Should we have redshirted Helu and Q?

Should have, could have...but didn't...moot point now, we have to play with the hand dealt to us. They have to wonder just how good they could be with the extra year, and how much better their draft stock would have been. They are the real losers by not getting to redshirt.

Why?

Castille was our short yardage back and played in every game as a frosh. Helu played in 7 games and got about 7 carries a game as our 3rd back. Glenn was hurt with the bum ankle for the better portion of the year. We have always used 3 backs. In '07 it happened to be Lucky/Castille/Helu. With Glenn hurt, who was we gonna go to? Culbert, the guy who moved immediately back to safety?

We'll use 3 backs again next year, just like always.

Fit the Billy C style.... many of his guys "burned" redshirts for very minimal play..... You could name probably 10 more players whom we would love to have back one more year from this year's team, or another year in the future..... He just didn't RS very intelligently...probably because he "promised" PT or something....wasn't thinking of what was best for the player...

I think you are only half right. Helu probably should have redshirted. Castille on the other hand shouldn't have because he was our short yardage muscle due to Glenn being injured the better part of the season. Clownahan didn't RS very intelligently because of the atmosphere that surrounded him. It was win and win now. I think he didn't redshirt many because he was hoping the young guns would be the spark needed to make us winners overnight.

I'm really excited for what these guys will do for us in the next two years.

However, I feel their freshmen years were basically pointless, Q had 347 and Helu had 212. Fine, that's nice and all, but a redshirt year would've done wonders for these guys.

I feel they basically lost a year of eligibility because they played so minimal their freshmen years.

I don't know about "WE" because we don't have a thing to do with it. bc burned more redshirts than those two guys.

Yeah "WE" It's our state University. "WE" pay taxes, "WE" buy tickets to the games, "WE" donate to the facilities. "WE" the fan base makes our school one of the best in the country.

:yeah

However, I feel their freshmen years were basically pointless, Q had 347 and Helu had 212. Fine, that's nice and all, but a redshirt year would've done wonders for these guys.

I feel they basically lost a year of eligibility because they played so minimal their freshmen years.

I don't know about "WE" because we don't have a thing to do with it. bc burned more redshirts than those two guys.

Yeah "WE" It's our state University. "WE" pay taxes, "WE" buy tickets to the games, "WE" donate to the facilities. "WE" the fan base makes our school one of the best in the country.

:yeah

Fit the Billy C style.... many of his guys "burned" redshirts for very minimal play..... You could name probably 10 more players whom we would love to have back one more year from this year's team, or another year in the future..... He just didn't RS very intelligently...probably because he "promised" PT or something....wasn't thinking of what was best for the player...

I think you are only half right. Helu probably should have redshirted. Castille on the other hand shouldn't have because he was our short yardage muscle due to Glenn being injured the better part of the season. Clownahan didn't RS very intelligently because of the atmosphere that surrounded him. It was win and win now. I think he didn't redshirt many because he was hoping the young guns would be the spark needed to make us winners overnight.

He must have forgotten that young players needed development and aren't superstars in a day.

BC's attitude was burn that shirt I'll just recruit more.

Castille got quality reps in '07, as was previously noted he took Glenn's spot as powerguy. But Helu should've sat the year out.

But we should get three good years out of Helu, that is about all you generally get out of a guy. Burkhead should be ready to take his place by then.

Well why didn't the "WE's" just tell BC to redshirt Q and Helu, I mean being tax payers it's ultimately the "WE's" decision and all.

Well why didn't the "WE's" just tell BC to redshirt Q and Helu, I mean being tax payers it's ultimately the "WE's" decision and all.

The "we's" ultimately had the final say with BC. I won't deny your point that no one has a direct say but the head coach, but you reap what you sow. No offence if any was taken

GBR