Bowlin

Local Omaha station (KETV ABC) sports guy just said it looked like this win put NU in Sun bowl....obviously no one knows, but IMO, this is where we are going.

he doesn't know any better than any of us do, to be completely honest..... He's guessing. He's looked at what the MOST LIKELY would be.. but honestly, i see it being hard to take ND over NU but then again, they are notre dame... who knows.

Personally, I would love to have the Gator Bowl select NU over ND, but that f'n ND will get the nod, because they are f'n ND........ we all KNOW that...

Secondly, the best possible bowl for NU would be the Alamo......San Antonio is awesome and we would compete well against a big ten team...

But, realistically, and from almost ALL indications, we are going to the Sun Bowl vs PAC 10 !!!!

Today's Omaha World Herald even stated that it appeared El Paso was the "likely" destination... NO, it is not confirmed, but I would have to say that......

1. Yes, the local sports guys who run "The Big Red Zone" nightly, would know a little more than those of us

on the board.

2. Yes, the local newspaper "beat-writer" who covers NU from the inside out, would know a little more than

the rest of us.

I really, really hope it is the Gator or Alamo, but I am making hotel reservations today in El Paso ( I can always cancel them...ha)

Personally, I would love to have the Gator Bowl select NU over ND, but that f'n ND will get the nod, because they are f'n ND........ we all KNOW that...

Secondly, the best possible bowl for NU would be the Alamo......San Antonio is awesome and we would compete well against a big ten team...

But, realistically, and from almost ALL indications, we are going to the Sun Bowl vs PAC 10 !!!!

Today's Omaha World Herald even stated that it appeared El Paso was the "likely" destination... NO, it is not confirmed, but I would have to say that......

1. Yes, the local sports guys who run "The Big Red Zone" nightly, would know a little more than those of us

on the board.

2. Yes, the local newspaper "beat-writer" who covers NU from the inside out, would know a little more than

the rest of us.

I really, really hope it is the Gator or Alamo, but I am making hotel reservations today in El Paso ( I can always cancel them...ha)

Looking at the Big Twelve site the Alamo has the next pick after the Gator not the Sun so I would think that if ND goes to the Gator the Alamo would take NU over say a Missouri or Okie State

This is what most of us are counting on, but OSU will only have 3 losses and plays in the "south" which is the media darling.......deservingly so...... and MU will have beaten NU head to head and will have a better record, unless they get beat by KU....

As much as I want this to happen, we would have to get chosen over 2 teams that will rank ahead of us...by record and pecking order.

I am praying for Alamo (if not Gator)......just think it is asking too much.

But, wouldn't OSU or MU go to cotton, which would mean the Alamo would only have to jump us over 1 of those teams, which is a little more encouraging !!!!!!!!! Hell, I am correcting my own posts. WTF

GO BIG RED, BEAT THE BUFFS

I am all for the Gator and a January 1st date with Miami or FSU which didn't help the cause with their beat down to BC, but am realizing that El Paso is the probable outcome. I was hoping Cal would be the matchup so we can get a chance to beat around former recruiting hot rod Nyan Boatang. That would be great after all the crap he was pulling during the recruiting process. Of course in todays recruiting world I guess it really isn't crap anymore. We will probably get Oregon and a chance to pummel them in their 124 uniform choices. I guess it would be fitting as well with all the recruiting battles we have had with them recently. Send us anywhere, the way we are playing right now would mean trouble for any possible opponents. Still give me the Gator and the ACC that would pose our biggest challenge and let us see how much we have improved.

I'm thinking that the Alamo Bowl would take us if the Gator Bowl didn't because:

1) Husker fans love San Antonio

2) San Antonio loves Husker fans

3) We gave them, perhaps, the greatest game in their history the last time we were there

I would get a great 3 days in San Antone. I know Im selfish but if you have never been there for a game... Trust me it is an insane party...