<<<The official Please Stop running the Swing Pass/Screen play Thread>>>

NUpolo8

I dont want people getting PO'd with me for being too negative so this is the last I'll say about it today. Watson, much like the Colorado game, didn't bring his A game. He turns the play calling into brain surgery with his one-dimensional attack. It was clear after the first quarter that running the ball up the middle and dink/dunk passing was not going to get the job done. Clemson kept bringing 11 guys within 7 yards of the LOS because Watons refused to throw down field until the first drive of the second half. It worked, and then he goes back to running for short gains. Q saved his rump today with those 2 runs. Take out those 2 runs by Q that he made on his own, NU probably loses a close game, and many besides me would be questioning the play calling.

In all fairness, take a look at the change Watson made after half time. We had 20 points in the 3rd quarter. The thing that separates us from the big time though, is our play calling. Watson seems to fall back on zone-read, short horizontal passes and that's not how the big boys do it. I hope you guys caught some of the Penn State vs. USC game. USC is a staple of how the passing game should be done, as is Oklahoma and Texas.

We need more vertical, hard nosed football and less of the attack we saw this season. I hope Bo has some tricks up his sleeve as far as the offense goes for the coming years, because I don't see this "Spest Coast Offense" going very far. (Spest Coast is just a combo of spread and west for those confused).

In all fairness, take a look at the change Watson made after half time. We had 20 points in the 3rd quarter. The thing that separates us from the big time though, is our play calling. Watson seems to fall back on zone-read, short horizontal passes and that's not how the big boys do it. I hope you guys caught some of the Penn State vs. USC game. USC is a staple of how the passing game should be done, as is Oklahoma and Texas.

We need more vertical, hard nosed football and less of the attack we saw this season. I hope Bo has some tricks up his sleeve as far as the offense goes for the coming years, because I don't see this "Spest Coast Offense" going very far. (Spest Coast is just a combo of spread and west for those confused).

i really hated the play calling in this game. as a whole, we had good play calling all season, not what i wished it could've been, but it was what we needed to do to win the games. short and sweet move the chains.... and do it again. hopefully as this team grows Watson can open up the vertical play book.

I don't care what kind of pass play you call, it is the qb's job to see if there is a defender making a play on the receiver or the ball. JG watches his receiver all the way on those plays. JG knows where the receiver is going to be, why doesn't he catch the snap, glance at the defenders to make sure they are not jumping the play, and then locate the receiver as he is starting his throwing motion. Would have saved us 7 against OU and Helu a concussion.

I don't care what kind of pass play you call, it is the qb's job to see if there is a defender making a play on the receiver or the ball. JG watches his receiver all the way on those plays. JG knows where the receiver is going to be, why doesn't he catch the snap, glance at the defenders to make sure they are not jumping the play, and then locate the receiver as he is starting his throwing motion. Would have saved us 7 against OU and Helu a concussion.

Well might have been nice if the WRs make their blocks or even hold if they are losing the block, but if they have not held their blocks all game and if Ganz has misread this all game, then don;t call the play. You call a fake and turn to something in the spot the defender has abandoned. Either throw it the WR who lost the block or the spot the safety left cause he has taken the WR.