Tebow Vs. Frazier

rkhufu7

Tebow Vs. Frazier  

113 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Running with rkhufu7's idea...thought it might be more fun to do as a poll. I will take some heat for this, but I think Tebow is the complete package...I like Frazier, and he was a good QB for Nebraska, a very quiet and humble guy, but if I was a HC and had to choose between the two of them, sorry - Tebow, hands down. The kid has charisma, an arm, and he is big and durable.

Just let me know where and when I have to turn in my Husker pin... :LOLtartar

I went with T.

Overall package.

Every single player on the team seems to love him. Sees him as a leader they want to follow.

Frazier not so much.

Two different types of people. If you had a daughter, who would you recommend to her?

It is not just the numbers. Imagine what T is going to do for the Florida progam, now and 10 years from now.

Frazier, again not so much.

I voted for Frazier. I just think what he did was a little more amazing. I am a Tebow fan too. Frazier didn't have percy harvin either.

no but he did have LP....

:hmmph Not sure if that was a good thing or a bad thing...LP had his own issues which brought the team down to a degree. Maybe if Frazier would have been more vocal as a leader (instead of just being a leader on the field) he could have made a difference and kept LP in check a little more...but that may just be wishful thinking too...no...that is wishful thinking. Everyone makes their own decisions, including LP, I guess.

I voted for Frazier. I just think what he did was a little more amazing. I am a Tebow fan too. Frazier didn't have percy harvin either.

:hmmph Not sure if that was a good thing or a bad thing...LP had his own issues which brought the team down to a degree. Maybe if Frazier would have been more vocal as a leader (instead of just being a leader on the field) he could have made a difference and kept LP in check a little more...but that may just be wishful thinking too...no...that is wishful thinking. Everyone makes their own decisions, including LP, I guess.

yeah he had issues, but i was just referring to how he was a great RB

yeah he had issues, but i was just referring to how he was a great RB

I agree he had a lot of talent, and wasted some that we probably never got to see. His off the field crap is what really brought the respect level for him down, it is hard to seriously judge his talent on the field when what you heard about the most is his off the field troubles.

Getting back to Frazier, he was a really good athlete, as a leader he lead by his actions. I think he could have even been stronger if he would have been more vocal person, but that was not in his nature. He was a quiet guy that just did his job, and did it well.

I think one reason that I would say that Tebow was a better QB was just the durability issue.

Nebraska has a reputation of building good college QB's. I would like to see one of our QB's make it to the NFL as a starter and actually make a mark as a QB, then it would be easier to judge our QB's against some of the other schools that seem to produce good QB's that can go pro. We have QB's that are good athletes...schools that produce the Tebow's of the world have good QB's.

Frazier 3 MNC games in three years, but no Heisman. He would have been great in Urban Meyer's offense, as would Frost and Crouch, Taylor and others!

In the Meyer-attack Tebow is the best of all that are mentioned here with the exception of one. Frazier would have been good in Meyer's offense but Frost would have been equal to, if not better than, Tebow running this offense. Why?I Frost and Tebow's leadership, toughness, athleticism, are all equal. Where Frost excels is his speed, and quickness, and his arm. Even though he had a funny throwing motion his arm strength, accuracy, and touch are better than Tebow's.

Well, his mama was his high school coach and a shot putter.

Seriously. She was an olympic shot putter and coached (tight ends?) at his HS along with his dad. I always wondered if Mom was the one who he played catch with in the back yard when he was a youth

I picked Frazier because I am a homer, but Tebow is getting to legendary status. If he has another season like this next year, he has to be right up there with some of the best QB's of all time in this game. Tebow's damn good and if had decided to play for the Huskers, I would have been more than fine with that.

Zzzzz............zzzz......huh? Oh, it's Tommie Frazier! In a land slide!!!

A lot of Tebow's runs are possible, because the play calling clears the first 10 or 15 yards after the line of scrimmage. Tommie NEVER had that luxury. NU lined up man to man, and ran the true option right down the throats of defenses when they Knew it was coming, And still make fools of the best defenders of his day. Tommie was a much better athlete, and blazing fast, and pretty damn tough for his size.

Meyer has to scheme all these clear out, draw action type wacky plays for Tebow mainly to clear LBs and safeties. Otherwise, that TE of a QB they have wouldn't be flashing through holes with his blinding speed, that's for sure. :sarcasm

I'm not saying that Tebow isn't great, but let's keep some perspective. I mean there our media members now saying he may be the best ever. EVER! Are you freaking kidding me!!! He wasn't even the starter on the 06 title team! :boxosoap

This is what I look at also. Frazier started from the time he got here until the time he left. I know he didn't start the whole season in '93 but that was out of his control. Plus, he was the best player on the arguably the best team ever. Tommie only lost three games his entire college career as a starter, Tebow lost 4 alone last season. If the championship teams of NU in '94 or '95 played this years FL team, FL would be lucky to keep it within a couple TDs.

Don't get me wrong, Tebow one of the great QBs of all time, but he is no Tommie Frazier.

Zzzzz............zzzz......huh? Oh, it's Tommie Frazier! In a land slide!!!

A lot of Tebow's runs are possible, because the play calling clears the first 10 or 15 yards after the line of scrimmage. Tommie NEVER had that luxury. NU lined up man to man, and ran the true option right down the throats of defenses when they Knew it was coming, And still make fools of the best defenders of his day. Tommie was a much better athlete, and blazing fast, and pretty damn tough for his size.

Meyer has to scheme all these clear out, draw action type wacky plays for Tebow mainly to clear LBs and safeties. Otherwise, that TE of a QB they have wouldn't be flashing through holes with his blinding speed, that's for sure. :sarcasm

I'm not saying that Tebow isn't great, but let's keep some perspective. I mean there our media members now saying he may be the best ever. EVER! Are you freaking kidding me!!! He wasn't even the starter on the 06 title team! :boxosoap

This is what I look at also. Frazier started from the time he got here until the time he left. I know he didn't start the whole season in '93 but that was out of his control. Plus, he was the best player on the arguably the best team ever. Tommie only lost three games his entire college career as a starter, Tebow lost 4 alone last season. If the championship teams of NU in '94 or '95 played this years FL team, FL would be lucky to keep it within a couple TDs.

Word, and we should mix in some of the Florida option and zone plays into the current offense.