Who did you play with/against back in the day?

I figured since we got a bunch of down time until we play in our bowl game.....This is the time for you "Al Bundy's" out there to reminisce about your old high school football days. I am curious to see those of you who played HS Football in Nebraska or the surrounding states for that matter.....what former Husker players did you have the honor of playing with or against back in the day? I remember seeing Coach Osborne come to our school and speak to Clester when he was Jr. He came into our locker room and for a 17 year old kid, you would of thought God walked through the halls our our HS.

I will go first:

1983 I played against John Parella when he went to Mission Jr High. (The guy was beast back then too!)

1989 I played along side Clester aka Tank Johnson (He was our QB)

1989 I had the honor of getting ran over by Cory Schlesinger on more than one occasion

1990 I intercepted a pass from Tony Veland when he played QB at Benson.

I am interested in hearing your stories......................

Jim Skow. When I was a freshman and he was a senior in '80. We had a sadistic coach who, in practice, ran what was called a 'board drill'. A single sheet of plywood was laid down, you line up two guys on the board, the whistle blows and whoever stays on the board won. There were no rules. He never killed me, he could've quite easily, but he never did. Nice guy.

Okay, I'm a bit younger than you guys, having graduated in 2008, but I played with current OSU wide receiver, Bo Bowling...he's #7. I got to play 2 games against him, my frosh year and soph year...during my soph year, I picked him off and blocked one of his punts...of course he pick 6'd me and returned a kick for a td, a punt and scored in just about every way imaginable...maybe even scored on our coach's wife... <_<

I was a little kid and lived next door to Ron and Tom Poggemeyer in Nebraska City. They used to come home and play catch with me. I still have one of their jerseys some where.

Got ran over by Ed Podalak from Atlantic as a sophmore, broke my collar bone, scapula and cracked two vertebra, ended my playing days.

As a freshman in college I laid out Mark Boericter from Hastings College and later of KC Chiefs fame. It was a blatent cheap shot away from the play but I felt huge in that one moment. His backside cut block a little later probably made us even.

And as a freshman in high school John Howell of Mullen knocked me silly on a kick return. He went on to start at Colorado State and then backed up John Lynch with the Bucs.

I actually have a pretty cool list for football and basketball.

Both - Justin Bland - Mcdonalds all-american BB nominee, played OT at MU and drafted by the Raiders

Basketball - Kareem Rush - HS All American, played at MU, plays for 76ers

Basketball - Jaron Rush - HS All American (considered the #1 HS player in the US), UCLA and then the pros

Martin Rucker - All American TE at MU, plays for the Browns

Plus a number of others who played D-II football (incuding a couple of all americans) and mid-major D-1 basketball.

I know I am probably leaving others off. I missed playing Traci Winstrom by one year and got to watch Mike Rucker play HS ball.