Josh Williams

Pelini: No comment on Josh Williams

LINCOLN — Coach Bo Pelini said Monday after practice that he is looking into the situation involving Josh Williams, the true freshman defensive end who received a citation for minor consumption at a Lincoln sports bar early Sunday morning.

The 6-foot-4, 225-pound Williams, who was with the team Monday, hasn't played for the Huskers this year, but was recognized by an officer doing a routine inspection for underage patrons at 12:42 a.m. at Heidelberg's Sports Bar, located at 4620 Bair Ave.

The odor of alcohol was detected on Williams' breath and he spoke with slurred speech, according to Lincoln police. Williams, 18, was cited and released.

In July, Williams was sentenced to two years probation and fined $500 at a plea hearing in his hometown of Denton, Texas, after he was accused of robbing a man last April.

Omaha World-Herald

Pelini: No comment on Josh Williams

LINCOLN — Coach Bo Pelini said Monday after practice that he is looking into the situation involving Josh Williams, the true freshman defensive end who received a citation for minor consumption at a Lincoln sports bar early Sunday morning.

The 6-foot-4, 225-pound Williams, who was with the team Monday, hasn't played for the Huskers this year, but was recognized by an officer doing a routine inspection for underage patrons at 12:42 a.m. at Heidelberg's Sports Bar, located at 4620 Bair Ave.

The odor of alcohol was detected on Williams' breath and he spoke with slurred speech, according to Lincoln police. Williams, 18, was cited and released.

In July, Williams was sentenced to two years probation and fined $500 at a plea hearing in his hometown of Denton, Texas, after he was accused of robbing a man last April.

Omaha World-Herald

I forgot what kind of punishment he got from team the first time. Anyone remember :dunno

A college kid drinking? BLASPHEMY!

Kids will drink. But he needs to realize he has a responsibility to his teammates and coaches. He is getting a free education to play football. He needs to see what kind of opportunity this is and man up.

Man up to what exactly?

If we made a big deal out of underage kids drinking that are on the football team, we wouldn't have a kid left. Heck, we would barely have a kid left in school.

It happens. The only reason this is even an blurb in the OWH is because he plays football. Non-issue.

Kids will drink. But he needs to realize he has a responsibility to his teammates and coaches. He is getting a free education to play football. He needs to see what kind of opportunity this is and man up.

Man up to what exactly?

If we made a big deal out of underage kids drinking that are on the football team, we wouldn't have a kid left. Heck, we would barely have a kid left in school.

It happens. The only reason this is even an blurb in the OWH is because he plays football. Non-issue.

I was just saying that he needs to show more responsibility. I will guarantee that Pelini said something about drinking after the Christiansen situation about drinking. And Williams pretty much said FU coach Pelini. I am sure most don't share my opinion but I don't care. It was irresponsible.

Man up to what exactly?

Non-issue? The guy's on probation. This likely means Texas jail time.

Man up to what exactly?

You're right that underage drinking in college is not a big deal, but Pelini has already stated he wouldn't put up with this behavior. And while I agree it's only in the paper cause he's a football player, the bigger issue is he's already had a run-in with the law for robbery, is on probabtion and just dug a deeper hole to crawl out of. Getting cited while on probation is never a good thing.