Why We Will Lose This Weekend

I'm not guaranteeing victory, but I don't believe that the coaches will allow this team to rest on their laurels based on a victory over Kansas. If fans underestimate KSU, I don't see how that impacts the team themselves, so long as they focus properly. KSU is pure stank on the football field. Nebraska SHOULD beat them by at least 10-14.

I hope everyone else on this board is right and we walk all over KSU. But when the fans underestimate a team and all the talk around campus from students is "we are gonna kill KSUcks" etc., it can't help but have an impact on the team. They don't live in isolation. That and the feeling of accomplishment from getting the blackshirts, and I'm worried about this game. Don't think for an instant that the KSU coaches aren't playing up the handing out of the blackshirts as "wow, Nebraska thinks they have a great defense now." If KSU has early success, and their Husker-hating fans get into it, I see it being a long, tough game.

Is that the talk going around campus now? Even so, I'm willing to bet they've had Pelini pound it in their head that they can't take any team for granted at this point far more than they've heard some dork in english class telling them they're invincible, and hopefully they'd know who is more trustworthy in such a situation. Besides, I think they'd want the fans to be confident in them. I've never played football, but I find it easier to get things done when people are confident in me opposed to sitting back waiting for me to screw up.

I'm not guaranteeing victory, but I don't believe that the coaches will allow this team to rest on their laurels based on a victory over Kansas. If fans underestimate KSU, I don't see how that impacts the team themselves, so long as they focus properly. KSU is pure stank on the football field. Nebraska SHOULD beat them by at least 10-14.

I hope everyone else on this board is right and we walk all over KSU. But when the fans underestimate a team and all the talk around campus from students is "we are gonna kill KSUcks" etc., it can't help but have an impact on the team. They don't live in isolation. That and the feeling of accomplishment from getting the blackshirts, and I'm worried about this game. Don't think for an instant that the KSU coaches aren't playing up the handing out of the blackshirts as "wow, Nebraska thinks they have a great defense now." If KSU has early success, and their Husker-hating fans get into it, I see it being a long, tough game.

Is that the talk going around campus now? Even so, I'm willing to bet they've had Pelini pound it in their head that they can't take any team for granted at this point far more than they've heard some dork in english class telling them they're invincible, and hopefully they'd know who is more trustworthy in such a situation. Besides, I think they'd want the fans to be confident in them. I've never played football, but I find it easier to get things done when people are confident in me opposed to sitting back waiting for me to screw up.

You are right that Bo and Co are pounding the players not to overlook this game. Several articles in OWH and LJS on this today. Several of the players talk about this also. KSU has to win to stay alive for bowl elgibility, the Seniors will play hard for the lame duck coach that recruited them, and they vividly remember the 42 point loss in Lincoln last year. You better hope that Bo's message has sunk in, but I don't think NU will lose. If they do the things they have done the past 5 games, minus OU, they will be fine.

I don't know if any body posted this, but here is a little insight on what

the coaches and players are thinking of this game

http://nebraska.statepaper.com/vnews/displ...2/491bb1b91ea00

Good article and thanks for the link. I don't think Bo is going to let this team look past KSUcks and it's obvious this has been preached to these guys over and over again.