Nebraska Sports TV Channel

Check out this news story:

University of Texas Plans Sports TV Channel

If this happens, there will be an even bigger gulf between the "haves" and the "have-nots". As someone states in the article, "the revenue pie for college sports stays essentially the same, but they keep slicing it up." In the short term, it doesn't appear that this would take away from the Big 12 shared television revenue for the schools, but it's not hard to see where this would lead.

Even disregarding the revenue stream, this would be an extremely powerful recruiting tool. "Come to Texas, where you can be on TV every single week."

So, the question is: could the Nebraska fan base support the same type of network?

I don't know...that's a toughie....I think we do have a a large fan base, but what would the ramifications be for this network?

Would it only be on in Nebraska? If so, then I don't think there are enough people in Nebraska to support a network.

Would it be a national network that people would subscribe to, if so...then I do think that there would be enough people to support it. It just wouldn't be too flashy of a network.

If this happens, there will be an even bigger gulf between the "haves" and the "have-nots". As someone states in the article, "the revenue pie for college sports stays essentially the same, but they keep slicing it up." In the short term, it doesn't appear that this would take away from the Big 12 shared television revenue for the schools, but it's not hard to see where this would lead.

Even disregarding the revenue stream, this would be an extremely powerful recruiting tool. "Come to Texas, where you can be on TV every single week."

So, the question is: could the Nebraska fan base support the same type of network?

Calling Mr. Buffett, calling Mr. Buffett.....

OSU has Pickens, why not?

Big 10 channel is a joke, this is purely for revenue which is what college football has come down to, making as much money of the "student athletes" as possible. If the Big 10 network really wanted this for the fans they would quit ripping off every cable provider which in turn raises cable rates to pay for the channel. I know watching games on PPV bites but we do not want a Big 12 channel b/c if they do things they way the Big 10 did it, no cable provider would want to carry it.

http://deadspin.com/5059457/college-footba...fett-are-boyzzz

That's why not.

http://deadspin.com/5059457/college-footba...fett-are-boyzzz

That's why not.

Ya, i know. Internet humor never comes out right <_<

would be nice wouldn't it if mr. buffet steps up...i could be wrong but i don't think or remember that he's ever donated anything to nu...you'd think with all that money that he would donate some to his home stae school but don't think he's ever donate a penny to nu...greedy stubborn old fart

Big 10 channel is a joke, this is purely for revenue which is what college football has come down to, making as much money of the "student athletes" as possible. If the Big 10 network really wanted this for the fans they would quit ripping off every cable provider which in turn raises cable rates to pay for the channel. I know watching games on PPV bites but we do not want a Big 12 channel b/c if they do things they way the Big 10 did it, no cable provider would want to carry it.

As a MWC fan I love having our own channel I can watch 90% of the Wyoming games, and I wish I could

see that many Husker games without paying for PPV. But I also had to wait three years for the station to be picked up by DirecTV, so it wasn't always that great having a conference television station.

The main difference between the Big10 network and The Mtn. is The Mtn. has marquee conference matchups while the Big10 network is mainly crap games

would be nice wouldn't it if mr. buffet steps up...i could be wrong but i don't think or remember that he's ever donated anything to nu...you'd think with all that money that he would donate some to his home stae school but don't think he's ever donate a penny to nu...greedy stubborn old fart

He donates, he just doesnt flaunt it and slap his name all over his donation.

3 or 4 years ago NEBRASKA, OU and UT wanted to do this but the Big 12 shut it down. The thing is only those 3 schools can do it the other 9 can't - THIS IS THE FUTURE and it's already sort of happening now with NEBRASKA on PPV - The Athletic department makes more money off PPV per game than off a regular teleivised game - We'll get our own channel if texas does it.