Nebraska vs. KU 2009

jayhawk

Who will win and under what circumstances  

124 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Ku had the sun shine on them for awhile. they'll feel the warmth for another season or two, then be out cold with the dogs again. We got rid of our wet blanket and are now basking in the heat of a sold out, state of the art, easily recruitable, football 1st, reclamation of our rightful place atop the B12 N.

Oh JGS... Lost friends to marijuana? I have never heard of such a thing. Did they overdose on it by smoking 25 lbs. of it in one night or something? Did they choke on some munchies? Man, you are freakin' hiliarious.

I somewhat remember reading something about the Jayhawks going 10-2 overall including: two victories against Big 12 South teams, a victory against Nebraska, and a W against South Florida. I wonder how all that turned out. I don't quite remember... Must be from overdosing on marijuana...

I think it's time for me to step back from the board for a little bit. As hilarious as threads like this are, it gets repetitive reading the same sh#t over and over and over and over and over and over...well, you get the point.

Everyone have a safe and healthy offseason. Hopefully all of the players for our respective teams do the same. I'll be back sooner or later. Oh, and JGS.............

Shine on you crazy diamond!

our season ticket sales are way up

You got us beat there. HA. :box

They didn't build a new stadium did they?

hhhhhhmmmmmmmm 297 and counting? yeah Papersun is right, we just can't quite compete with increased attendance numbers!

297 seats???!!! :rollin Well, that combined with the 3 trophies in their case is sure to lure in many a blue chip recruit!

our season ticket sales are way up

You got us beat there. HA. :box

They didn't build a new stadium did they?

hhhhhhmmmmmmmm 297 and counting? yeah Papersun is right, we just can't quite compete with increased attendance numbers!

297 seats???!!! :rollin Well, that combined with the 3 trophies in their case is sure to lure in many a blue chip recruit!

Naw, 297 consecutive sellouts for NU.

Has KU even sold their stadium out 297 times in the history of the program?

i don't think they even had a sell out till two years ago and even when i was last there it was still fairly empty twords the top.

I do not think that is true, and you are missing the point. We are not Nebraska, OU, etc (see earlier), but you do not get to start there. That is life, you build. You guys could afford some crappy years, because you have generations of people now who live and breather your football. If you sucked for a long time, it could go away, but that is hard to do when you are Nebraska. Just do not assume we cannot improve. We do have very nice facilities, a lot of recruits seem sold on them. They are a little smaller than NUs, but they are newer and football only, which I understand is another difference.

At KU now, The gameday environment is really very nice, and the crowds are good. We now have the makings of a very good fan base. Also, the fact that you sold out 30 years ago is cool, but it makes little difference on what the gameday environment feels like. You do have an awesome environment, but the fact that our games were sold out when I was a baby is not selling that many recruits. The fact that it is cool probably sells more, and it is getting pretty cool in Lawrence, so that is progress for us. We are not likely to out tradition you anytime soon, but that is not how we can win on Saturdays. We don't want to be you, recruits who will only play for a ;legendary program won't pick us right now anyway, so playing the "tradition" that is not a good strategy for us over the next 10 years. We want to be a better Kansas than we were, and in that regard we are progressing mightily. It's a lot like life, you make yourself better and don't try to be what your not. We can be a good football school,a nd already are proving that. No question for it to be credible it must survive longer than it has. No one really knows for sure if that will happen, but our investments in the program help make that a lot more likely.

If any of you boys want to come tailgate next year, if my company does not ship me by that time I am happy to host you. Even Bruno, as long as he is not overly fabulous. It's too bad many of you cannot relate to what the baseline is for comparing and seeing an improvement, but I hope it never returns for you to see....

i don't think they even had a sell out till two years ago and even when i was last there it was still fairly empty twords the top.

I do not think that is true, and you are missing the point. We are not Nebraska, OU, etc (see earlier), but you do not get to start there. That is life, you build. You guys could afford some crappy years, because you have generations of people now who live and breather your football. If you sucked for a long time, it could go away, but that is hard to do when you are Nebraska. Just do not assume we cannot improve. We do have very nice facilities, a lot of recruits seem sold on them. They are a little smaller than NUs, but they are newer and football only, which I understand is another difference.

