chiefs basically running the same offense as the skers.......

i was just thinking and recently KC has started to run a lot of spread formations and they mix in a few pro sets among others, the only one i havent really seen is too much option (no pro team does much). they run a lot of short passing game. NU runs alot of spread, Pro sets, and short passing game.

:horns2

just some similarities that i have noticed............ :horns2

i think next year or the year after the chiefs will be very very good. Thigpen moves the offense better than any chiefs QB since trent green was still healthy. and yes i am ready for herm to be fired.

and for the poster that said we run the same offense as MU, that is simply NOT accurate. we run some spread sets and some pro sets.....those spread sets are not even the same type of spread that MU runs. MU runs a spread that is more unique to them, TTECH-MU-WVU all run different types of spread. just because the sets they run are called spread sets, it does not mean they are even remotely the same...............

i was just thinking and recently KC has started to run a lot of spread formations and they mix in a few pro sets among others, the only one i havent really seen is too much option (no pro team does much). they run a lot of short passing game. NU runs alot of spread, Pro sets, and short passing game.

:horns2

just some similarities that i have noticed............ :horns2

I was thinking they run an offense similar to Nevada's, not ours. Half the game last week was out of the pistol.

If you're going to get completely technical, then no, no 2 'spreads' are the same. But your point was that the offenses are BASICALLY the same. Which a lot of these spread offenses are.

When it comes down to it these SIMILAR offenses put up SIMILAR numbers across the board regardless of the little quirks and nuances that make each offense unique:

For example:

Missouri

-Chase Daniel completing 76% of his passes for a total of 3592 yards and 30 TDs/11 INT's

-Chase Daniel has rushed 41 times for 136 yards

-They have 7 receivers w/ 17+ receptions

-Top 3 backs have combined for 1367 yards rushing

Nebraska

-Joe Ganz completing 70% of his passes for a total of 3103 yards and 21 TDs/10INT's

-Joe Ganz has rushed 72 times for 248 hards

-Have 7 receivers w/ 20+ receptions

-Top 3 backs have combined for 1485 yards rushing

I didn't say they were exactly the same. But basically....

I think the Chiefs should deal Gonzalez and LJ while they still have some value. Pick up some draft picks.

Gonzalez is incredibly valuable, but I'd feel bad for the guy if he ended his career with this team. He deserves to contend for a Super Bowl. The Chiefs won't even be in that conversation for 3-4 years, probably.

I think Smith, Savage, and Charles can handle the RB duties much better than LJ, though.

I think the Chiefs should deal Gonzalez and LJ while they still have some value. Pick up some draft picks.

Gonzalez is incredibly valuable, but I'd feel bad for the guy if he ended his career with this team. He deserves to contend for a Super Bowl. The Chiefs won't even be in that conversation for 3-4 years, probably.

I think Smith, Savage, and Charles can handle the RB duties much better than LJ, though.

its the NFL... they could be in the superbowl next year....its so nutty. but yeah if we get good value I would deal him