K-State opens as 6 point underdog to Huskers

jayhawk

How could K-State only be a 6 point underdog? I know they are home, I know the line has moved a little since, but they are not good and have been getting worse. The Huskers, on the other hand, have been getting better and things look good for them. I would think this was a slam dunk pick for GBR....

How could K-State only be a 6 point underdog? I know they are home, I know the line has moved a little since, but they are not good and have been getting worse. The Huskers, on the other hand, have been getting better and things look good for them. I would think this was a slam dunk pick for GBR....

Our lack of consistency probably plays a part in this.

My line on the game is 7 points, seeing that it is at K-fart, so, I agree with it.

To me, this game is a total toss-up at this point. They will be ready to play and the QB is very dangerous. If we come to play and play error free, then we win by 21 or more.

It's up to the Huskers to determine the "if".

SheepdogMark

6 points doesn't surprise me. 1) They are home. 2) Prince & company could be looking to finish with a bang. 3) Freeman could be leaving...wants to put up some big numbers. 4) They are capable of putting up big numbers, and if Suh doesn't show up like he did last week, Freeman is very capable of burning the secondary all day.

But who gives a crap about the spread.

That spread is garbage. I don't see any scenario-short of a near complete breakdown-where we don't beat them by at least 20. In fact, maybe I'll put some money on it.

With exception of the MU/OU games, NE HAS been pretty consistent, winning by respectable margins and nearly knocking off VT/TT. I think our D will be more solid vs KSUck. :box:bonez

6 points doesn't surprise me. 1) They are home. 2) Prince & company could be looking to finish with a bang. 3) Freeman could be leaving...wants to put up some big numbers. 4) They are capable of putting up big numbers, and if Suh doesn't show up like he did last week, Freeman is very capable of burning the secondary all day.

I agree with these points. After being embarrassed last year in Lincoln, I would think Prince would have them fired up for this game. Plus, with Freeman most likely leaving after the season and Prince needing some positives for his next resume, I think they'll show up ready. How long they keep fighting is another story. Players seemed to give up against Mizzo last week, so we'll see. I just hope they don't invite all those noisy bikers like they did last time we visited :LOLtartar:dumdum

I would agree with pretty much all of the posts here. I don't really know if the whole home field advantage weighs in as much as the fact that we always tend to give up the big play on third down, well not always but you get what I mean. I think that if we play the way we did last week, and they can get a few big plays that we still end up with a bigger margin than that, but they are capable of throwing down field and that could hurt. They want the shoot out IMO. We obviously don't.

KSU has their backs up against the wall in trying to become bowl eligible and Freeman has never beaten us.

As for the comment that KSU has thrown it in already, they scored 14 points in the last few minutes at Missouri.

We can't continue to make stupid penalties and turn it over on the road in the Big XII or we will not be able to recover.

All Vegas is doing is trying to balance their book. And yes it surprised me too and it will be interesting to see if the spread moves during the week.

After we ran up the score on them last year, I just assumed KState would beat us this year. I figured they would be improving, while we were adjusting to a new coach. Plus, it's a road game.

But the way the year has progressed, I really doubt KSU shows up and makes much of a game out of this. Of course, we are perfectly capable of shooting ourselves in the foot bad enough to lose this game.

Skers control their destiny. A thorough beat down is there for the taking, if only they show up and go about their business.

To where? Sure he has the measurables to play in the pro's, but you've got to have a head on your shoulder to get drafted. Look at Michael Bishop, guy had all the talent and couldn't spell "CAT"

KSuck will likely play their butts off for Senior Day and Ronnie Princess. But in the end, they'll self implode and hand the game to the Huskers. But the Huskers need to do a better job of taking care of the football. That will cost you on the road.

Huskers beat KSU by 12 in Manhattan.

My Jayhawks SHOCK the world and beat Texas this weekend! :sarcasm A guy can dream, can't he!

To where? Sure he has the measurables to play in the pro's, but you've got to have a head on your shoulder to get drafted. Look at Michael Bishop, guy had all the talent and couldn't spell "CAT"

There is plenty of talk out there of him testing the waters. There aren't that many great Sr. QB's in the draft this year and if some of the underclassmen stay, he could go in the first couple of rounds. There has always been plenty of talk that his size and strength alone would get him drafted on the first day...regardless of when he came out. With all the uncertainty of who and what system he'll be playing under, guarantee he will be working with the NFL advisory committee at the end of this season.