Nebraska/Wyoming Series

dbetz23

I really like the direction our non-conference games are going. Fresno State, Tennessee, Wyoming, and Miami? Now thats some damn good football. Hell, if the whole Callahan to Tennessee thing is true, that's going to be a big game Husker fans pay attention to in hopes of beating him and the Vols. Hopefully T.O. and any future athletic director can continue to give us playing time against tough opponents like these, so when we win them all it looks even better =D.

GBR

I really like the direction our non-conference games are going. Fresno State, Tennessee, Wyoming, and Miami? Now thats some damn good football. Hell, if the whole Callahan to Tennessee thing is true, that's going to be a big game Husker fans pay attention to in hopes of beating him and the Vols. Hopefully T.O. and any future athletic director can continue to give us playing time against tough opponents like these, so when we win them all it looks even better =D.

GBR

Oh my goodness . . . is that for real?

GBR

Oh my goodness . . . is that for real?

He is on the list for possible Offensive Coordinator. And even if it does happen no way is he still the O-Coordinator 8 years from now or whatever it is when we play them.

another great scheduling coup!!

another sure W for three years.

now if NU can get nms signed for a five year deal...

then maybe Army.

yea... wyoming, fresno, tennessee.. thats an easy OOC schedule for a season, huh?

how about wyoming, southern miss, UCLA? yea. easy for a season.

jesus. give me a break.

Not to mention, how do you know where wyoming is going to be by the time these games come around?

then maybe Army.

yea... wyoming, fresno, tennessee.. thats an easy OOC schedule for a season, huh?

jesus. give me a break.

Not to mention, how do you know where wyoming is going to be by the time these games come around?

Yeah. Just because Fresno is down this year doesn't erase ten years of them playing solid football. Them and Southern Miss both could be capable of putting a scare into us. And Wyoming DID beat Tennessee (albeit a very far-down TN) in their own house this year.

But I like that. We need out noncon games to keep the players on their toes for conference play. What good is snoozing through the noncon games going to do if you get three top twenty teams in a row when conference play begins?

then maybe Army.

jesus. give me a break.

Don't misquote me, I only singled out wyoming.

how do you know where wyoming is going to be by the time these games come around?

by applying the usual NU criteria.

history, tradition, etc.

They are still isu, they are still kansas, they are still ksu (I can do this all day). It's applied to every other team discussed on the boards, but not wyoming? defensive much?? ;)

they are a lower tier school.

want to be a football elite or not? rankings and respect don't come from beating unranked cupcakes, they come from BEATING ranked teams.

JMO--- NU shouldn't schedule the wyomings, nms etc of college football. Leave the creampuffs to isu and ksu. You can't predict the future, so play traditionally competitive schools.

opinions vary.

JMO--- NU shouldn't schedule the wyomings, nms etc of college football. Leave the creampuffs to isu and ksu. You can't predict the future, so play traditionally competitive schools.

opinions vary.

I think that the teams we're scheduling now, the Wyomings, Southern Miss, Fresnos, etc., are much less creampuffesque than the Florida Atlantic, Arkansas State, and Lousiana-Lafayette that we get to play next season.

opinions vary.

I think that the teams we're scheduling now, the Wyomings, Southern Miss, Fresnos, etc., are much less creampuffesque than the Florida Atlantic, Arkansas State, and Lousiana-Lafayette that we get to play next season.

very true, Southern Miss, Fresno are definitely better than Florida Atlantic, Arkansas State, and Lousiana-Lafayette.

wyoming is marginally better....

beating those cupcakes will give players some confidence, but don't really say much about where the team is and won't advance NU in respect or rankings.

Just like 2008, no one knows how good the team is until they get tested.

No insult to NU... everyone these days is scheduling cupcakes.

IMO-- NU should be above that. football powers, elite teams should ALL be above that.

but opinons vary.

by applying the usual NU criteria.

history, tradition, etc.

They are still isu, they are still kansas, they are still ksu (I can do this all day). It's applied to every other team discussed on the boards, but not wyoming? defensive much?? ;)

they are a lower tier school.

want to be a football elite or not? rankings and respect don't come from beating unranked cupcakes, they come from BEATING ranked teams.

opinions vary.

I don't exactly know what that means, who knows what either team will be like in a few years

opinions vary.

These are good schools that could make for some good games (Fresno St.), but I would prefer games against teams like BYU, Utah, TCU, that have been playing at a high level for a couple of years now. JMO