Who do you want the Huskers to play?

132 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Willie, are you sure that T.O beat FSU? I think they came to Lincoln and beat us at home. Hell, I'm getting older and may be losing my memory but I don't think we won.

Yep, in '86. I think TO was 1-4 against Bowden with that being the lone victory. I know him defeated him in '86 for sure, but that record may not be completely correct. May need to check.

Man, I'am getting old! Thanks for the info. I need to get back to studying my Husker facts!

For those of you that suggest we don't want to play GT, it appears that the reason is you don't think we can beat them or we can't handle them. If so, allow me to suggest that should be THE reason you want to play them. My take on Bo is not that he or his team would cower from a tough challenge. My take on Bo is that he would relish the challenge, and hopefully, he' instilling that in the hearts and minds of these young men, rebuilding what I always thought was the heart of Hukser football. Playing only teams you think you can beat is not what makes a champion.

[/quote

Personally, I'd rather the seniors go out on an even higher note than worrying about our team being a 'champion' right now.

Actually, we could give any of those teams a run for their money, but I'd rather be 9-4 with a win over, say, BC, than 8-5 with another loss to FSU or GT. GT's pretty hot right now.

Still too many scars from losses to FSU in Florida, I guess, for me. I think their D could shut us down pretty good.

BC might be the toughest out of that group. They are going to the ACC title game and have one of the nastiest D's in the country. Their interior D-lineman are really, really good.

Hey cavedude! ^5 brotha! Yeah, BC's D is good, but they aren't that fast, not like FSU. I think we could spread 'em out pretty good. Plus, their O is prolly more manageable.

If you guys think that GT's option attack is scary, how do you not think that FSU's receiving corps is scary?

Parker, Carr, Surrency and Reed would all be our #1 or #2 receiver if they played at Nebraska. Parker and Carr are especially talented. Can you imagine our beleaguered secondary trying to cover these guys? Add that to the fact that they throw Robinson in there sometimes at QB for some mobility.

I am all for playing FSU, but personally think we match up better defensively against GT.

Crappy QB.

For those of you that suggest we don't want to play GT, it appears that the reason is you don't think we can beat them or we can't handle them. If so, allow me to suggest that should be THE reason you want to play them. My take on Bo is not that he or his team would cower from a tough challenge. My take on Bo is that he would relish the challenge, and hopefully, he' instilling that in the hearts and minds of these young men, rebuilding what I always thought was the heart of Hukser football. Playing only teams you think you can beat is not what makes a champion.

[/quote

Personally, I'd rather the seniors go out on an even higher note than worrying about our team being a 'champion' right now.

Actually, we could give any of those teams a run for their money, but I'd rather be 9-4 with a win over, say, BC, than 8-5 with another loss to FSU or GT. GT's pretty hot right now.

Still too many scars from losses to FSU in Florida, I guess, for me. I think their D could shut us down pretty good.

BC might be the toughest out of that group. They are going to the ACC title game and have one of the nastiest D's in the country. Their interior D-lineman are really, really good.

Hey cavedude! ^5 brotha! Yeah, BC's D is good, but they aren't that fast, not like FSU. I think we could spread 'em out pretty good. Plus, their O is prolly more manageable.

There is something to be said for that for sure. NU runs the zone read alot, makes those DT's spread out and creates angles. FSU's speed could negate some of that, though as GT showed vs. UGA the option, which the zone read is a form of, also can work to negate that. The difference I guess is which set of DB's would you rather face? I am not very impressed with either offense a lot, though FSU seems to be able to run it better. The Ponder kid from FSU is inconsistent. I think both teams would be a tough one to handle, but I think NU has a good shot to beat either.

[/quote

There is something to be said for that for sure. NU runs the zone read alot, makes those DT's spread out and creates angles. FSU's speed could negate some of that, though as GT showed vs. UGA the option, which the zone read is a form of, also can work to negate that. The difference I guess is which set of DB's would you rather face? I am not very impressed with either offense a lot, though FSU seems to be able to run it better. The Ponder kid from FSU is inconsistent. I think both teams would be a tough one to handle, but I think NU has a good shot to beat either.

Well, I just think FSU has the tougher D based on their speed and athleticism.

I'm going with Boston College. Both teams match up well with each other and I think it would be a close and exciting game.

Plus it would be nice to play a team that had to go through the same kind of travel and arrangement crap that the Huskers do...everybody else on the list almost has a home-field advantage being as close as they are. Sure...it might help fill the seats but is it real fair? How would FSU or G-Tech feel about playing Nebraska at Boise State this time of year? BC would be adjusting to the same playing conditions as Nebraska is going to be forced to.

I'm going with Boston College. Both teams match up well with each other and I think it would be a close and exciting game.

Plus it would be nice to play a team that had to go through the same kind of travel and arrangement crap that the Huskers do...everybody else on the list almost has a home-field advantage being as close as they are. Sure...it might help fill the seats but is it real fair? How would FSU or G-Tech feel about playing Nebraska at Boise State this time of year? BC would be adjusting to the same playing conditions as Nebraska is going to be forced to.

Thank you...I completely agree.

I like that just because GT runs the option, they're an unstoppable, mid-90s NU juggernaut. You guys are freaks. They put 10 points on Gardner Webb for god's sake. They're good, but the option is not in and of itself unstoppable.

you gotta be kidding...

I don't believe anyone said they were unstoppable until your post.

no one is unstoppable. not even PJ's spread option.

But he has taken 9-3 GT a lot farther than some folks thought he would in his first year. They are currently ranked #15 in the AP poll.

They are performing at a pretty high level NOW.... when it counts. Hard to stop now? obviously.

They knocked miami out of the rankings and beat then #15 fla st.

THEY BEAT #13 GEORGIA -- AT GEORGIA!

That's why he is in the hunt for national coach of the year awards.

PJ is even leading this goofy internet popularity contest--

http://www.coachoftheyear.com/

I like that just because GT runs the option, they're an unstoppable, mid-90s NU juggernaut. You guys are freaks. They put 10 points on Gardner Webb for god's sake. They're good, but the option is not in and of itself unstoppable.

you gotta be kidding...

I don't believe anyone said they were unstoppable until your post.

no one is unstoppable. not even PJ's spread option.

But he has taken 9-3 GT a lot farther than some folks thought he would in his first year. They are currently ranked #15 in the AP poll.

They are performing at a pretty high level NOW.... when it counts. Hard to stop now? obviously.

They knocked miami out of the rankings and beat then #15 fla st.

THEY BEAT #13 GEORGIA -- AT GEORGIA!

That's why he is in the hunt for national coach of the year awards.

PJ is even leading this goofy internet popularity contest--

http://www.coachoftheyear.com/

Then why are so many posters going out of their way to say we don't want to play them? Screw that, bring it on. If Georgia Tech ran, say, the WCO, all things being equal, I highly doubt anybody would be pissing their pants in fear like they are now. Bawww. I'm not saying they're bad, I just don't get why anybody's AFRAID to play them? It's retarded. I'm not saying we'll blow them out or even beat them, I'm just sick of getting the sense that people think the option is the greatest scheme invented. And they still only scored 10 points on Gardner Webb. Explain it.

Oh god, Georgia. I heard about Georgia every week from my brother-in-law who went to a school in the state of Georgia so he thinks that's enough for him to be a fan of theirs, and declare that they would win the next 2 national championships. At that point I knew they would lose at least 3 this year, he's good at picking losers (I could go into his list of other favorite teams, but they're all so lousy I doubt anybody's even heard of the Oakland Raiders.)