NU pulls offer for Bodtmann

There are always two sides to the story. We may at some point find out (probably not) but still this does not look good for the program. Pelini knew it would not look good for the program. I'm guessing he didn't make this decision w/out significant consideration. All we should be doing is wishing the young man good luck whever he may end up.

There are always two sides to the story. We may at some point find out (probably not) but still this does not look good for the program. Pelini knew it would not look good for the program. I'm guessing he didn't make this decision w/out significant consideration. All we should be doing is wishing the young man good luck whever he may end up.

I agree, always 2 sides to a story. Unfortunately we only have his coach bashing Nebraska right now. I'm taking it lightly at this point...

You all pulled this with Norman too. Stole him from us, then dropped him and now he is SOL. It is possible that there is more to that story two, but it is not a pratctice one wants to be associated with.

Norman failed to qualify. Apparently people in Kansas don't know how to read.

You all pulled this with Norman too. Stole him from us, then dropped him and now he is SOL. It is possible that there is more to that story two, but it is not a pratctice one wants to be associated with.

jawhawk, you are normally respectful on here, but you just stuck your oversized foot right in your mouth. Get your facts straight before you go shooting your mouth off.

You all pulled this with Norman too. Stole him from us, then dropped him and now he is SOL. It is possible that there is more to that story too, but it is not a practice one wants to be associated with.

jawhawk, you are normally respectful on here, but you just stuck your oversized foot right in your mouth. Get your facts straight before you go shooting your mouth off.

I am being respectful still. The fact is Noraman was a KU commit, changed to NU, and very soon after got dropped. He is SOL. I still say it looks bad to pull a kids offer, especially when he changed a commit to go to you. I understnad the kid has issues, I understand there is more to the story (I am not so sure what, but I have heard the rumors as well). I am I still saying you do not want to become known for yanking offers. I am not sure peole actually read my post before flying off the handle, or read a tone into it that was not intended. Since the coaches cannot tell their side, I get that we don't know the whole story. But I also know how it looks, deserved or not, it is not something one wants to have happen. I have my facts straight.

I do in fact have an oversized foot though, I do not argue that. It is a size 14, but I am not limber enough to put much of it in my mouth.

You all pulled this with Norman too. Stole him from us, then dropped him and now he is SOL. It is possible that there is more to that story too, but it is not a practice one wants to be associated with.

I am being respectful still. The fact is Noraman was a KU commit, changed to NU, and very soon after got dropped. He is SOL. I still say it looks bad to pull a kids offer, especially when he changed a commit to go to you. I understnad the kid has issues, I understand there is more to the story (I am not so sure what, but I have heard the rumors as well). I am I still saying you do not want to become known for yanking offers. I am not sure peole actually read my post before flying off the handle, or read a tone into it that was not intended. Since the coaches cannot tell their side, I get that we don't know the whole story. But I also know how it looks, deserved or not, it is not something one wants to have happen. I have my facts straight.

I do in fact have an oversized foot though, I do not argue that. It is a size 14, but I am not limber enough to put much of it in my mouth.

norman was lost to grades IIRC. i believe that is what he is referring to

Again jayhawk please stick to basketball.

First of all, I am a college football fan more than a basketball fan. Just because your team has more history in football does not impart you with Godlike knowledge, nor does it amke basketball my favorite sport. I would be happy to match wits with you any time on College Football history, stats, traditions and current events. I did not get personal, and your comment is uninformed. I post on this board about football almost exclusively. I am very aware of the Norman situation and the rumors around it. Sorry you do not like what I have to say on this topic, but it was neither unfounded nor untrue. It also was not mean spirited. You just don't like people to tell you something your team did looks bad. I can take it, that is why I am on this board, but I like those I match wits with to have something to say that is based on more than the internet equivalent of blathering.

Fact

Nebraska stole a commit from KU that was On Novemebr 9th. He had previously been a KU commit since late May.

Fact

In Mid December he got dropped, about 5 weeks after the Huskers got him to change his commit. I saw posts that he may not qualify, but none from an actual recruiting reporter or someone who I knew to have first hand knowledge. Therefore, those are rumors, not even reports. Could be true, but because someone types it on the internet does not make it so.

