kyler Reed to LB....

shagg

heard on the radio a few days ago that kyler reed had been moved to LB.....sounded like they (the coaches) liked him alot at LB...a fast, athlethic type LB is exactly what we need .....the guys on the radio were saying that he might see alot of playing time next year....more depth and athlethic at LB....

they were always high on reed as a tight end/h-back....the move was made easier with the emergence of mcneill and dreu young plus the promise that ben cotton have shown....it's no secret that wants pelini wants to be faster and more athlethic on D....reed fits that mold as a LB

they were always high on reed as a tight end/h-back....the move was made easier with the emergence of mcneill and dreu young plus the promise that ben cotton have shown....it's no secret that wants pelini wants to be faster and more athlethic on D....reed fits that mold as a LB

I think Florida showed what a fast athletic D can do to the kind of offenses prevalent in the Big 12. Guys athletic enough to keep up with their WRs and TEs, batting down balls, and making tackles after the catch instead of 10-20 yards down field. LBs that can blitz with incredible speed so there's no time to dump the ball off.

I think Florida showed what a fast athletic D can do to the kind of offenses prevalent in the Big 12. Guys athletic enough to keep up with their WRs and TEs, batting down balls, and making tackles after the catch instead of 10-20 yards down field. LBs that can blitz with incredible speed so there's no time to dump the ball off.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Florida's D wasn't really very good. If OU wouldn't have beat themselves, they easily would have won the game. Bradford laid the ball in there pretty good. His WR's are the ones that stunk up the place. On his two INT's, both of them were caused by his WR's not catching the friggin ball. OU should have scored in the 30's as they were down there in the redzone only to beat themselves. Their RB was running through Florida's D like it wasn't even there. The WR play for OU was down right terrible. Bradford made some beautiful throws, but his WR's didn't catch them. OU's D leaked like a sieve, but so did Floridas.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Florida's D wasn't really very good. If OU wouldn't have beat themselves, they easily would have won the game. Bradford laid the ball in there pretty good. His WR's are the ones that stunk up the place. On his two INT's, both of them were caused by his WR's not catching the friggin ball. OU should have scored in the 30's as they were down there in the redzone only to beat themselves. Their RB was running through Florida's D like it wasn't even there. The WR play for OU was down right terrible. Bradford made some beautiful throws, but his WR's didn't catch them. OU's D leaked like a sieve, but so did Floridas.

okay you're wrong.

Florida:

#4 scoring defense

#9 total defense

#15 rush defense

#20 pass defense

#3 pass efficiency defense

#2 turnover margin

Florida:

#4 scoring defense

#9 total defense

#15 rush defense

#20 pass defense

#2 turnover margin

Florida's DBs were able to stay with Oklahoma's WRs and their pass rush was able to hurry Bradford. DBs have to make the plays to get those 2 INTs. Oklahoma did choke the game away, but the end result is Florida D held them to 14 points. That is good defense.

Florida:

#4 scoring defense

#9 total defense

#15 rush defense

#20 pass defense

#2 turnover margin

Florida's DBs were able to stay with Oklahoma's WRs and their pass rush was able to hurry Bradford. DBs have to make the plays to get those 2 INTs. Oklahoma did choke the game away, but the end result is Florida D held them to 14 points. That is good defense.

by the way, those 2 INT's by Bradford were definitely not his fault......no way.

okay you're wrong.

Florida:

#4 scoring defense

#9 total defense

#15 rush defense

#20 pass defense

#2 turnover margin

Um, yeah those are very nice statistics over the course of the season. However, I was talking about just one game, and that game was last night. Brown or whatever the name of OU's RB was just ran all over Florida. On one drive alone he had like 4 consecutive first downs all by himself.

Florida:

#4 scoring defense

#9 total defense

#15 rush defense

#20 pass defense

#2 turnover margin

Bradford threw a ball 40 yards downfield where his WR was a step and a half ahead of the defender. The ball slipped right through the WR's hands. If the ball was caught, it was a sure TD. The first INT occurred because the ball bounced off the WR like a pinball before being eventually grabbed by a Florida defender. The second INT occurred as the DB was like a yard or two behind the receiver. The receiver had the ball slip right through his hands into the DB's hands. Both balls should have been caught. During the regular season, both balls would have been caught. The OU WR's just weren't playing their game last night. It wasn't like Florida's D knocked Bradford out of his rhythm because that just didn't happen. I'm rather of the opinion that OU's offense is what help them to 14 rather than Florida's D holding them to 14 points.