Starting RB?

You know the crazy thing is whether people will believe me or not I acctually new Ahman and played video game s with him and he always liked to play Trivial pusuit believe it or not. This is when we were freshman in college and in the dorms at able hall. I never got his autograph damn that was dumb. I am sure now he would have no clue who the hell I am, but it was still pretty damn cool.

Lol it's kind of surreal isn't it? I mean you kind of forget that these players are real people unless you actually get to spend time with them, and then you find out they're not so different from any of us. I live one door down from Collins Okafor, and that dude loves Rock Band, we've been playing it a lot. It's just..it's very weird. Seeing them out of uniform in real life puts em on an even keel with me.

If you had to pick at the end of the season, it would have been Helu hands down, after the bowl game, not quite so sure about that.

Bo will go into Spring and Fall Practices with an open mind. That is something that I am sure is week to week. Nobody is going to get automatically crowned as starter for the season next year. If you fumble, or you are not producing, you will get splinters...

If you had to pick at the end of the season, it would have been Helu hands down, after the bowl game, not quite so sure about that.

Bo will go into Spring and Fall Practices with an open mind. That is something that I am sure is week to week. Nobody is going to get automatically crowned as starter for the season next year. If you fumble, or you are not producing, you will get splinters...

Thats the really nice thing about running backs. They can be filtered in with generally no problems as far as offensive rhythm goes (given that none of the backs have injuries). The Kansas State game was a perfect example because Helu and Castille both shared reps and were productive (if you negate Q's fumbles). The quarterback battle is much more difficult to judge given that most teams who switch QB's in and out religiously have identity problems on the offense (Ohio St. faced quite a few offensive identity problems this year).

Thats the really nice thing about running backs. They can be filtered in with generally no problems as far as offensive rhythm goes (given that none of the backs have injuries). The Kansas State game was a perfect example because Helu and Castille both shared reps and were productive (if you negate Q's fumbles). The quarterback battle is much more difficult to judge given that most teams who switch QB's in and out religiously have identity problems on the offense (Ohio St. faced quite a few offensive identity problems this year).

Robinson seems to be injured mucho.

I think they should bulk Q back up and use him in the short yardage situations. He was tough to stop a couple years ago when he was bigger. I then believe Helu and Mendoza could share the backfield responsibilities. I still think Collins will get some carries. They're all talented - it all comes down how well they pass block and hold on to the ball.

Helu looked good in our last 3 regular season games, but look who he was going against. Not exactly the Iron Curtain. I know he was hurt in the Gator Bowl, but he really didn't show much at all before he left for good. I do believe it's going to remain a committee at RB with Helu, Castille, and Mendoza all playing significantly, and I am fine with that. All have their strengths and weaknesses.

I know the offseason is going to focus A LOT on the QB battle, but how about RB?....Helu played brilliant for us last year towards the end of the season, but was battling injury in the Gator Bowl, which put the spotlight on Castille, and damn did he shine? So, what do you think fellas....I realize that Watson is going to use them both, but who do you think will be our "feature back"? BTW I wouldnt count our Mendoza from seeing reps either..

Well, I think it's going to be a 1-2 punch, daily dose of both Helu and Castille, depending on the situation.

And yes, expect to see Mendoza in there as a regular backup and possibly on KO/punt returns.

(p.s., I'm really tired of hearing about Castille's 'fumble problem'. Being blown way outta proportion..) :)

Anybody got a word on how Okafor's panning out?

im not counting out burkhead at all......i was watching him in the one on one drills at the nike camp RBs vs LBs and he was the most fluid back out there. he looked better than the five star players that were there and i dont think it was even close.

within 2 years burkhead will be starting and he will be tearing it up!

:w00t:w00t:w00t YES!