Tebow Vs. Frazier

rkhufu7

Tebow Vs. Frazier  

113 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I take Tommie, What he accomplished as a starter was unreal. Yes he played on what is considerd the best team ofall time but he was the main reason for that. Florida found out just how tough it could be to bring Tommy down once he decided to run with the ball.

I think Tebow is a great QB and would have excelled at NU as well. If I had to choose a player to build my team around it would be Tommie. That is my opinion.

Tebow after his junior season vs. Frazier after his junior season? Tebow, but not by much. Let's see what he does next year.

I still see Tommie in front, he didn't lose a game that he started his junior and senior seasons. Tebow already has. Plus, Tommie beat a Miami team that featured stars Ray Lewis and Warren Sapp in what was basically a home game for them, a much more difficult feat than Florida beating Oklahoma in Florida.

Now try to put Tebow on that 95 team instead of Frazier and would they be as dominant? If you put Frazier on this years Gator team would they be better or worse? I would expect those 5 yard Tebow runs would turn into 15 yards or TD's with Tommie.

If you watch Tebow and Scott frost throwing side by side I could swear they have the same throwing motion.

Lets just say Nebraska 97 with Scott Frost QB beats this years Gator team with Tebow. Where there is no way the 97 version even compares to the 95 team with Frazier. chuckleshuffle

Now try to put Tebow on that 95 team instead of Frazier and would they be as dominant? If you put Frazier on this years Gator team would they be better or worse? I would expect those 5 yard Tebow runs would turn into 15 yards or TD's with Tommie.

If you watch Tebow and Scott frost throwing side by side I could swear they have the same throwing motion.

Lets just say Nebraska 97 with Scott Frost QB beats this years Gator team with Tebow. Where there is no way the 97 version even compares to the 95 team with Frazier. chuckleshuffle

That's not a bad way to compare, but you're comparing Frazier as a senior to Tebow as a junior. Put Tebow on the 94 team? That team didn't lose much with Berringer. Would it lose any with Tebow?

That's not a bad way to compare, but you're comparing Frazier as a senior to Tebow as a junior. Put Tebow on the 94 team? That team didn't lose much with Berringer. Would it lose any with Tebow?

Remember Frazier missed most of his Junior year because of the blood clotting, so he really wasn't more experienced then Tebow is now, game wise I mean.

One thing that is hard to compare is that Florida does pass a little more, it is not the same kind of option and Tebow runs like a fullback, or a power halfback, where Frazier ran more like a regular halfback. I would say Tebow's passing, while not stellar, makes him a better pro prospect (Not to say he is going ot be great prospect or a great pro), and Frazier was truly a pure option QB. I think they both could have done well on the opposite teams, as smart coaches take advantage of what they have... Anyway, I still vote Frazier, he was sooooo explosive. I am the one that is still PISSED That the Huskers ditched the option, as I LOVED IT, so that is my bias.

:bang Don't ask this question !!!!!!!! Damn it !!!!!!!!!! Tommie is my favorite husker of all-time. Being the age I am (getting older everyday), I have seen a lot of NU qb's and will without a doubt offer my opinion that Frazier may be the most "special" athlete to wear Red-White. He was an absolute WINNER. 3 NC games in 3 years, his record, and now question in many people's mind, should have won Heisman......

Enough said......

:bang Damn it!!!!!!! That friggin Tebow is a stud. He is a WINNER. 2 NC games (not a starter in 1), Heisman, and probably a great shot at a 2nd Heisman and another NC game/title if he returns. May be one of the most "special' players to play COLLEGE football.

Enough said....

Okay... Tommie played behind what may be the most dominating OL in the history of college football. He did have LP and Schlesinger (sp), with a decent WR core (as far as downfield blocks and play-action patterns).... Many people have said that Tommie led a much better "team" than Tebow. I agree, but IMO, this shows how good Tebow is....Tommie was surrounded by more talent across the board, both offensively and defensively....

It is not Tebow's fault that ESPN has a hard-@n for him... I agree, if he was the qb here, we would be eating it up....

Okay.......just so I don't feel GUILTY for the rest of my life......... I will say Frazier !!!!.........final answer ????

Remember Frazier missed most of his Junior year because of the blood clotting, so he really wasn't more experienced then Tebow is now, game wise I mean.

That's a good point. Tebow was really only a specialty player his freshman year, so I'll still say it's more or less balanced going into their senior years, though you certainly would rather be playing all of your junior year than your freshman year to show your best stuff.

Another way to look at it, in Frazier's favor, is that Nebraska was a fringe top 25 team in the early 90s. It's not just Frazier that turned it around, but he was the major piece. Tebow took over for the defending national champs. He had a role in the 2006 team, but not a big one. Frazier's teams got better each year, or at least the same from 91->92; Tebow's fell off his first year starting.

I still say the jury is out.

Frazier any day. Tebow is a better passer no question, but Tommy had the ability to make a lot of plays with his legs and his quickness. No slight on Tebow, but he's not a good runner. Tebow is the size of a damn full back.

I don't necessarily buy the Tommie was a better rusher than Tim argument. Frazier rushed for a carreer total of 1,955 yds on 342 attempts, with 36 TDs. Tebow rushed for a career total of (so far) 2037 yds on 475 attempts with 43 TDs. Also, Tebow is not THAT much bigger than Frazier was when he played - 6 2, 210 vs. 6 3, 240. All that being said, statistics mean a whole lotta nothing really, the real question is who do YOU want in there with the game on the line? And with these two it's a toss up. I'll still take 'Touchdown Tommie' anyday.

Personally, I like newearthhusker's analogy the best. Only question is; who's your bacon?

I don't necessarily buy the Tommie was a better rusher than Tim argument. Frazier rushed for a carreer total of 1,955 yds on 342 attempts, with 36 TDs. Tebow rushed for a career total of (so far) 2037 yds on 475 attempts with 43 TDs.

TF 5.7 ypc vs TT 4.2 ypc and I ain't buying that Florida's OL isn't pretty damn good.

Also Florida did not (and still doesn't really) have a useful running back. Tommie had 3 good options: keep it, give it to Correy, or give it to LP. I'd guess most of the times he ran the ball he had those options.

I don't necessarily buy the Tommie was a better rusher than Tim argument. Frazier rushed for a carreer total of 1,955 yds on 342 attempts, with 36 TDs. Tebow rushed for a career total of (so far) 2037 yds on 475 attempts with 43 TDs.

TF 5.7 ypc vs TT 4.2 ypc and I ain't buying that Florida's OL isn't pretty damn good.

Also Florida did not (and still doesn't really) have a useful running back. Tommie had 3 good options: keep it, give it to Correy, or give it to LP. I'd guess most of the times he ran the ball he had those options.

Oh, I absolutely agree. Frazier had a ton more weapons at his disposal than Tebow does. As far as OLs go neither one of them rack up those kinds of numbers without an OL that isn't about the best out there. Frazier was also alot less selfish when running the option than Tebow is. And I'm not knocking Tebow any, he keeps it most of the time because he usually is the best option.