UH - OH Wishbone

hskerprid

Just read in the Charleston paper that Clemson was working in-doors in private to work on their wishbone attack. Is Clemson a wishbone team? I didn't think they ran the bone, I think Dabo may be pulling out all the bells and whistles to get a "W" in this game. I hope Bo and the boys know about this! :o

Wow, I'd love to see it. We definitely have the RBs to do it. We'll see though. I wouldn't hold my breath though.

The Bone would play right into our strength of the Defense. We can stop the running game.

our ends don't penetrate enough to stop the option, and we don't really have a true WILL, most of our safeties are not good one on one tacklers, so look at the perimeter as a weakeness- I think if someone charted the run plays against us, you'd find the average outside the tackles is much higher than between.

A team that can run the option as part of an over all package is something we don't want. I think BO could draw up a defense to stop say a Georgia Tech, but its harder to stop something you may only see 5-6 times a game when it plays to an over-all team weakness. (and when the other team has the backs to do it)

I don't know much about their QB but lets hope he's not too fast

The Bone would play right into our strength of the Defense. We can stop the running game.

our ends don't penetrate enough to stop the option, and we don't really have a true WILL, most of our safeties are not good one on one tacklers, so look at the perimeter as a weakeness- I think if someone charted the run plays against us, you'd find the average outside the tackles is much higher than between.

A team that can run the option as part of an over all package is something we don't want. I think BO could draw up a defense to stop say a Georgia Tech, but its harder to stop something you may only see 5-6 times a game when it plays to an over-all team weakness. (and when the other team has the backs to do it)

I don't know much about their QB but lets hope he's not too fast

He's not slow, but not fast either. He is no Tommy Frazier.

He's not slow, but not fast either. He is no Tommy Frazier.

Someone is learning how to brown nose Husker fans!!!

Kidding, but seriously, I would love to see them roll out the bone. It keeps the box tight, which will be a good thing with our relative inexperience at LB. But something tells me, if this is true, that they are going to try to use the bone to cause a little confusion, and keep our front seven guessing with some inside out motion, and a lot counters. But as long as we don't allow their backs to get in space (whether in the bone or not) then we shouldn't have a lot of trouble slowing Clemson down in the running dept.

Now our secondary for that matter...........?

One would assume that we will see a few new "wrinkles" from both teams. This is a run of the mill bowl game. Very important to each team and their growth, plus fan base, but not like the NC game. Wtih that in mind, I think that the coaches and players can have a little "fun" and experiment with some different stuff. Clemson definately has the athletes to make the bone work, but true OPTION football is all about timing and reading keys. This is something that CAN'T BE MASTERED in a few bowl practices. Heck, I know local high school teams in Omaha that have their "pop warner" teams running option so that when their qb-rbs get to high school they have had years of practice.

The fact that it takes soooo much timing and reads, and that they only have limited practices, I HOPE that they try the bone. Yes, their athletes are scary and can break a big one, but I think you would see some mis-reads and dumb pitches, possibly resulting in negative plays or fumbles. Dabo may be "out-coaching" himself a little.

And I would like to think that if WE know this on a message board, that maybe Bo and Co. are well aware, as they usually tend to know more than we do.

Just read in the Charleston paper that Clemson was working in-doors in private to work on their wishbone attack. Is Clemson a wishbone team? I didn't think they ran the bone, I think Dabo may be pulling out all the bells and whistles to get a "W" in this game. I hope Bo and the boys know about this! :o

Uh-oh but I bet Bo has something to top it :box

Bo's defense hasn't been that good vs mobile QBs, zone reads and options.

True, but the difference between the zone read and the bone is THE SPREAD OFFENSE.

You aren't spread out with a bone offense, so you're LB and S are there for help in the box. The problem would be one on ones against the CBs.

I would look for a look like the Dolphins 'bone, the wildcat with two other backs. Spiller taking snaps?

Cacti, which could you see being the better behind center of your many great backs? Have you seen use of this at all this year? I haven't seen any tape on the or watched a game.

True, but the difference between the zone read and the bone is THE SPREAD OFFENSE.

You aren't spread out with a bone offense, so you're LB and S are there for help in the box. The problem would be one on ones against the CBs.

I would look for a look like the Dolphins 'bone, the wildcat with two other backs. Spiller taking snaps?

Cacti, which could you see being the better behind center of your many great backs? Have you seen use of this at all this year? I haven't seen any tape on the or watched a game.

Using extra practices to prep for G-tech's offense, and might use some vs NU, but they are still a gun spread offense. It also cause confusion in prep for NU.