Tim Griffin predicts the Huskers win the 2009 Big 12 North

Really shouldn't be that hard next year IMO.

Nah I think Kansas should be pretty tough, not that we can't beat em. And with Mizzou and Colorado you never know either. But hey, thats not comin up anytime soon...its gonna be a loooong off season

Ya'll have NO IDEA what kind of team ou'll have next year with the loss of several key starters. I would focus on staying above 500, rather than buying into a prediction in January. <_<

ESPN big 12 blogger.

he knows the Big 12 territory well.

Yeah right! If he would of picked KU you wouldn't be saying that! He is picking a team with a new QB and lots of new unproven skill players on offense. Dude sounds high to me. :) Kansas HAS to be the favorite going into 09. Hands down.

ESPN big 12 blogger.

he knows the Big 12 territory well.

Yeah right! If he would of picked KU you wouldn't be saying that! He is picking a team with a new QB and lots of new unproven skill players on offense. Dude sounds high to me. :) Kansas HAS to be the favorite going into 09. Hands down.

uh.

he knows big 12 country MUCH better than 95% of people projecting ANYTHING. KU should be better next year. But they weren't this year. They'll get better obviously, but really, Nebraska's D should be stout. while i'm not going to completely disagree with you, how does KU HAVE to be the favorite? Last time i checked the saying goes offense wins games defense wins championships...?

Really shouldn't be that hard next year IMO.

Kansas has the players coming back, and OSU will be loaded OU returns 9 starters on defense and depth created by injuries, while they could have Broyles, Gresham, Bradford, both FBs/TEs and 1 OL.

Kansas will be tough but I think both Gresham and Bradford will go pro plus they lose most of their o-line

We'll do well if we win the division next year. Very well. We play at Missouri, at Kansas, and at Colorado. And we play at Baylor, which all of a sudden seems like a really hard game. Oh, and we have to play OU and T-Tech again, albeit on our fieldturf.

With a new quarterback, it's going to be hard anyway.

Not saying it can't be done.... I certainly wish we could play the first half of this season over again with the Huskers we saw during the second.

It's unfair to call next year a writeoff so soon, but I'm prepared to chalk next year up as a second rebuild year if things don't go well, just because things seem really set up more for 2010 - by then you have an established QB, a more favorable schedule, and a balance of players recruited and tutored in Bo's system.

But this year exceeded my wildest expectations already.... sky's the limit.

4. Bo’s first division title . After Nebraska coach Bo Pelini inserts Zac Lee into the starting lineup, the Cornhuskers catch fire and cruise to the North Division title in a tight race that features four teams that eventually make bowl trips — Nebraska, Colorado, Kansas and Missouri. The Cornhuskers don’t have enough firepower, however, to beat Texas. The Longhorns win their conference title since 2005 after a 38-24 triumph over the Cornhuskers to cruise to the BCS title game after a 12-1 season marred only by a loss at Oklahoma State

WHAT?!?!?!?! now way out side chance at best dude of OSU beating TEXAS......other wise good article an i think we got a good chance win the north next year and i really think the KU NU game will decide who books their ticket to K.C. Colorado might but i'm not sold on them their best game was against us and we gave them alot of their points based off us getting a little lazy. mizzou i think will be .500 but not a contender they replace a ton of starters.

Shatel's take:

ESPN.com Big 12 blogger Tim Griffin predicts Nebraska will win the Big 12 North next season and lose to Texas in the Big 12 championship.

He'll be in the minority. The popular pick to win the North will be Kansas, which has the top quarterback returning in the North in Todd Reesing and playmakers at receiver in Dezmon Briscoe and Kerry Meier.

But the great equalizer for KU is its southern rotation in the Big 12: at Texas, at Texas Tech and Oklahoma at home. The Hawks could be 0-3 without playing a North game. That might bring them back to the pack in a hurry.