Possibly Moving to Omaha

There's a decent chance I'll be moving to Omaha to work in January. I am stoked.

Any advice on where to look for a house (preferably under 200K)? I've done some research and the Millard schools appear to be far superior to the Omaha SD schools.

What say you Omaha residents?

Well, Dundee is a pretty nice area and Central is considered a good academic school. My sis and husband live there and their kids went to Central and liked it. Nice, older style houses in Dundee. Near Creighton and UNO.

Well I'm in LaVista (Papillion-LaVista school District) in subdivision called ValVista and love the area. I'm one block away from the elementry school and have one of the lowest property taxes around. There are so many kids in the neighborhood your scared everytime you back your car out of your garage! You might have to go east one or two blocks to get the price range your looking for though.

Well I'm in LaVista (Papillion-LaVista school District) in subdivision called ValVista and love the area. I'm one block away from the elementry school and have one of the lowest property taxes around. There are so many kids in the neighborhood your scared everytime you back your car out of your garage! You might have to go east one or two blocks to get the price range your looking for though.

Papillion- La Vista (07 grad) is superior to every school district except district 66. aim for the 87th and Pacific area. some of the best schools in the NATION, but Papillion is one of the top ten cities in the country to live in according to one of those business magazines so it's a coinflip. I live in la vista myself. Shadow ridge.

I have friends with younger kids that live in LaVista over by Harrison elementary school and they love it. I think it looks kinda like the neighborhood where the Brady Bunch lived but that's cool.

Carter Lake would be a good choice too...if you know how to make meth. Lots of vacant houses there because the amateur meth makers keep blowing themselves up...and most of the houses are not only under 200K...but under 2K.

Nah...LaVista...or maybe Bellevue, depending on where your work is located.

Except in that neighborhood you have to deal with crazy neighbors who love Christmas just a little too much! It looks like stadium lights there are so many lawn ornaments lit up!!

Except in that neighborhood you have to deal with crazy neighbors who love Christmas just a little too much! It looks like stadium lights there are so many lawn ornaments lit up!!

I think you have those everywhere. I live out by 156th and Maple. We have a guy in our neighborhood who does the same thing but its all done to music and broadcast over a radio station. I swear he has alteast 50-60 displays/characters in his yard.

Ralston would be worth checking into as well. The only problem with Dundee is that it's close to the "trouble" area of Omaha. Lavista/papio would be your best bet. I live on Fontenelle Blvd (where N.W. Radial & Saddle Creek & Fontenelle becomes a cluster f**k) and traffic there can be a mess. West Omaha is good, even the 84th & I80 area is good, grew up in the area with my grandma.