How all this makes me an ignorant Basketball fan, I am not quite sure. I also am not sure how this makes me rude, disrespectful, or anything else.

My statement (spell checed this time)

You all pulled this with Norman too. Stole him from us, then dropped him and now he is SOL.:<--- This is true, may be his own fault, but this is true.

It is possible that there is more to that story too<-- Here is my acknowledgement the kid may have had it coming, but without me spreading info I do not know to be true

but it is not a practice one wants to be associated with.<-- This is also true. A staff does not want to be known for pulling offers. I did not cast any dispersions on anyone's character, ro say they were bad, mean or dishonest. I just accurately pointed out that if you get the rep for pulling offers, it gets harder to recruit. The high school coach of this other kid, going on record about his kid's experience, also is not a good thing. Even if he is making it all up, not a shred of truth to it, that is not something good for the Huskers.

I think I am the one who is being unfairly disparaged, I tyr an dbe careful to represent myself as a gentlemen and a good sport. I believe myself to be one. I also have a viewpoint, which I try and support with fact. Sorry for the lengthy repsonse, but I do not take negative, personal comments lightly. Especially ill-informed ones, like saying I should go back to basketball. that is an awful, awful thing to say to me.

You are right, I understand he is refering to Norman's potentially being a non qualifier. I had been following the situation. I have heard other rumors (in addition to non qualifier) on Norman too, but I did not have any substantiated. My frustration was that my credibility was questioned because I did not take a couple posts claiming that he was an academic loss and assume it to be true (although it may very well be). Apparently, if someone posts a rumor that he is, it becomes a fact. Just like Kevin Young is afraid to compete, because some people on the board say so (which belies reason), but hey, 3 guys posted it, so it is true.

Sorry Melscott, not trying to being anything but polite to you, but I am mad I got multi-flamed for voicing something that was, in my view, valid. It got my dander up :box I made no accusations, passed on no rumors, made no personal attacks and got flamed and insulted anyway. I was not "shooting my mouth off", the "facts in this case" are rumors, and I got told to stick to basketball, which is an awful thing for him to say. Very insulting.

Anyway, I appreciate your trying to clarify.

You are right, I understand he is refering to Norman's potentially being a non qualifier. I had been following the situation. I have heard other rumors (in addition to non qualifier) on Norman too, but I did not have any substantiated. My frustration was that my credibility was questioned because I did not take a couple posts claiming that he was an academic loss and assume it to be true (although it may very well be). Apparently, if someone posts a rumor that he is, it becomes a fact. Just like Kevin Young is afraid to compete, because some people on the board say so (which belies reason), but hey, 3 guys posted it, so it is true.

Sorry Melscott, not trying to being anything but polite to you, but I am mad I got multi-flamed for voicing something that was, in my view, valid. It got my dander up :box I made no accusations, passed on no rumors, made no personal attacks and got flamed and insulted anyway. I was not "shooting my mouth off", the "facts in this case" are rumors, and I got told to stick to basketball, which is an awful thing for him to say. Very insulting.

Okay, I think we need cliff notes for you're rambling responses. You did not state the Norman issue as rumor, you stated it as fact. If you had heard some kind of rumor, you should have told us. Also, you need to get a thicker skin, you are a KU fan on a Husker website. Stop your crying and man up.

Okay, I think we need cliff notes for you're rambling responses. You did not state the Norman issue as rumor, you stated it as fact. If you had heard some kind of rumor, you should have told us. Also, you need to get a thicker skin, you are a KU fan on a Husker website. Stop your crying and man up.

I refered to there possibly being a valid reason in my post, I did not say he was an academic disqualifier as a fact. Why should I go around saying things about Norman, or anyone else, that I have no good reason to believe to be true? I said "It is possible that there is more to that story too". I have since cited what the rumor was, as it is in the thread. It is not thin skinned to ask for people to accurately represent what I say, and to stay away from name calling. That is how discourse remains worthwhile. I can assure you that if most members of the Huskerboard just threw unsubstantiated insults at me, I would not be active here.