Alex Henery=All Big XII?????

WVhuskerXX

I don't kno if this has been mentioned or not, but I believe that Henery should be considered for ATLEAST Big XII second team, if not first team. Maybe thats biased, maybe not. But in my opinion he has the numbers, and after last night no one can say he is just a short range kicker...Even if he doesn't get All BigXII this year, i feel that going into next year he should get some major consideration...maybe All-American next year or senior year....the kid can kick...... :horns2

Jeff Wolfert has 1st team on lock.

Henery will fight with Dan Bailey for 2nd team, but he should be able to beat him out since all but 1 of Bailey's FGs are under 40 yards. Before tonight when he hit a 44 yarder against Oklahoma his long on the year was 39 yards. By contrast, Henery already has six FGs of 40+ yards.

Didn't wolfert miss a game winner against ku? I thought to myself that would put henerey over the top..

Did you really expect Wolfert to make that? In snow, field is garbage and falling apart, wind blowing and it being almost a 50 yard? Give Lou Groza or Adam Vinatieri those same conditions and they will be hard pressed at making that one too.

But Wolfert is the 2nd leading scorer in the Big 12 while Henery is 9th. Wolfert is 17-22 (77.3%) on the year while Henery is 14-17 (82.4%). But keep in mind that 4 of Wolfert's misses are from 50+ while Henery has 2 misses of 50+ yards.

While percentages are not close, scoring is in Wolfert's favor and the other thing is seniority. I know someone will say it should not matter, but it does.

Didn't wolfert miss a game winner against ku? I thought to myself that would put henerey over the top..

Did you really expect Wolfert to make that? In snow, field is garbage and falling apart, wind blowing and it being almost a 50 yard? Give Lou Groza or Adam Vinatieri those same conditions and they will be hard pressed at making that one too.

But Wolfert is the 2nd leading scorer in the Big 12 while Henery is 9th. Wolfert is 17-22 (77.3%) on the year while Henery is 14-17 (82.4%). But keep in mind that 4 of Wolfert's misses are from 50+ while Henery has 2 misses of 50+ yards.

While percentages are not close, scoring is in Wolfert's favor and the other thing is seniority. I know someone will say it should not matter, but it does.

Well, if nobody had faith that he would make it, what business did he gave on the field?

Also, did anyone really think Henerey would Make a 57 yarder with the game on the line?

Alex Henerey for first team all big 12, I'm the maudfather, and I approve this message. :thumbs:

Well, if nobody had faith that he would make it, what business did he gave on the field?

Also, did anyone really think Henerey would Make a 57 yarder with the game on the line?

Alex Henerey for first team all big 12, I'm the maudfather, and I approve this message. :thumbs:

I agree with Maudfather. If Missouri didnt expect Wolfert to make the FG why would they send him out there?

Anyways, no doubt Alex Henery should be first team All Big XII after making a game winning 57 yard field goal.