Here's a look at NU's prospects for 2009

i see us possibly going 8-0 until oklahoma. missouri and texas tech will be tough, but beatable.

The Osbornes are twins right? Seemed like the last set of twins we had at Nu worked out pretty good.

The last TWO sets of twins. (Bullocks and Ruuds)

What two Ruuds where twins? I don't remember that at all.

i see us possibly going 8-0 until oklahoma. missouri and texas tech will be tough, but beatable.

The Osbornes are twins right? Seemed like the last set of twins we had at Nu worked out pretty good.

The last TWO sets of twins. (Bullocks and Ruuds)

What two Ruuds where twins? I don't remember that at all.

They aren't. Barrett is 2 years older.

I think we should be able to win against Mizzou and TT next year, and if Bradford leaves Oklahoma we may have a shot there too....but it would still take an upset, most likely.

VT will be very tough...on the road with a new QB. Baylor will be tough too.

Hopefully 10-2? 2-3 losses sounds about right to me. Looking to be another good season :thumbs

Just wondering, does Tech lose a lot? I see that mizzou misses some big parts of their offense, but other then that i'm not sure how tough they'll be next year either

The dreaded offseason :bang Good article, I think the writer should have placed all the secondary as "ready to emerge" they were consistently the weak spot on this season and hopefully they turn it around next year! All in all great turnaround and already getting excited about what the "new" guys will bring! I would like to see Compton, Stienkuhler (sp) become rising stars and the race for the QB spot should be fun, unless Green is a superstar which is highly unlikely I see him RS his first year, and let Witt, Lee and Spano have it out.

I really think Steinkuhler, Baker, is going to emerge as a stud next year - for the next few years for that matter. At 6' 6" and 290 he's a little bigger than Ty and my guess is he comes out of winter conditioning an animal. Although alot of schools were interested in him he made it clear from the get go that NU was the only school he was interested in playing for, in fact (and I'm not positive of this) I think he committed his Junior year.

I think the QB race will be especially compelling. Lee and Witt could be so close, they'll be graded on how they tie their shoes.

I think equally interesting will be what the Offensive Scheme looks like next year. Does Watson stick with what he morphed it into from the MU game on or does he re-insert more of a power based attack? Does he make a QB choice based on what he would like to run or based on what NU is running now?

Oklahoma is a loss.

Virginia Tech is winnable, but will be tough.

The rest are very winnable. We slip up once or twice in games we should win due to the inexperience.

I say 9-3 (11-3 after we beat texas in the big 12 championship and whoever may step up in the Fiesta Bowl)

:restore

I love the optimism, but I don't think there's a snowballs chance in Hell any team from the North beats Texas in the Big 12 Championship game. It will be a fun ride to see who the sacrificial lamb will be, but it is highly improbable any North team is victorious in the Big 12 Championship game.

On a side note, I was hoping and praying O'Hanlon was a senior and gone. Damn!