Josh Williams

A college kid drinking? BLASPHEMY!

Kids will drink. But he needs to realize he has a responsibility to his teammates and coaches. He is getting a free education to play football. He needs to see what kind of opportunity this is and man up.

Man up to what exactly?

If we made a big deal out of underage kids drinking that are on the football team, we wouldn't have a kid left. Heck, we would barely have a kid left in school.

It happens. The only reason this is even an blurb in the OWH is because he plays football. Non-issue.

Non-issue? The guy's on probation. This likely means Texas jail time.

ding ding ding, we have a winner. Anybody been in trouble with the law in Texas? I have, and you don't f with those dudes. They treat MIP like a friggin' capital offense.

It says he was was cited and released. Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesnt that mean he goes to court & pays a fine? He wasnt actually arrested, was he?

And yes, college kids run with the crowd. They're going to have a few drinks. There are a lot more that do not get busted then those that do. It's unfortunate for Josh. Hopefully everything works out okay.

wrong place wrong time..wrong...on the other hand the cop who that cited him knew who he was ( being a football player and all) and approached him and ask for his id then asked him to do a breathalizer....i could see if josh was causing trouble but he wasn't... it was the cop who approached him ( sounds like a d#ck looking for trouble to me)...josh probably had a beer or two which he shouldn't have been doing but let's face it most college kids drink....point is if you're looking for dirt you're gonna find it...anybody...this is not to say that josh didn't mess up..he did

It says he was was cited and released. Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesnt that mean he goes to court & pays a fine? He wasnt actually arrested, was he?

And yes, college kids run with the crowd. They're going to have a few drinks. There are a lot more that do not get busted then those that do. It's unfortunate for Josh. Hopefully everything works out okay.

this being his first offense in the state of NE, he'll probably just get diversion(i did anyways), but being on probation might change things....

wrong place wrong time..wrong...on the other hand the cop who that cited him knew who he was ( being a football player and all) and approached him and ask for his id then asked him to do a breathalizer....i could see if josh was causing trouble but he wasn't... it was the cop who approached him ( sounds like a d#ck looking for trouble to me)...josh probably had a beer or two which he shouldn't have been doing but let's face it most college kids drink....point is if you're looking for dirt you're gonna find it...anybody...this is not to say that josh didn't mess up..he did

You're right, it's always those d#ckhead cops who are looking for trouble. :sarcasm

Yes, most college kids drink. Few have a problem with it it seems. Why not have your beer at home/dorm/wherever? You are a representative of the team and shouldn't be in a public place breaking a law, no matter how minor it may be. Josh Williams made a mistake and will have to deal with it. No need to bash the cop for sending Mr Williams away on a summons release...

I was just saying that he needs to show more responsibility. I will guarantee that Pelini said something about drinking after the Christiansen situation about drinking. And Williams pretty much said FU coach Pelini. I am sure most don't share my opinion but I don't care. It was irresponsible.

Andy's problem was NOT about drinking. If it was that simple he would be back on the team.

Irresponsible? How? By drinking? Dude, it's college. I would bet every single player on that team has downed a few, especially in public. He got caught with alcohol on his breath. He didn't drink and drive. He didn't throw a woman down a flight of stairs. He had a beer.

Non-issue? The guy's on probation. This likely means Texas jail time.

No, because the citation he received can and will very likely be thrown out in court. Even if it isn't, it will never go on his record.

You're right that underage drinking in college is not a big deal, but Pelini has already stated he wouldn't put up with this behavior. And while I agree it's only in the paper cause he's a football player, the bigger issue is he's already had a run-in with the law for robbery, is on probabtion and just dug a deeper hole to crawl out of. Getting cited while on probation is never a good thing.

Tell that to Teafatiller who had about 84 DUIs by now.

You're right, it's always those d#ckhead cops who are looking for trouble. :sarcasm

Yes, most college kids drink. Few have a problem with it it seems. Why not have your beer at home/dorm/wherever? You are a representative of the team and shouldn't be in a public place breaking a law, no matter how minor it may be. Josh Williams made a mistake and will have to deal with it. No need to bash the cop for sending Mr Williams away on a summons release...

