Starting RB?

I think Helu with Castille as a close second, but I think Castille is the better Blocker of the two which will be very important next season. I think that is the only reason why Helu didn't end up starting over Lucky. Espeacially when Lucky wasn't himself by some injuries.

As far as Mendoza I agree he needs to be on the field. I have said it before and still believe that he should be put in the slot and or moved to reciever. he is so damn fast and quick I think he owuld be huge in that position. He would be able to make some serious yards after the catch. Plus we could use him on reverses and other options as well. I really do have to say this is a really good problem to have. :thumbs

I sure hope they find a way to get Mendoza involved more in the offense next year. I can't just see him backing up Helu and Castille as the 3rd string r/b, for the rest of his time at Nebraska, hes got to much talent for that. Hes just seems to be one move or one block from taking it to the house, on most of his carries. I think he can be what Swift was to passing game, in our running game. I don't think he has to be the starting back, just needs to get enough playing time. Give our opponents one more problem to work on.

GBR!!!

I think mendozas main problem is going to burkhead. I havent seen that much of either other than film, but they seem similar

:yeah I was gonna say put Mendoza in the slot, and run some jet sweeps

That's exactly what I have in mind. WOW that would be fun to watch with the power up the gut with Castille the shifty speed back of Helu and then the very fast slot guy. That sounds pretty damn exciting to me.

I still think we should run a formation with our QB (whoever that may be) in the shotgun, Q and Helu to the right and left, with Mendoza in the slot. That formation could be deadly with so many different directions to take it. We didn't run many two back shotgun sets this year, so that could be a force to deal with in the the first few games of the season. Most teams have to look at the previous years' films and go off of that during the first part of the season, so it'd be nice to add in some formations that nobody has seen a lot of.

That's exactly what I have in mind. WOW that would be fun to watch with the power up the gut with Castille the shifty speed back of Helu and then the very fast slot guy. That sounds pretty damn exciting to me.

I still think we should run a formation with our QB (whoever that may be) in the shotgun, Q and Helu to the right and left, with Mendoza in the slot. That formation could be deadly with so many different directions to take it. We didn't run many two back shotgun sets this year, so that could be a force to deal with in the the first few games of the season. Most teams have to look at the previous years' films and go off of that during the first part of the season, so it'd be nice to add in some formations that nobody has seen a lot of.

That in my opinion would be a dominant formation espeacially with the way our O-line should be next year. I think this would definately answer the questions about how we will over come the new QB, and take the pressure off of him

:thumbs

That in my opinion would be a dominant formation espeacially with the way our O-line should be next year. I think this would definately answer the questions about how we will over come the new QB, and take the pressure off of him

:thumbs

:horns2:horns2:horns2

Completely agree. Our amazing group of backs and the o-line could be very powerful and take a lot of pressure off of the QB. And we gotta make sure we don't rule out Mendoza as a premier back. I'm sitting behind the guy in class right now and he's no little guy lol.

You know the crazy thing is whether people will believe me or not I acctually new Ahman and played video game s with him and he always liked to play Trivial pusuit believe it or not. This is when we were freshman in college and in the dorms at able hall. I never got his autograph damn that was dumb. I am sure now he would have no clue who the hell I am, but it was still pretty damn cool.