I always enjoy seeing Notre Dame lose

HuskerKing130

think the gator bowl still wants them?....up next ..usc..lol...just don't understand the media's infatuation with notre dame...can't believe the gator bowl would consider a BAD, and i mean BAD, notre dame team with more losses over us....nu would put a whooping on notre dame if they were to play today....they ( the media) can bring up tradition and all that but we have as much tradition as notre dame....and our fans travel better...remember when nu fans invaded notre dame stadium when we played them there?....they (nu fans ) basically ran the notre dame fan out of their own stadium ...just don't understand how the gator bowl reps would think that notre dame would travel better....

I would say there is a 0% chance of a 6-6 ND going to the Gator bowl. I dont think they are allowed to actually select them untill ALL other teams eligible for that bowl with at least 7 wins are taken.

I suppose the ND fans should look at it this way, as they will be off playing in some toilet bowl vs some MAC or CUSA team, they might actually have an outside chance of getting a bowl win for the first time since the 80s.

I would say there is a 0% chance of a 6-6 ND going to the Gator bowl. I dont think they are allowed to actually select them untill ALL other teams eligible for that bowl with at least 7 wins are taken.

I suppose the ND fans should look at it this way, as they will be off playing in some toilet bowl vs some MAC or CUSA team, they might actually have an outside chance of getting a bowl win for the first time since the 80s.

shoot! some of those mac teams (ball st., western michigan) are much better than notre dame..if ball st. was to play notre dame i would put my money on ball st....there's nothing behind notre dame other than the name and past glory....

think the gator bowl still wants them?....up next ..usc..lol...just don't understand the media's infatuation with notre dame...can't believe the gator bowl would consider a BAD, and i mean BAD, notre dame team with more losses over us....nu would put a whooping on notre dame if they were to play today....they ( the media) can bring up tradition and all that but we have as much tradition as notre dame....and our fans travel better...remember when nu fans invaded notre dame stadium when we played them there?....they (nu fans ) basically ran the notre dame fan out of their own stadium ...just don't understand how the gator bowl reps would think that notre dame would travel better....

It's not just the fans travelling - it's the TV ratings. Just look at this thread - everyone talking about how much they like to watch Notre Dame lose. So even people who aren't fans will tune in when ND plays just to watch them lose. I've met people who don't like Neb, and they're not that sadistic about watching Neb play just to see them lose - it's more like they don't care. That hatred is what gets ND the bigger bowls.

But don't worry, this also means that they constantly play teams who are much better, contributing to their NCAA record bowl losing streak...

shoot! some of those mac teams (ball st., western michigan) are much better than notre dame..if ball st. was to play notre dame i would put my money on ball st....there's nothing behind notre dame other than the name and past glory....

HA! I will lol hard if a 6-6 ND team gets put in a game against a 10-2 TCU and gets trounced.

...regardless of the fact that we now have a better shot at the Gator Bowl, I tremendously enjoyed watching Notre Dame lose today.

Yeah, ditto. Plus it's ttly kewl that a few of their fans were throwing snowballs at the team: good Catholics aren't supposed to do that are they?

Plus, the Coach formerly known as 'Turtleneck Pants' has evidently gone thru a makeover into some hoody/grunge type thing.

Wow, dude looked disheveled to say the least. (Domers Suck Emoticon)

Coach 'Hoody II' will be down the :flush end of '09 for sure. Maybe this year after yesterday's game. But he's gotta $20,000,000 buyout clause in his contract and that is FAT!

The Domers represent the Catholic Church which is a big part of the U.S. establishment; hence the hype and special treatment. That school must have a HUGE endowment!

NE represents farmers/hicks and a much smaller share of the market; hence, no love. Capice?

(I have to revive my ND/MI Official Hate Thread--as per 'OTHER STUFF, NCAA'--I guess, since ND/Weis is gonna be a 'growing' story over the next year it appears....)