The fact that the officer recognized Josh and approached him is a conflict of interest. A "routine" check? :bs: I graduated in 06........ I was in various bars 4-5 nights a week, some weeks more. I never once saw a "routine" check or even had my fake ID taken from me...... I've heard that over the past 2 years the cops in Lincoln have been pricks when it comes to drinking, when in the past they would do nothing but send you home, they didn't even make sure you had a solber driver................ I guarantee you I can make a list over 30 players long using the bball teams, football team, volleyball team and defiantly the baseball team of underage drinkers that I personally have seen in the act.................. It's total BS what the heck are you supposed to do in Lincoln????????????

There has been no major incidents causing such a change in the attitude on drinking in the city of Lincoln, it's the city administration......... They want to change Lincoln in to something it's not, it has been and always will be a college town.........

Should Josh have used better judgment being he is on probation......... Yes

Should the officer approached Josh because he recognized him from scout.com.......... No

Should Josh had been cited...... No

Would this have been an isssue 2 years ago.......... No

The city administration has a stick up their ass and they are going to turn an awesome college town, into a small worthless city in the middle of nowhere............ I mean what else does Lincoln have to offer other than the college scene.................................................. 0. Zilch, NADA

Yeah, a citation to an eighteen year old legal adult goes on your record, and yes Nebraska (the state) will notify other states' probation office when a citiation - for anything - is issued in its jurisdiction to someone on probation.

But, Josh's problems are going to be with a different court, one that is more of a dictatorship. Pelini's.

So, was anything - legally - done to the establishment that served him??

The way I read it he wasn't in possession, he was in "consumption"..........

Nothing can be done to the establishment for "consumption" without proof that he was served alcohol there..

Minor in "consumption" is a bs law that shouldn't even be on the books, period a 17 year old can take communion at my hometown church walk outside and get minor in "consumption" because their breath smells like wine...........

Yeah, a citation to an eighteen year old legal adult goes on your record, and yes Nebraska (the state) will notify other states' probation office when a citiation - for anything - is issued in its jurisdiction to someone on probation.

But, Josh's problems are going to be with a different court, one that is more of a dictatorship. Pelini's.

No, Williams was only cited and is only considered a violation and not a misdemeanor or felony. Talk to your lawyer to get it taken care of and it will never show on your record.

If he got an MIP (I don't think he did?) he can get that expunged from his record as well.

The fact that the officer recognized Josh and approached him is a conflict of interest. A "routine" check? :bs: I graduated in 06........ I was in various bars 4-5 nights a week, some weeks more. I never once saw a "routine" check or even had my fake ID taken from me...... I've heard that over the past 2 years the cops in Lincoln have been pricks when it comes to drinking, when in the past they would do nothing but send you home, they didn't even make sure you had a solber driver................ I guarantee you I can make a list over 30 players long using the bball teams, football team, volleyball team and defiantly the baseball team of underage drinkers that I personally have seen in the act.................. It's total BS what the heck are you supposed to do in Lincoln????????????

There has been no major incidents causing such a change in the attitude on drinking in the city of Lincoln, it's the city administration......... They want to change Lincoln in to something it's not, it has been and always will be a college town.........

Should Josh have used better judgment being he is on probation......... Yes

Should the officer approached Josh because he recognized him from scout.com.......... No

Should Josh had been cited...... No

Would this have been an isssue 2 years ago.......... No

The city administration has a stick up their ass and they are going to turn an awesome college town, into a small worthless city in the middle of nowhere............ I mean what else does Lincoln have to offer other than the college scene.................................................. 0. Zilch, NADA

The fact that the officer recognized Josh and approached him is a conflict of interest.

I guess I missed the part in the original post where it said the officer recognized Josh and went right in for the kill. It stated a random check. However, just because an officer recognizes anyone, from whatever source, does not provide a conflict of interest when that officer is enforcing a law, regardless of whatever code he is enforcing.

