What if Mizzou wins?

JTrain

The Gator Bowl already gave NU their allotment of tickets! Get over the paranoia of thinking it could change. The Gator bowl is not going to give the tickets to NU, tell them they can start selling them and then pick a different team. This is stupid speculation.

Chill out, Dan. Even the NU site says "likely". And just because you can purchase tickets from Huskers.com, does not necessarily mean they've been "given their allotment". They could just be selling them from the same batch as GatorBowl.com is. I agree it is 95% sure, but I also think no one has fully considered the ramifications of a Mizzou victory.

Chill out, Dan. Even the NU site says "likely". And just because you can purchase tickets from Huskers.com, does not necessarily mean they've been "given their allotment". They could just be selling them from the same batch as GatorBowl.com is. I agree it is 95% sure, but I also think no one has fully considered the ramifications of a Mizzou victory.

Nope. It's 100% sure. Missouri could win by 1,000 points and Nebraska would still be going to the Gator Bowl.

Gator Bowl Association President Rick Catlett, when asked to compare Nebraska and a potential 9-3 Oklahoma State, Catlett said “I don’t think we’d have a chance to pick Oklahoma State.”

But what if they do have a chance (which they will if Missouri wins)?

That's not the most comforting thing to hear if you've already bought a plane ticket. Earlier in the week he said something about buying a plane ticket being a very good bet to take, or something like that. I hope for our fans sake he's not having second thoughts, reconsidering the OSU scenario.

As far as NU selling Gator Bowl tickets, I assume they would just return your payment, just like MLB teams do for playoff tickets if they don't make it or don't advance. But I don't think I've ever heard of a school selling specific bowl tickets and not getting in, so it does sound certain except for the formalities of the announcement on Sunday.

I said on Monday that there is still a chance things don't play out this way and I stick by that. If Mizzou wins (small percentage) there is a chance we will not be going to the Gator bowl (small percentage). No one is saying anything is definite. When the Gator Bowl pres was on 1620 didn't he say something like a 95% chance? In college football .001% is still enough to consider in anything. Remember us going to the BCS NC in 2001? That was a small chance and it happened.

Gator Bowl Association President Rick Catlett, when asked to compare Nebraska and a potential 9-3 Oklahoma State, Catlett said “I don’t think we’d have a chance to pick Oklahoma State.”

But what if they do have a chance (which they will if Missouri wins)?

That's not the most comforting thing to hear if you've already bought a plane ticket. Earlier in the week he said something about buying a plane ticket being a very good bet to take, or something like that. I hope for our fans sake he's not having second thoughts, reconsidering the OSU scenario.

As far as NU selling Gator Bowl tickets, I assume they would just return your payment, just like MLB teams do for playoff tickets if they don't make it or don't advance. But I don't think I've ever heard of a school selling specific bowl tickets and not getting in, so it does sound certain except for the formalities of the announcement on Sunday.

As far as returning the payments they dont necessarily charge your card they just place the payment to be made at a later date (monday presumably). I have this arrangement with a place that is holding tickets until after the announcement.

NU fans can buy Gator Bowl tickets

LINCOLN (AP) - Nebraska hasn't been formally announced as Clemson's opponent in the Gator Bowl, but Husker fans are welcome to begin buying tickets to the New Year's Day game in Jacksonville, Fla.

Big 12 Commissioner Dan Beebe said conference policy prevents an official announcement until Sunday.

"It is all but certain that Nebraska will be playing in the Konica Minolta Gator Bowl," Beebe said. "We are aware that fans from all of our schools, including Nebraska, want to begin making plans to attend these contests."

Nebraska's athletic ticket office has been allotted 12,750 tickets, at $50 apiece.

Tickets may be purchased at Huskers.com or by calling the ticket office at 1-800-8-BIG RED.

There is no way in hell Missouri beats Oklahoma, they do not have the defense to stop Oklahoma's offense.

Yup. My question is: when Mizzou gets whooped again by the Sooners this Sat. won't that be some kind of record on one team getting whooped by the same team within the shortest time frame? :dunno

There is no way in hell Missouri beats Oklahoma, they do not have the defense to stop Oklahoma's offense.

Thats people said when KSU played OU in the CCG, there was no way in hell KSU could beat OU and then it happened. Do I think Mizzou will win? Nope. Can they? Yep. Thats why they play the game. As far as the posters original question, if Mizzou wins:

BCS: Mizzou, Tex

Cotton: OU

Holiday: TTech

Gator: NU

Alamo: OSU

Looks like we kinda overachieved regarding our bowl placement! :horns2

They aren't waiting till Sunday. Husker fans can buy tickets to the gator bowl right now on Huskers.com

From Huskers.com:

Gator Bowl Tickets Available for Husker Fans

The University of Nebraska has announced that fans may begin buying tickets for the Konica Minolta Gator Bowl, the Huskers' likely postseason destination.

I wonder though what happens if you do buy tickets already and NU does not end up playing in the Gator Bowl? And why do they let you purchase tickets when it is just likely that NU will play there?

Crap, we HAVE to go the the Gator Bowl now, we've spent all this time blogging about it and meeting Clemson fans.

...would sooO harsh my buzz... :wasted:rickjames

Question guys.

I thought after Nebraska played Miami in the NC game, the BCS changed the rules to you had to be your conference champion to play in the NC game. If that is correct, then Texas could not play for it. That would really suck, but I swear that was one of the tweaks that was made.

Anyone know for sure? Or where to research it to find out?

Thanks, I would hate to see Texas get screwed again on this deal, but I think that is what would happen.

don't know if they have to win or not anymore, they need to make all conferences play in championship games or none of them. what a mess <_<

That has been my resolution for a playoff since the beginning. Everyone plays in a conference championship and then playoff the conference champions. You dont win you dont play.