Why We Will Lose This Weekend

1. People are underestimating KSU

2. I think players think they actually accomplished something by beating Kansas

3. Marlon Lucky will get more carries than Roy Helu

4. Josh Freeman is due to beat nebraska

5. Ron Prince will go for it on 4th down every time

6. I just have a feeling that people r assuming 8-4 too early. This season is not over, and nebraska seems to always lose to an inferior opponent every year.

I WANT NEBRASKA TO WIN. But i have a horrible feeling about this weekend. I have a feeling freeman is going to go off and we will lose a high scoring affair. The loss of Cody Glenn does not help.

1. You're right. Nearly everyone on here is underestimating KState. KState under Prince has always had that one great game where they beat someone they shouldn't. I hope it's not us. However, I doubt the team is underestimating KState considering the drumming Bo took the last time he was on the Nebraska sideline to the hands of KState.

2. For this team to beat any team has been an accomplishment considering how we've played at times and how we played last year. KU was just another knotch in the old belt.

3. There's absolutely nothing wrong with Lucky getting more carries than Helu. If he does it means one of two things: 1) He's the one with the hot hand or 2) Helu's injured. I don't care who's running the ball as long as we're doing it for more than 1 or 2 yards per run.

4. Freeman is the wildcard in this game. If he plays lights out, he could make the game very uncomfortable for us. If he does his usual 2 to 3 INT's, then I don't think we have a lot to worry about.

5. Prince will want to finish strong. I think he'll pull out all the stops. He as a coach and his team have absolutely nothing to lose. I hope the GBR is prepared for everything.

6. Since when have we lost to an inferior opponent every year? We've been an inferior opponent to several teams over the past few years.

I don't think we will lose this weekend. I'm not saying its not possible for us to lose this weekend, anything is possible with a team as inconsistent as Nebraska. But I really don't think we will lose, I mean even last year with Billy C we pounded KSUcks. If Billy C can outcoach Ron Prince, then Pelini easily can. And now Prince is in the same position as Cally was last year, he is on his way out. His players don't care anymore, just like last years Husker team. I would be very surprised to see us lose this game on Saturday.

I'm not guaranteeing victory, but I don't believe that the coaches will allow this team to rest on their laurels based on a victory over Kansas. If fans underestimate KSU, I don't see how that impacts the team themselves, so long as they focus properly. KSU is pure stank on the football field. Nebraska SHOULD beat them by at least 10-14.

I hope everyone else on this board is right and we walk all over KSU. But when the fans underestimate a team and all the talk around campus from students is "we are gonna kill KSUcks" etc., it can't help but have an impact on the team. They don't live in isolation. That and the feeling of accomplishment from getting the blackshirts, and I'm worried about this game. Don't think for an instant that the KSU coaches aren't playing up the handing out of the blackshirts as "wow, Nebraska thinks they have a great defense now." If KSU has early success, and their Husker-hating fans get into it, I see it being a long, tough game.

I think blackshirts were handed out for this reason, to get the D refocused and build their confidence so no let down will happen. Just my .02

:w00t

I'm predicting a signature day for the D....glenn or not. NU rolls. As someone else noted Glenn was out for the TT game and Matt Holt stepped up and played out of his head - and was named defensive player of the game. Go get your shirt kid!! :bonez

1. People are underestimating KSU

2. I think players think they actually accomplished something by beating Kansas

3. Marlon Lucky will get more carries than Roy Helu

4. Josh Freeman is due to beat nebraska

5. Ron Prince will go for it on 4th down every time

6. I just have a feeling that people r assuming 8-4 too early. This season is not over, and nebraska seems to always lose to an inferior opponent every year.

I WANT NEBRASKA TO WIN. But i have a horrible feeling about this weekend. I have a feeling freeman is going to go off and we will lose a high scoring affair. The loss of Cody Glenn does not help.

I am not sure why people assume that Nebraska is OVERLOOKING opponents....What? Do you think that the team is jujmping ahead to the bowl game?

Trust me...Bo and Company want to crush these Wildcats...then Bo can run across the field and ask Prince why he let NU run up the score on em!

GO BIG RED!! KILL KSU!