Bowlin

I still think an 8-4 Nebraska should be more impressive than a 7-5 Notre Dame team, especially given how the teams finished and the level of competition. Nebraska would probably be 10-2 with Notre Dame's sched.

It doesn't matter that they might have a worse record than us. It doesn't matter if we went 10-2 with their schedule. It comes down to who the bowl chooses. Between Notre Dumb and NU, which has the better following? Considering Notre Dumb has the strongest following of any team in the nation, they get the nod.

I still think an 8-4 Nebraska should be more impressive than a 7-5 Notre Dame team, especially given how the teams finished and the level of competition. Nebraska would probably be 10-2 with Notre Dame's sched.

It doesn't matter that they might have a worse record than us. It doesn't matter if we went 10-2 with their schedule. It comes down to who the bowl chooses. Between Notre Dumb and NU, which has the better following? Considering Notre Dumb has the strongest following of any team in the nation, they get the nod.

but, but, but...they don't even travel to Notre Dame Stadium as well as we do lol

but, but, but...they don't even travel to Notre Dame Stadium as well as we do lol

I really hate to say, but living on the East Coast the last few years has really opened my eyes to just how much ND means nationally. The NE is mainly a Baseball and Pro Football fan base, college football simply doesn't do it for them. That is despite having storied programs such as PSU and Syracuse (yes I know they suck now, but anyone who has been a fan of CFB longer than 6 years knows what I am talking about. Jim Brown, Donovan McNabb, etc.), and a burgeoning Rutgers team over the past few years. The only exception to this is ND. They are the only team that people out here make it a point to look at the score or watch in a bar on Saturdays. There is a reason they have that TV contract, networks don't just throw money like that without getting a return on their investment. There are more "casual" fans that will make sure to watch ND than any other team in the country. That is a very SAD fact.

Is there a clause that says the Big 12 runner up (championship game loser) is guaranteed a bowl, no lower than the Cotton? Some one on this board may have mentioned this....

If MU is guaranteed at at least the Cotton, then I think the Alamo is out..

2 in the BCS, with the 3rd team (OU, TT, UT) in the Holiday...MU in Cotton........ and the Alamo Bowl would probably take OSU over NU.... again putting NU in the Sun.

No, if there was, you would see Missouri in the Cotton or Fiesta Bowl in every bowl projection...and they aren't.