Auburn, Pittsburgh and Nebraska have work to do

Excerpt:

Stock Down

Nebraska (20 verbal commitments/zero ESPNU 150 prospects)

Although there are many quality prospects in this class, including ATH Cody Green (Dayton, Texas), there is not one prospect in Nebraska's class who grades out higher than a 79. The recruiting landscape, in our opinion, has changed dramatically for Nebraska. The recruiting pecking order in the Big 12 used to be Texas, Oklahoma and Nebraska -- in no particular order. Now, Missouri, Kansas, Oklahoma State, Texas Tech and even Texas A&M are serious competitors for top prospects. The state of Nebraska alone does not produce enough top-end talent to fuel the program. The lack of in-state talent forces Nebraska to join crowded recruiting circles in other states. Congrats to Nebraska for quietly finishing 8-4, but there is a lot of work to be done to compete for the Big 12 crown.

ESPN can kiss my ass. Stock Down? I would think our stock is up considerably from last year.

No worries there bro. It's just an opinion. And according to the "statistics" he is looking at ... he is factually correct. Those that put a higher "weight" in those areas will make those judgments ... as they should and most would.

Everyone knows "stars" mean something and lots of great talent comes out of 2-3 star athletes ... so we have done a solid recruiting class for the year ... with a coaching staff in place and some time to work the plan.

The article is spot on in my opinion ... we have lots of work to do and we are competing in areas that many competitors are strong ... we have also dropped into the same catagory as A&M, TT, Mizzou, Colorado, Kansas, Kansas State (a few of those teams we are behind right now). The next few years will be about seperating our team from them and starting to challenge the TX/OU teams.

Sometimes I think we should take a chill pill ... media typically give "respect" to teams that are due it ... I don't think we deserve much respect yet ... I just know that I like what I see ... and recruits see who Bo is and what he can do ... and that is exciting.

It's ok to be a sleeping giant while you get things in place.

SheepdogMark

we have also dropped into the same catagory as A&M, TT, Mizzou, Colorado, Kansas, Kansas State (a few of those teams we are behind right now). The next few years will be about seperating our team from them and starting to challenge the TX/OU teams.

:yeah

I tend to agree. For the past few years Nebraska has been competing with the likes of Missouri and Oregon for recruits. Consistently beating those teams (and the rest of the Big 12 north at least) for players is important. I'm not very concerned about the actual ratings that come with this but the results on the field.

ESPN can kiss my ass. Stock Down? I would think our stock is up considerably from last year.

No worries there bro. It's just an opinion. And according to the "statistics" he is looking at ... he is factually correct. Those that put a higher "weight" in those areas will make those judgments ... as they should and most would.

Everyone knows "stars" mean something and lots of great talent comes out of 2-3 star athletes ... so we have done a solid recruiting class for the year ... with a coaching staff in place and some time to work the plan.

The article is spot on in my opinion ... we have lots of work to do and we are competing in areas that many competitors are strong ... we have also dropped into the same catagory as A&M, TT, Mizzou, Colorado, Kansas, Kansas State (a few of those teams we are behind right now). The next few years will be about seperating our team from them and starting to challenge the TX/OU teams.

Sometimes I think we should take a chill pill ... media typically give "respect" to teams that are due it ... I don't think we deserve much respect yet ... I just know that I like what I see ... and recruits see who Bo is and what he can do ... and that is exciting.

It's ok to be a sleeping giant while you get things in place.

SheepdogMark

He is factually correct and correct in every way. The Huskers are a long way away from hanging with Texas and Oklahoma on the field --- and the recruits that NU has coming in are not narrowing that gap. If anything, the gap widens.

There is much work to do. Recruiting is the key.

we do have a lot of work to do as far as closing the gap with ou and ut..agreed...not every player that we sign will be a 4star or 5star...9 outta 10 times we'll lose type of players to ou or texas..the key here is finding the type of players to fit your system...speed is king and there's plenty of players out there that might not be a 5star but is fast and athlethic...you can teach technique but you can't teach speed...look at tom osborne's championship year (s) recruiting classes...they weren't rated that high but the players that he recruited were very athlethic and have the ability to play a different position if need be..i'd take a 3 star fast player over a 5 star slow player anyday...you can tell pelini is going after speed

We're Nebraska...ESPN should be suckin on our ball sacks!

Not licking yet, but grasping:

Plano star Rex Burkhead picks the Huskers

Running back / receiver Rex Burkhead of Plano, Texas, has given his committment to Nebraska over Texas A&M and Stanford. He also had offers from Texas Tech, Michigan, California, Mississippi, Louisville, Virginia and Auburn, among others.

ESPN's Billy Tucker elaborated on the pickup, "Pelini lands another quality prospect in Burkhead, a kid who will add great versatility and toughness to Nebraska's future roster. He is a blue-collar, high-motor type player who really fits the first-year Cornhusker coach's style."

"Potentially recruited more as an athlete, we feel Burkhead could line up at receiver or even tailback in Lincoln. He has good speed, agility and great vision with the ball in his hands. It may be his true grit and hard-nosed running style that stands out the most on film. While not overly fluid he can be a load to take down when he squares up his shoulder pads and accelerates downhill. Not an ideal positional prospect, but Burkhead is one of the better pure "football players" in this class."

"Another non-ESPNU 150 member for Nebraska, but its eighth prospect with a solid Scouts Inc, grade of 77 or higher. He may have started off a bit slow, but Pelini could sign a very quality class come February filled with system-fitting prospects with immeasurable intangibles."

During his senior season, Burkhead rushed for 1,762 yards and 28 touchdowns. He also had 24 receptions for 594 yards and five scores.

Who knew committment had so many Ts?

IMO, It isn't all that bad that there is more competition now then there used to be in the big 12. This staff did a good job coaching this year with the players that they had and could see a big time improvement in the players who struggled last year. This will help with recruits. I think the competiton between schools now will prove who the best coaches are not only by the type of recruits they get (as far as stars), but also how they are able to produce with their players.