Junior Day?

What is that headline on HI for then when it says "junior day who's coming?"

As I said, we do not have a traditional 'junior day'. Most schools 'junior day' takes months of planning to get most of their top targets in so they can see the school. Ours is not like that and we use it more for regional guys. We basically use the Spring Game as a tool to get most of our top targets in.

Why don't we have a big time Junior Day? I know the spring game is a big draw and the weather is a little nicer, but I would think Nebraska would want every advantage possible. It would be great to get big time targets to see our facilities and get a look at our program. It would also give the coaches another chance to evaluate players in person. I know it takes a lot of planning and time but I would think we could pull it off.

Why don't we have a big time Junior Day? I know the spring game is a big draw and the weather is a little nicer, but I would think Nebraska would want every advantage possible. It would be great to get big time targets to see our facilities and get a look at our program. It would also give the coaches another chance to evaluate players in person. I know it takes a lot of planning and time but I would think we could pull it off.

In reality, we are not a big time school and we have no draw like an Oklahoma, Texas, Florida, USC, etc., who all have VERY large junior days. It's tough to get kids on their own dime to travel to Nebraska in the middle of the winter. It's tough enough to get the kids to travel on their own dime in the spring and summer to Lincoln.

We land recruits by developing relationships over months to get them on those visits where we hope to seal the deal. That is how the majority of our recruiting is done. We don't have that ability to call a kid up and garner interest just by the name of our school. This is a big reason why our recruiting always starts up so slow outside of the few Nebraska kids we may offer early.

In reality, we are not a big time school and we have no draw like an Oklahoma, Texas, Florida, USC, etc., who all have VERY large junior days. It's tough to get kids on their own dime to travel to Nebraska in the middle of the winter. It's tough enough to get the kids to travel on their own dime in the spring and summer to Lincoln.

We land recruits by developing relationships over months to get them on those visits where we hope to seal the deal. That is how the majority of our recruiting is done. We don't have that ability to call a kid up and garner interest just by the name of our school. This is a big reason why our recruiting always starts up so slow outside of the few Nebraska kids we may offer early.

The Golden Showers just had a junior day up here in MN and they suck!!! The kids they brought in were from MN so it is probably a little easier to work the details out.

The Golden Showers just had a junior day up here in MN and they suck!!! The kids they brought in were from MN so it is probably a little easier to work the details out.

Like I said, we have a junior day, but it's more for regional and local guys. If we pull in 4-5 guys who are pretty good recruits then I consider that a success. But it's tough for us to do and always has been. It was even tough under BC and that guy was a recruiting machine, love him or hate him.

Rivals has this teaser

Texas brothers eager to see Lincoln

Rick Shaw

HuskersIllustrated.com

Arlington (Texas) offensive lineman Luke Joeckel has already racked up 10 early scholarship offers. His twin brother, quarterback Matt Joeckel, is still waiting on his first tender but is getting interest from a host of Division I programs. Together the duo will make their way north on Saturday (2/7) to attend Nebraska's Junior Day.