At KU now, The gameday environment is really very nice, and the crowds are good. We now have the makings of a very good fan base. Also, the fact that you sold out 30 years ago is cool, but it makes little difference on what the gameday environment feels like. You do have an awesome environment, but the fact that our games were sold out when I was a baby is not selling that many recruits. The fact that it is cool probably sells more, and it is getting pretty cool in Lawrence, so that is progress for us. We are not likely to out tradition you anytime soon, but that is not how we can win on Saturdays. We don't want to be you, recruits who will only play for a ;legendary program won't pick us right now anyway, so playing the "tradition" that is not a good strategy for us over the next 10 years. We want to be a better Kansas than we were, and in that regard we are progressing mightily. It's a lot like life, you make yourself better and don't try to be what your not. We can be a good football school,a nd already are proving that. No question for it to be credible it must survive longer than it has. No one really knows for sure if that will happen, but our investments in the program help make that a lot more likely.

If any of you boys want to come tailgate next year, if my company does not ship me by that time I am happy to host you. Even Bruno, as long as he is not overly fabulous. It's too bad many of you cannot relate to what the baseline is for comparing and seeing an improvement, but I hope it never returns for you to see....

But how can I NOT be? It's who I am! :corndance

Hmmm, hmmmm, the first thing I'd like to reiterate, and this is not directed at mr. jayhawk persay, that NE HAS ONLY HAD 3 CRAP YEARS SINCE 1968, or so. And one of those was 7-7, which,yea, by our standard IS the end o' the world, but whatEVER!

It's a good thing that KU's program is growing/improving becoming a formidable opponent. Mangino is the shiznit, so I'm cool with that. And NE is not totally 'back' so we shouldn't be basking too much in our prematurely perceived return to glory status.

However, that old time feeling is creeping it's way back, gaining momentum, a perfect storm a brewin'. And we have OZ and BO to credit for that. BO is PERFECT for NE, has IT in a big way and it wouldn't surprise me a bit if Big Red starts to separate from the pcak that is the rest of the North within the next few years.

KU, next year offers a key opportunity to win the North, just like Mizzou had their big chance to win the CC this year. Carpe diem, cuz this 'diem' may not last too long....

:power

But how can I NOT be fabuluz? It's who I am! 'Funkyzeit mit bruno'! :corndance

Hmmm, hmmmm, the first thing I'd like to reiterate, and this is not directed at mr. jayhawk persay, that NE HAS ONLY HAD 3 CRAP YEARS SINCE 1968, or so. And one of those was 7-7, which,yea, by our standard IS the end o' the world, but whatEVER!

It's a good thing that KU's program is growing/improving becoming a formidable opponent. Mangino is the shiznit, so I'm cool with that. But to play devil's advocate here, let's say that KU levels out as a 7-8 win type team: how do you see KU's fan interest continuing then?

NE is not totally 'back' so we shouldn't be basking too much in our prematurely perceived return to glory status.

However, that old time feeling is creeping it's way back, gaining momentum, a perfect storm a brewin'. And we have OZ and BO to credit for that. BO is PERFECT for NE, has IT in a big way and it wouldn't surprise me a bit if Big Red starts to separate from the pack that is the rest of the North within the next few years.

KU, next year offers a key opportunity to win the North, just like Mizzou had their big chance to win the CC this year. Carpe diem, cuz this 'diem' may not last too long....

:power

"You guys could afford some crappy years" - we've had a few pretty bad years (by our standards) and to be honest I wouldn't wish that on anyone, including KU.

I don't agree that the games that were sold out 30 years ago do not matter now. The sold out streak is who we are as a fanbase. Almost every recruit, when asked why they chose NU, says something about the passionate fans, the facilities, the coaches, and the education.

I do agree that KU has been on the rise. I think it's good for the Big 12 (especially the north). I'm all for it. Really there is only one program, Colorado, that I dispise (no it's not a rivalry no matter what they say). The only concern is that history has a bad habit of repeating itself - hopefully KU can overcome its history.