our bowl game

np_husker

If Notre Dame Loses to USC are we a sure go to the Gator Bowl on Jan 1st?

Also I was told by my Brother in Law that if Kansas was to beat Missouri tomorrow, we would share the big XII North with Missouri but Missouri would go to the Big XII Championship because they beat us.

nothing is certain.

and technically yes, we'd "share" the big 12 north title... but they'd go because they have us head to head.. both 5-3...

Also I was told by my Brother in Law that if Kansas was to beat Missouri tomorrow, we would share the big XII North with Missouri but Missouri would go to the Big XII Championship because they beat us.

nothing is certain.

and technically yes, we'd "share" the big 12 north title... but they'd go because they have us head to head.. both 5-3...

Actually the Conference rules state that if there is a tie, then who ever has the higher BCS ranking "wins" the opportunity to play in the Championship game, has nothing to do with head to head. The Southern division is in a real mess with their situation, and there is going to be probably two teams that are left out in the cold that would have a good argument that they should be in the Championship game.

nothing is certain.

Actually the Conference rules state that if there is a tie, then who ever has the higher BCS ranking "wins" the opportunity to play in the Championship game, has nothing to do with head to head. The Southern division is in a real mess with their situation, and there is going to be probably two teams that are left out in the cold that would have a good argument that they should be in the Championship game.

uh. actually head to head is 1st in the tie-breaking ways. go look it up.

the higher BCS ranking is like 6th or 7th down, only thing below it is a coin flip

nothing is certain.

The BSC rankings are the 5th tie breaker. First is head to head. And really, do we want to play UT or OU, again. I would rather take the runner up this year than suffer another blow out.

nothing is certain.

You made the mistake of listening to Rod Gilmore rant 10 minutes on how bad the Big 12 system was for using the BCS ranking instead of the head-to-head game, without realizing it is a 3 way tie, not a 2 way tie, and the games amongst the 3 split. So we fall down to the BCS ranking because the 3 way head-to-head doesn't resolve anything, and despite what Gilmore thinks, TTech is still in that picture. For having a Stanford education, he sure isn't very smart. The Big 12 tiebreaker system doesn't eliminate a team because of a late season blowout loss. They still have 1 loss just like OU and UT.

There are 3 things that could keep us out of the Gator:

1) The Gator chooses Notre Dame or a Big East team. If ND manages to upset USC, I definitely see this happening. I don't see them taking Pitt or any other Big East team over a Big 12 team, nor a 6-6 ND. This would put us in the Alamo or Sun.

2) Missouri wins the Big 12 championship. This would mean that only one of Texas, OU, or TT would be in a BCS bowl (except for the unlikely situation where 2 of them wind up #1 and #2), and then it would push OSU out of the Holiday, possibly into the Gator. This would probably put us in the Alamo.

3) The Gator chooses Missouri over Nebraska. This could certainly happen if Missouri beats Kansas. They are the better team by record, ranking, and head-to-head, and the Gator may think Missouri will fill the stadium just as well. This would probably put us in the Alamo as well.

There's the smallest of chances that a bowl would take KU over us, if they beat MU. That would put us in the Insight, I guess. I don't see this at all, but there's nothing to prevent it.

I suppose there's yet another possibility, if OU and TT both lose this weekend and UT wins the conference. Then we'd probably only get one BCS bid, and we'd probably get knocked down to the Alamo, Sun, or maybe even Insight.

Would we still get a trophy, if KU beats MU?

A trophy? I don't think MU will even get one if they lose the CCG, i.e, I don't think they give them for division champs.

And I suppose some places might list us as tied for first in the division, but we lose the tiebreaker so really we'd be second. We certainly won't be listed as division champs or co-champs anywhere.

Would we still get a trophy, if KU beats MU?

That "trophy" in '06 was manufactured by Pedersen and Callahan so the players felt like they accomplished something. They don't give out trophies for division championships.

Well, either you're wrong or every other team does it.

http://www.columbiamissourian.com/stories/...2-north-trophy/

http://www.tigerboard.com/userimages/1north-trophy-close.jpg