Who was your all-time favorite

HANC

Okay, yes, I am bored and am ready for MORE football. I am brainstorming for conversation topics :)

Becuase it is "recruiting" season, and we all have our opinions and thoughts on various recruits, I thought that I would pose this question. What recruit have you been the most excited to see SIGN with NU throughout the years?

Do not base this on how that player panned out, or if he even stayed with the program. I just want how you felt on LOI day.

Mine:

1. Tommie Frazier - still remember getting in my car after class at UNL and finding out he chose us over ND

2. Grant Wistom - remember stealing him out of Missouri

More recent

1. Harrison Beck - I was seriously pumped to get a top 5 qb to sign...thought BC was the man to get him

2. Marlon Lucky - I followed him closely throughout his process and was pumped when he signed.

I am excited about all the recruits that Nebraska has, however, what I find myself doing sometimes is watching the ones that narrowly got away when it was down to Nebraska and one or two other schools. I kind of like to see if we missed out on some of these recruits or not.

The Skers commits that I was really excited about were: Marlon Lucky, cough Harrison Beck cough, Jonas Gray.

Players I watch that got away: Freeman, Travis Lewis, and David Ross.

For those who were excited about Gabbert, I have a serious question. What about Gabbert got (nearly) everyone excited? My experience with following recruiting started well after he bailed, and thus far I know very little about him. (Well, except I can predict there will be future booings every time he steps foot onto Tom Osborne Field).

Well at the time he committed he had just gone to the Elite QB Camp where he was supposedly the best player there.