then Bo walked straight at him, got his face right up to his facebook and let him have it about something. And, that was the last time Ricky was in. Saw O'hanlon the rest of the game.

I agree that Ricky needs to be in the game. But, man, I don't think you want to get on Bo's bad side. In O'Hannlon's defense, he doesn't do a bad job at run support on the edges, just not in open field after catches. He has made decent plays for losses or minimal gains.

I agree that Ricky needs to be in the game. But, man, I don't think you want to get on Bo's bad side. In O'Hannlon's defense, he doesn't do a bad job at run support on the edges, just not in open field after catches. He has made decent plays for losses or minimal gains.

He busted the coverage and then missed the tackle!

The last time I remember Rickey being in he blew a tackle on KU's second TD, but you are right he deserved to be in and was bringing fire and energy to the D like no one else does.

I personally saw what happened from my seat. He missed the tackle that went for the touchdown and came over to the sideline. Bo came over and said something to him and it looked like Ricky said something to Bo, then Bo walked straight at him, got his face right up to his facebook and let him have it about something. And, that was the last time Ricky was in. Saw O'hanlon the rest of the game.

Sure it wasn't My Space??? :)

which, if you read my post, I said he does not do well in open space and tackles after catches... but if you have watched much at all, he has had a number of tackles on run support around the LOS..

I am assuming that you read my post, and are agreeing with me, since it is pretty much what I said... he struggles in pass defense and tackles after catches.

That's not good to run your mouth to your head coach like that if that's what actually happened?! Your better than that Rickey.............

You are absolutely right, and if that is the case then he deserved his space on the sideline. I just hope that he learned from it now. I just want to say also that I do realize that O'Hanlon does make some good plays, and deserves some playing time IMO. I also noticed that when Rickey was in he was doing a great job of getting off of his blocks and then not always the one there to make the play, but help create it for someone on the line or one of the LB kwim. But thanks for the responses, I just can't beleive that I don't remember that play, even after I read about it in the OWH. Oh well I guess <_<

which, if you read my post, I said he does not do well in open space and tackles after catches... but if you have watched much at all, he has had a number of tackles on run support around the LOS..

I am assuming that you read my post, and are agreeing with me, since it is pretty much what I said... he struggles in pass defense and tackles after catches.

Even before the season Coach Sanders said this was a problem with both Thenarse and Asante. Hopefully it will click for them sooner than later.

you would have to be an idiot to challenge Pelini after a blown play....no wonder he did not come back into the game........respect for the coach is basic stuff, if he talked back to Pelini, that was indeed a stupid choice.

I want to make clear, I just reported what I saw. I do not know what, if anything, Rickey said. That's just what it looked like to me from my seat. I don't know why Bo would of acted that way unless Rickey said something or made an excuse Bo didn't like.

sure O'hanlon has had some tackles for losses, that is going to happen if you play enough snaps. O'hanlon is a good guy but lets not try to muddy the waters. He is not good in run support at all. for ever tackle for a loss there have been 5 complete whiffs on the edge. He cannot make a tackle period if a blocker gets to him. he is bad angles, bad form, bad tackling period. His coverage is bad. I love the guys effort, dont get me wrong, but other than his knowledge of the Defense (im reaching here) O'hanlon doesnt do anything well and most of it is simply below average.

I would assume the poster is right and that RT snapped back at coach or something because Bo has proven that one mistake will not send you to the bench. RT had one mistake and it gave KU a TD but i dont see him getting benched for that. Look at the facts, Bo has seen O'hanlon make multiple mistakes in one series and hasnt pulled him