The bright side

Even though the South still owns the Big 12, there is a bright side. Nebraska is the only team from the North that actually improved or beat expectations this year. Mizzou already has 1 more loss than a year ago and will have at least 1 more loss. They were supposed to contend for a NC this year, and they very likely may end the season unranked. KU, well they fell flat on their face this year but their schedule had a lot to do with this. CU stays home for the holidays. KSU and ISU ended on par to worse than a year ago.

From all this, I have determined that Nebraska will have to be the team from the North to rise up above the ashes and try to restore the Big 12 where the championship game really means something. The last time a North team won the Big 12 was KSU in 2003. In order for the North to be competitive again in the conference championship game, I believe Nebraska will be the one that will have to do it. It might take us a year or two to get there depending on how many of the South's big names leave after this year for the pros.

I have said it before and I hate to repeat myself, but I do see this program on its way back to the top. I just love the desire, intensity, pasion, what ever other word you would like to use to describe this coaching staff. I think these guys together are very strong because of their style. I love the way the players have reacted to the way the coaches have...well coached them. They show the same passion and intensity the coaches do, and that is very exciting for me as a fan. As far N being the ones from the North to be able to compete with the south well I hope we will be contenders very soon, but lets hope that we are not the only ones. Competition is why the south teams are so good and we will also need that in the North to be able to continue to make our way back to excellence. GBR

Gonna have to play some damn defense.

That goes for the whole conference. The first team to figure out this no-huddle-spread crap wins the conference 5 years in a row.

Could be sooner than you think. Especially if Bradford and McCoy go to the draft. I doubt they both will, but you never know.

The bad thing is, the teams and the south reload quickly, I am sure that UT and OU already have strong candidates to replace McCoy and Bradford, OSU is also getting to be a dangerous team. Teams in the North need to get to that level where they reload as quickly and not take 2-3 years developing talent. That is where a lot of the gap is.

Bah...ISU ended in the cellar...the same place they were in 2005, 2006 and 2007....they have met all expectations of the most consistently bad team in the Big 12 North.

There should be a special bowl game set aside for teams like ISU...like the Special Olympics Bowl or something... <_<

Cheer up CY, at least you get another exciting year of Cyclone B-Ball! nevermind............. <_<

I'm sure OU has a strong candidate to replace Bradford, but replacing him will be about like when they replaced Bomar or whatever his name was. The next year, OU had a very unlike Bob Stoops season losing at home to TCU. You don't replace QB's easily especially when they're of a McCoy and Bradford caliber. There will definitely be a dropoff by both teams if both go pro.

Gonna have to play some damn defense.

That goes for the whole conference. The first team to figure out this no-huddle-spread crap wins the conference 5 years in a row.

People thought OU's wishbone was unstoppable, and now it is obsolete for the most part. The spread will be figured out, by fast defensive backs and linebackers and fewer guys recruited to stop the run. We're going to have to teach corners and safeties to hit and stop the run like 250 lb. linebackers.

I'm sure OU has a strong candidate to replace Bradford, but replacing him will be about like when they replaced Bomar or whatever his name was. The next year, OU had a very unlike Bob Stoops season losing at home to TCU. You don't replace QB's easily especially when they're of a McCoy and Bradford caliber. There will definitely be a dropoff by both teams if both go pro.

I know what you are saying, but it seems as though they always have an answer. OU lost Bomar and they have Bradford step up. Texas has Vince Young, he leaves and now they have McCoy. I just don't see this ever changing. IMO

Bradford didn't even play the next year when Bomar was kicked off the team. If memory serves me right, they took a QB who was converted to a WR and then converted him back to QB. A lot of Texas fans were ready to lynch McCoy last year when he fell victim to a sophomore slump. We're going to see something similar here next year with Ganz gone. OU and Texas will be good next year without McCoy and Bradford no doubt. However, I highly doubt either is up for NC with new QB's starting. Florida couldn't even do it with Tebow last year even though he played a lot as a freshman. Very seldom do you see a team repeat as NC with a new QB.

Bah...ISU ended in the cellar...the same place they were in 2005, 2006 and 2007....they have met all expectations of the most consistently bad team in the Big 12 North.

There should be a special bowl game set aside for teams like ISU...like the Special Olympics Bowl or something... <_<

And we as Husker fans should be very proud that we are better than them....YES! :sarcasm