Spring game April 18th - another sellout?

with the economic situation, i doubt it, but I would say 65-75 is a reasonable guess.

how much is it to get in to the spring game...like $5 or $7?

i have a hard time thinking that 80k people won't pony up a nice crisp Abe Lincoln to check out the new lineup....let alone, the mere thought of seeing Suh after another offseason of workouts...the guy might need triple teams!!!

I'm not sure if this is correct, but I heard that either we had the highest attendance in which the fans have to pay to get in, or the only school to sell out a spring game in which the fans had to pay to get it...or maybe both. I know Bama fans get in free so I know their 'sell out' would not count for this...but they probably could have since $5 is nothing.

But then again I could have heard wrong or been told wrong

with the economic situation, i doubt it, but I would say 65-75 is a reasonable guess.

I realize its a tough time for some people right now, but do you really think its going to stop people from paying $5-12 with free admission for kids from going to Memorial Stadium?

I would anticipate a similar turn out to last year... sure we aren't breaking in a new coach, but there will be the qb battle and the season ended with a lot of excitement.

I need someone to take my place as I will not be able to attend the spring game. I plan on going down to the K-State spring game.

A buddy and I have been alternating spring games the past few years now - we went to Bo's first spring game last year so it's my turn to go to manhattan. I'll be the guy in my husker overalls - the red dot of sanity in a pond of purple kittens. Aggieville is a blast though.

To those arguing against people not showing up because of economy, the tickets are cheap sure, but gas and food aren't.

Anyways, I still predict a sellout. Why wouldn't it sellout. Nebraska fans are a proud breed, and if we sold out last year, you can bet people are going to want to do it again. That, along with the offseason momentum which is going to be huge (remember how exciting preseason 2006 was?), plus Cody Green, equals up to another sellout in my book.

I realize its a tough time for some people right now, but do you really think its going to stop people from paying $5-12 with free admission for kids from going to Memorial Stadium?

I would anticipate a similar turn out to last year... sure we aren't breaking in a new coach, but there will be the qb battle and the season ended with a lot of excitement.

Some of you guys are forgetting that it's more than just ticket fees. Some people traveled from all over the country for the spring game last year ( i know a few that came here for it ). They had to pay for food, gas, and hotels to come watch it. The people that live close will make the drive, but people who live long distances may not.

Some of you guys are forgetting that it's more than just ticket fees. Some people traveled from all over the country for the spring game last year ( i know a few that came here for it ). They had to pay for food, gas, and hotels to come watch it. The people that live close will make the drive, but people who live long distances may not.

I am willing to guess that around 85% of the crowd was from the Omaha and Lincoln areas and a hotel in Lincoln only cost like what 65-100 bucks a night. not that much then another 50-100 on food. Most families that travel from far away in Nebraska will make it vacation out of it.