Article Ranks first year coaching jobs(Pelini #2)

As a clemson fan, I dont like to see what he wrote about Dabo's outlook (he was down at #5) in that he wont win any more than Tommy Bowden did. I'm terrified that it could be true as I was not one pushing for him to the the permanent job in the first place, but I think he has the tools to be much more successful. The question is whether or not he will use those tools.

Do you think Clemson did a "knee-jerk" hire like West Va did last year?

16. Mike Sherman(Texas A&M 4-8 2-6 in Big XII)- You won't win over fans when your first game is a loss to Arkansas State. You also won't win them over by beating Army by 4, New Mexico by 6, and losing to Baylor by 20. Sherman did an awful job of coaching and I doubt many Aggies will argue with that.

How does the future look

The hiring of Sherman was a strange one. Along with Callahan being hired by Nebraska and Zook by Florida, this is probably the worst hire by a big name program this decade. A&M is a program loaded with instate talent and has the best homefield in college football. Aggie fans deserve better and should demand more.

Wait....Callahan was a BAD hire? :dunno

16. Mike Sherman(Texas A&M 4-8 2-6 in Big XII)- You won't win over fans when your first game is a loss to Arkansas State. You also won't win them over by beating Army by 4, New Mexico by 6, and losing to Baylor by 20. Sherman did an awful job of coaching and I doubt many Aggies will argue with that.

How does the future look

The hiring of Sherman was a strange one. Along with Callahan being hired by Nebraska and Zook by Florida, this is probably the worst hire by a big name program this decade. A&M is a program loaded with instate talent and has the best homefield in college football. Aggie fans deserve better and should demand more.

not to dedhoarse but he was not a bad hire at the time, who else would have they got? wasn't he the 5th guy interviewed?

How does the future look

No where to go but up. :sarcasm

Besides I don't think you can have a conversation about bad coaching hires and not mention Syracuse.

How does the future look

not to dedhoarse but he was not a bad hire at the time, who else would have they got? wasn't he the 5th guy interviewed?

Hind sight is always 20/20, but sorry he was horrible hire because he was a horrible fit for NE and NE did not fit him. There was no love from the start it was a job and that was it for him.

They should have probably stuck with Frank, but if Pedersen still wanted to fire him Pellini should have been the man. Oh well though, I believe Pelini gained some well deserved respect and gained some experience and contacts I'm sure. Here's to the future not the past!!! :cheers

the Frank Solich part at the bottom of the page is a low blow :nutz

Why was this a low blow? He was simply stating that those coaches that had pretty decent years went on to be fired later on by the schools where they started with those records. He didn't say whether or not the firings were justified, but they were all fired just the same.

How does the future look

I think that's the point. Clownahan was a bad hire because he was like the 5th choice. We were desperate, and we just took the first person with a pulse who said yes. If Pud would have had anything that even remotely resembled a plan, maybe we wouldn't have made the bad hire.