Tunnel Walk

Sorry for all the questions, but I'm trying to learn a little bout yall's tradition and such.

I know (from YouTube) that the Tunnel Walk is a great tradition at Nebraska now, but how did the Huskers enter the field before it was technologically able to show the team on the big screen?

Giant flash cards. The motion was a bit jerky, but what the hey...

Sorry for all the questions, but I'm trying to learn a little bout yall's tradition and such.

I know (from YouTube) that the Tunnel Walk is a great tradition at Nebraska now, but how did the Huskers enter the field before it was technologically able to show the team on the big screen?

LOL should have seen that one coming...

I honestly am trying to remember, I went to games in the 80's but I was younger. I am pretty sure I remember when they put the first video boards in the NW and SE corners. I think those are gone now or moved, haven't been to a game in 3-4 years.

I honestly am trying to remember, I went to games in the 80's but I was younger. I am pretty sure I remember when they put the first video boards in the NW and SE corners. I think those are gone now or moved, haven't been to a game in 3-4 years.

the southeast board is still there

the southeast board is still there

Shoot, that one I remember the most because the season tix my family has is in the very upper portion of the SE stadium. That board blocks the endzone line for about 5-10 yards in from the sidelines.

Nebraska also likes to get fly-overs for it's big games (apparently they pump up the crowd and get us jacked up).

We have this uncanny ability, however, to always mess up the timing of the plane(s).

"Oooooh say can you *WHOOOOOOOOOOOSH*" was popular in 2008 OR...

"...and the home of the brave! *45 seconds go by* **WHOOOOOOOOSH**"

Yeah..we rock.

Getting back to the actual/original question. BEFORE the tunnel walk (which includes previous replay boards and speaker systems) what was it? I'm guessing they ran in to "There is No Place Like Nebraska" or to just a booming echo of "GO BIG RED".

This is a little bit embarassing and puzzling. Tunnel Walk started while I was in school there...but for the life of me I can't remember anything but the tunnel walk. Anyone else remember???

Nebraska also likes to get fly-overs for it's big games (apparently they pump up the crowd and get us jacked up).

We have this uncanny ability, however, to always mess up the timing of the plane(s).

Yeah..we rock.

I love flyovers, we had one a few years ago at a night game, and the planes were so low that it seemed as though they just cleared the lights. AWESOME!!! They turned those boosters on and you could see the flames come out of the plane.

Getting back to the actual/original question. BEFORE the tunnel walk (which includes previous replay boards and speaker systems) what was it? I'm guessing they ran in to "There is No Place Like Nebraska" or to just a booming echo of "GO BIG RED".

This is a little bit embarassing and puzzling. Tunnel Walk started while I was in school there...but for the life of me I can't remember anything but the tunnel walk. Anyone else remember???

I can't either, that is a bit embarassing. *WOOOOOOOOOOOSH*

(gave myself a flyover)

The band used to play (the fight song?? whatever the music is they play after we score that ends in the fans chanting gbr) as the Huskers took the field before the Tunnel Walk was added. The crowd got pretty pumped up then as well. I was in school when they introduced the Tunnel Walk, and man was the place absolutely electric!!!! The last few years the TW hasn't been as exciting. I think the new versions are simply too long with too much video graphics, where as the original was quick and to the point. Or maybe I'm just getting old.

Yeah..we rock.

we had a fly over every game this year so they are bound to get the timing off once and awhile