K, now I'm Frickin' Pissed!

zE bOp

IMO, the Florida State NU bowl game from the 93' season should be on there for a couple of reasons. 1) The winner of the bowl was to win the NC. Two college football icons were playing to win their first NC with TO and Bobby. 2) The game was extremely close and was lost by us due to a wide left I believe FG towards the end of the game.

IMO, the Florida State NU bowl game from the 93' season should be on there for a couple of reasons. 1) The winner of the bowl was to win the NC. Two college football icons were playing to win their first NC with TO and Bobby. 2) The game was extremely close and was lost by us due to a wide left I believe FG towards the end of the game.

Don't forget the phantom block in the back on the Cory Dixon punt return for a touchdown! :angry:

UH. Calm down everybody and read the fine print.

"This holiday season, ESPN Classic wants to give SportsNation a very special gift by broadcasting some of the best bowl games dating back to 1979. It's all part of the 12 Bowls of Christmas. The best part about the project? You get to choose the games you want us to broadcast! "

Obviously they can only LIST THE GAMES THEY HAVE BROADCAST RIGHTS TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

You make a good point, but I would think some of those games listed would be under the rights of other broadcasting co.s too--i.e, NBC, CBS, Fox.

For e.g, who covered TX's win for the NC over USC('06)? Or OSU over MIA('03)?

Don't forget the phantom block in the back on the Cory Dixon punt return for a touchdown! :angry:

Plus Floyd's "TD" from the 1 was not a TD, he was not over the goal line. That is one game where I can honestly say we got robbed. But gosh, it was played in FL, go fig. <_<

Plus Floyd's "TD" from the 1 was not a TD, he was not over the goal line. That is one game where I can honestly say we got robbed. But gosh, it was played in FL, go fig. <_<

When I got back to school in St. Louis that year, first thing all of my friends from the east coast said to me was "you got robbed."

I absolutely believe those refs jobbed us, as did the ones @ PSU, whatever that yr was, '85, '86?

link

K, link fixed.

So, ESPN is apparently gonna show the "best" bowl games going back to '79 and guess what? They are offering a poll. The one and ONLY selection that has NE in it is our loss to freaking OL' MISS in 2002 Independence Bowl!!!

OMG, OMFG! :wtf & :bs: !

Alright, so it looks like they are going for close games, but doesn't our matchup w Miami('84, 30-31?) qualify as one of the best bowl games ever?

What others am I missing? Regardless, ESPN, U SUCK, I'll never forgive you for this one!! :steam

ESPN is not affiliated with CBS or NBC games which is who has rights to that game...I think

link

K, link fixed.

So, ESPN is apparently gonna show the "best" bowl games going back to '79 and guess what? They are offering a poll. The one and ONLY selection that has NE in it is our loss to freaking OL' MISS in 2002 Independence Bowl!!!

OMG, OMFG! :wtf & :bs: !

Alright, so it looks like they are going for close games, but doesn't our matchup w Miami('84, 30-31?) qualify as one of the best bowl games ever?

What others am I missing? Regardless, ESPN, U SUCK, I'll never forgive you for this one!! :steam

ESPN is not affiliated with CBS or NBC games which is who has rights to that game...I think

you would be correct sir.

Hmmm.... it wouldn't be the best bowl games since 1979 then would it? Sounds like a great concept but it's kind of pointless if NU-Ole Miss is even in consideration. That game was a turd. It wouldn't be in my top 10 NU Bowl Games even if we won! Why do this if you can't actually include the BEST GAMES?

Hmmm.... it wouldn't be the best bowl games since 1979 then would it? Sounds like a great concept but it's kind of pointless if NU-Ole Miss is even in consideration. That game was a turd. It wouldn't be in my top 10 NU Bowl Games even if we won! Why do this if you can't actually include the BEST GAMES?

That was my feeling, but they have some great, high profile games for some of the other teams so :wtf . I'm sure it's part of the governmentally sponsored conspiracy to promote bad propaganda regarding BIG RED!!! :sarcasm

Looks like all of the games they have there were nail biters though.

my theory.

ESPN saw what happened with the 'greatest teams of all time' thing, and didnt want the legion of Husker fans making a Husker win a lock. Though at the very least they could have put "Osborne goes for two" in, as they continually list that as one of the gutsiest calls in all sports hsitory

my theory.

ESPN saw what happened with the 'greatest teams of all time' thing, and didnt want the legion of Husker fans making a Husker win a lock. Though at the very least they could have put "Osborne goes for two" in, as they continually list that as one of the gutsiest calls in all sports hsitory

yea, i was thinking that...ya gotta have THAT game, except this one would be nice too(not a bowl game I guess):