I was in various bars 4-5 nights a week, some weeks more. I never once saw a "routine" check or even had my fake ID taken from me

That's great! And if you had said fake ID taken, it would be the officer's fault, right?

I've heard that over the past 2 years the cops in Lincoln have been pricks when it comes to drinking

It goes like this. Nebraska is in the top 10 states nationwide in cost-per-youth for underage drinking. The state requests the police "crack down" on this to lower that statistic, therefore making the local cops appear as "pricks" in the eyes of our underage alcohol consumers.

It's total BS what the heck are you supposed to do in Lincoln????????????

I guess it's different for a youth from a much larger outside city to come here and stay occupied? However, the law is the same NO MATTER WHAT STATE you live in.

Listen, it was a bum situation for Josh, but I wasn't there. I just thought that it was a little harsh to go ballistic on the officer for doing his job. He gave the kid a summons for goodness sakes.

Also.........

One more thing...........

According to 1620 the zone, his BAC was .006

POINT ZERO ZERO SIX

Or

a swig of MOUTHWASH

Yeah the :cop: isn't a prick?????????

Now this is something I did not know.

A .006? And Josh was smelling of alcohol and slurring his words?

I think we found a winner for police officer of the year in Lincoln. :cop:

The fact that the officer recognized Josh and approached him is a conflict of interest.

I guess I missed the part in the original post where it said the officer recognized Josh and went right in for the kill. It stated a random check. However, just because an officer recognizes anyone, from whatever source, does not provide a conflict of interest when that officer is enforcing a law, regardless of whatever code he is enforcing.

I was in various bars 4-5 nights a week, some weeks more. I never once saw a "routine" check or even had my fake ID taken from me

1. That's great! And if you had said fake ID taken, it would be the officer's fault, right?

I've heard that over the past 2 years the cops in Lincoln have been pricks when it comes to drinking

2. It goes like this. Nebraska is in the top 10 states nationwide in cost-per-youth for underage drinking. The state requests the police "crack down" on this to lower that statistic, therefore making the local cops appear as "pricks" in the eyes of our underage alcohol consumers.

It's total BS what the heck are you supposed to do in Lincoln????????????

3. I guess it's different for a youth from a much larger outside city to come here and stay occupied? However, the law is the same NO MATTER WHAT STATE you live in.

Listen, it was a bum situation for Josh, but I wasn't there. I just thought that it was a little harsh to go ballistic on the officer for doing his job. He gave the kid a summons for goodness sakes.

1. No. It wouldn't have been the officers fault because he would have never asked me for my ID if I didn't do something wrong, other than looking "underage" with a beard........ Because there wasn't this political "crack down"........ That's my rant......... this attitude on college drinking in Lincoln is just plain dumb, it goes no good, it doesn't slow down underage drinking, it actually makes the problem worse... Why??? How??? Because it does not lessen the will of college students to drink... Instead of taking the fake id to the bar, they now have larger more organized parties....... This not only leads to problems in neighborhoods more spread out around town, but it also leads to larger "field" parties out in the middle of nowhere........

2. Those statistics are always flawed. Politics should not control law enforcement, crime should, that is the reason my dad left the force after 17 years is because he had no judgment left, they stripped him of judgment after 17 years. ..........Instead of giving a kid a ride home and talking to his parents, now he would have to take the kid to jail and have his parents come get him.............. You want to lower underage drinking in Nebraska???????? Give kids something else to do......... I grew up in north platte, not exactly a "city" but in top ten largest towns in Nebraska......... Guess what was the most exciting thing to do on a friday night that didn't involve alcohol........ Cosmic Bowling.......... WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So you can imagine what there is do to in say Cozad or O'Neill....... What do you expect, underage drinking is always going to be a "problem" in Nebraska......... Wasting Law Enforcement resources is not the way to go about changing that...........

3. It's difficult for anyone to find anything to do in Lincoln that doesn't involve alcohol, doesn't matter where you are from..........