man I wish we could play MU again

melscott62

Let's not drink too much :koolaid2: here. I think if we had VA Tech again (at home) we could beat them. The others are still better than us this season. The VA Tech game was a tough loss...we just didn't get the breaks that game. Mizzou totally beat us...we had the wrong defensive scheme against them. Texas Tech probably overlooked us and it was too bad we could not pull of the stunner. No way we were beating OU in Norman and that game just snowballed against us. We get all of these teams again next year and I think all these games will still be some of the toughest on our schedule. We are @VA tech so that is not good. We are @Mizzou as well. Texas Tech and OU come to Lincoln. We are due to beat Texas Tech and get that monkey off our back. We have come so close to beating them after they drubbed us that one year. OU will be a huge game as always. Wow next year is going to be tough again. :duel

Let's not drink too much :koolaid2: here. I think if we had VA Tech again (at home) we could beat them. The others are still better than us this season. The VA Tech game was a tough loss...we just didn't get the breaks that game. Mizzou totally beat us...we had the wrong defensive scheme against them. Texas Tech probably overlooked us and it was too bad we could not pull of the stunner. No way we were beating OU in Norman and that game just snowballed against us. We get all of these teams again next year and I think all these games will still be some of the toughest on our schedule. We are @VA tech so that is not good. We are @Mizzou as well. Texas Tech and OU come to Lincoln. We are due to beat Texas Tech and get that monkey off our back. We have come so close to beating them after they drubbed us that one year. OU will be a huge game as always. Wow next year is going to be tough again. :duel

if I am not mistaken everyone in this thread save one has said MU would still beat us.... the MU fan is just trying to stir things up. all I was saying was it would have been better game.

same with OU... no one was even talking about them except on poster

if I am not mistaken everyone in this thread save one has said MU would still beat us.... the MU fan is just trying to stir things up. all I was saying was it would have been better game.

same with OU... no one was even talking about them except on poster

Hopefully we go out and beat these teams next year. Mizzou, Texas Tech, and OU have had our number lately...I don't like it but we need to turn the tide and knock these guys off next year. I like what Bo is doing, but we need to knock off these caliber of teams and then I will know we really got something going.

VT and TT are the only games that if played again now we'd have a shot at winning. We simply do not match up well with MU or OU this year, and they would both blow us out again.

I cannot believe how wins against KU (gave up 35 points) and KSU (gave up 28) would make anyone think we would stand a chance against MU or OU now.

Put down the Kool-AID people!

VT and TT are the only games that if played again now we'd have a shot at winning. We simply do not match up well with MU or OU this year, and they would both blow us out again.

I cannot believe how wins against KU (gave up 35 points) and KSU (gave up 28) would make anyone think we would stand a chance against MU or OU now.

Put down the Kool-AID people!

Texas tech is so much better than MU this year it isn't even funny. we played our best and they played bad... IMO the MU game was the exact opposite. I thin thats about as good as they get and we were horrid. and bo's gameplan was really bad...and that was before we went to more of a spread on O

I agree with BigRedIowan. I would like to play the first quarter of the OU game, the entire MU game, and the OT of the TT game. But, how many teams would like a do over? I will say this though, I don't know too many teams that have improved as much as we have this year.

I have watched every game and the physicality of our team has improved a lot! That is Nebraska football, and that is truly what should make us all excited about the future!

I think CU is in for one major butt whoopin........

Are you guys serious?

A mediocre (at best) KU team gave your guys all they wanted in your own back yard. You slapped around a terrible Iowa State team and beat up on a K-State team that's effectively headless and now you're dreaming of a re-match with Mizzou and Oklahoma?

Put down the crack pipe.

While Mizzou is by no means an elite power, with obvious weaknesses to boot, there's no way Nebraska has covered enough ground this year to significantly change the outcome of a hypothetical re-match with the Tigers. That would require over five touchdown's worth of progress in six weeks in order to win a second game. A margin of victory that was earned in Lincoln no less. And don't forget that Pinkel took his foot off the gas too. We could have easily hung 70 on you.

I believe that Mizzou would still beat Nebraska's best game by at least 2-3 TDs. Not a route by any means, but decisive nevertheless.

OU would smoke you guys just 'cause, well, they're OU and you're Nebraska. Why on earth would you want to put your team on the field with them again? Did you not see the same game that I saw?

If it makes you feel any better, all bets are off for next year's MU-NU matchup. Bo seems to have your team headed in the right direction and I don't know how dramatic the dropoff's going to be once this class of seniors graduates. I think it could go either way, with neither team getting a blowout.

I agree with your post. KST was a big win and we're playing well, but MU beat us very soundly. We would have to play perfect yo beat MU. We almost beat T. Tech and that's the only thing I'm baseing that on. If we played the same gameplan and executed perfectly.

I have a funny feeling that Missouri could go the way of KU...not because they haven't played anyone this season, because they did, but with losing Chase I think they are going to have more than their share of problems next year.

I still say that any given week either team could win, just depends on the breaks that each team gets.

MU seems to be having it's own share of issues. KSU played them ok

caveman,

Not that it really matters but that game was 41-10 with 80 seconds left. KSU had about 200 total yrds.

If you want to say they played "ok" or even "well" against MU's third string D, then yes they did. A mix of KSU first and second teams players did score, onside kick, and score again on a bunch of kids that didnt even have names on the back of their jerseys.

That game was never close. MU dominated them.

OU would smoke you guys just 'cause, well, they're OU and you're Nebraska.

If it makes you feel any better, all bets are off for next year's MU-NU matchup. Bo seems to have your team headed in the right direction and I don't know how dramatic the dropoff's going to be once this class of seniors graduates. I think it could go either way, with neither team getting a blowout.

Exactly what is that supposed to mean? Coming from a Missouri fan, I find that very funny.

You'll never win a conference title just 'cause, well, you're Missouri.

Exactly what is that supposed to mean? Coming from a Missouri fan, I find that very funny.

I'm sure he meant it about THIS year, but either way, you guys should know to take this stuff with a grain of salt.

I'm sure he meant it about THIS year, but either way, you guys should know to take this stuff with a grain of salt.

Coming from you, I do. You post enought that I feel like I know you (not sure if that is good or bad!) :)

He probably should have chosen his words better!

edit: spelling