K-State opens as 6 point underdog to Huskers

jayhawk

That spread is garbage. I don't see any scenario-short of a near complete breakdown-where we don't beat them by at least 20. In fact, maybe I'll put some money on it.

With exception of the MU/OU games, NE HAS been pretty consistent, winning by respectable margins and nearly knocking off VT/TT. I think our D will be more solid vs KSUck. :box:bonez

:yeah

BLOWOUT!!

The goal of the line is to get an even number of bets on each side, not to predict the outcome of the game.

The oddsmakers don't care who wins or loses, just as long as they make money either way. For every $1 million more that is bet on one team than the other, the line moves 1 point the other way. For example, Nebraska is a 6 point favorite, say $8 million is bet on Nebraska, $5 million is bet for KSU, the line will move to Nebraska being favored by 9.

The local beat writer who covers the Big 12 in the Omaha paper mentioned that Freeman was the top nfl QB prospect in the league. His size and arm strength are what they are considering. This was even talked about prior to the season. The NFL likes guys with his attributes....hell, some of the NFL qb didn't even start for their college team.

Now, I don't buy it, and would chose many other qb's in the league over him. Sometimes, the NFL gets too worked up over "size".... With all things considered, he can be very dangerous, and I would expect Prince to have them fired up and ready to play.

Bowl implications, redemption for last year's drubbing (mentioned in OWH), and the fact that Prince would like to win at least 1 game vs NU, KU, MU. All of these things concern me, but IF NU shows up and plays to their potential, we should win this one by a few tds.

Although, this NU team really doesn't make things easy on themselves this year.

KSU hates NU. They'll show up. Freeman has tons of talent, let's just hope he has his usual 3-4 brain farts during the game.

By the way...GO BEAKS! BEAT THE TIGGERS!!!

Last time I checked, NU hates KSU as well.

Has anybody here watched Kansas State play? They'r horrible. They're defense is more porous than ours was last year. They are the 109th worst defense against the run and they're secondary is hardly better. Our offense will have no trouble scoring on them.

As for their offense, it has showns flashes of potential, but Ron Prince is a horrible playcaller, he calls lots of screen passes that don't get much yardage and then when it's 3rd and long, he calls another screen pass. I'm just not worried about this game. I see another 70 point outing.

KSU hates NU. They'll show up. Freeman has tons of talent, let's just hope he has his usual 3-4 brain farts during the game.

Has anybody here watched Kansas State play? They'r horrible. They're defense is more porous than ours was last year. They are the 8th worst defense against the run and they're secondary is hardly better. Our offense will have no trouble scoring on them.

As for their offense, it has showns flashes of potential, but Ron Prince is a horrible playcaller, he calls lots of screen passes that don't get much yardage and then when it's 3rd and long, he calls another screen pass. I'm just not worried about this game. I see another 70 point outing.

supposed to be cold wet windy on Saturday?

NU will show up ready to play, dominate the time of possession, and be very stingy on defense. NU wins big time.

OK, you convinced me.

Helu runs for 200 and 4 TDs. Ganz throws for 300 and comes out in the 4th quarter.

Witt fumbles a snap.

And in a surprise move, Bo puts Suh in at QB. The big man runs the option and takes it to the house after all the defenders fall over themselves getting out of the way!!!!!! Next year's offense is born. :horns2

NU will show up ready to play, dominate the time of possession, and be very stingy on defense. NU wins big time.

OK, you convinced me.

Helu runs for 200 and 4 TDs. Ganz throws for 300 and comes out in the 4th quarter.

Witt fumbles a snap.

And in a surprise move, Bo puts Suh in at QB. The big man runs the option and takes it to the house after all the defenders fall over themselves getting out of the way!!!!!! Next year's offense is born. :horns2

OUCH - I pity the woman that has to go through the pain of giving birth to the SUH-BONE.

The goal of the line is to get an even number of bets on each side, not to predict the outcome of the game.

The oddsmakers don't care who wins or loses, just as long as they make money either way. For every $1 million more that is bet on one team than the other, the line moves 1 point the other way.

------------

U mean it's rigged?! OMG, OMG!... :ahhhhhhhh

Okay seriously, for one I really don't get why everyone says that Freeman is so good and has loads of talent. I'm not being disrespectful I'm just trying to understand because I just don't see it. KSUcks was better last year than they are this year and look how bad we beat them last year and we were a worse team. I don't see us beating them like that again this season, but considering we are getting better and they are at home I still say we beat them by 2 scores or more.

Okay seriously, for one I really don't get why everyone says that Freeman is so good and has loads of talent. I'm not being disrespectful I'm just trying to understand because I just don't see it. KSUcks was better last year than they are this year and look how bad we beat them last year and we were a worse team. I don't see us beating them like that again this season, but considering we are getting better and they are at home I still say we beat them by 2 scores or more.

indeed.

Has anybody here watched Kansas State play? They'r horrible. They're defense is more porous than ours was last year. They are the 109th worst defense against the run and they're secondary is hardly better. Our offense will have no trouble scoring on them.

What was our defense ranked last year when WE went into the KSU game, and we held them to 14 points until the end where they got garbage crap.

It's fine that you guys are confident we can win, but I heard people making the exact same predictions about the Va Tech game (we will win by 20+, no way they come to play, they're worse than last year, our offense will completely roll over them, etc.) but we lost that game. The point is, nobody knows for sure. I sure expect us to win, and I don't see why we shouldn't, but I definitely am worried the same way I am for every game because I don't know what could happen.