NU pulls offer for Bodtmann

You all pulled this with Norman too. Stole him from us, then dropped him and now he is SOL. It is possible that there is more to that story too, but it is not a practice one wants to be associated with.

jawhawk, you are normally respectful on here, but you just stuck your oversized foot right in your mouth. Get your facts straight before you go shooting your mouth off.

I am being respectful still. The fact is Noraman was a KU commit, changed to NU, and very soon after got dropped. He is SOL. I still say it looks bad to pull a kids offer, especially when he changed a commit to go to you. I understnad the kid has issues, I understand there is more to the story (I am not so sure what, but I have heard the rumors as well). I am I still saying you do not want to become known for yanking offers. I am not sure peole actually read my post before flying off the handle, or read a tone into it that was not intended. Since the coaches cannot tell their side, I get that we don't know the whole story. But I also know how it looks, deserved or not, it is not something one wants to have happen. I have my facts straight.

I do in fact have an oversized foot though, I do not argue that. It is a size 14, but I am not limber enough to put much of it in my mouth.

norman was lost to grades IIRC. i believe that is what he is referring to

You are right, I understand he is refering to Norman's potentially being a non qualifier. I had been following the situation. I have heard other rumors (in addition to non qualifier) on Norman too, but I did not have any substantiated. My frustration was that my credibility was questioned because I did not take a couple posts claiming that he was an academic loss and assume it to be true (although it may very well be). Apparently, if someone posts a rumor that he is, it becomes a fact. Just like Kevin Young is afraid to compete, because some people on the board say so (which belies reason), but hey, 3 guys posted it, so it is true.

Sorry Melscott, not trying to being anything but polite to you, but I am mad I got multi-flamed for voicing something that was, in my view, valid. It got my dander up :box I made no accusations, passed on no rumors, made no personal attacks and got flamed and insulted anyway. I was not "shooting my mouth off", the "facts in this case" are rumors, and I got told to stick to basketball, which is an awful thing for him to say. Very insulting.

Anyway, I appreciate your trying to clarify.

Okay, I think we need cliff notes for you're rambling responses. You did not state the Norman issue as rumor, you stated it as fact. If you had heard some kind of rumor, you should have told us. Also, you need to get a thicker skin, you are a KU fan on a Husker website. Stop your crying and man up.

I refered to there possibly being a valid reason in my post, I did not say he was an academic disqualifier as a fact. Why should I go around saying things about Norman, or anyone else, that I have no good reason to believe to be true? I said "It is possible that there is more to that story too". I have since cited what the rumor was, as it is in the thread. It is not thin skinned to ask for people to accurately represent what I say, and to stay away from name calling. That is how discourse remains worthwhile. I can assure you that if most members of the Huskerboard just threw unsubstantiated insults at me, I would not be active here.

how is saying you put your foot in your mouth calling you names? Yes, you got flamed, get over it. Your quote was " you stole him from us, then you droped him, now he is SOL" If you don't think that is going to get a negative response on here, you are indeed crazy. Now, go change your tampon, and let's drop it. j/k AR Husker, no personal attack.

You all pulled this with Norman too. Stole him from us, then dropped him and now he is SOL. It is possible that there is more to that story too, but it is not a practice one wants to be associated with.

jawhawk, you are normally respectful on here, but you just stuck your oversized foot right in your mouth. Get your facts straight before you go shooting your mouth off.

I am being respectful still. The fact is Noraman was a KU commit, changed to NU, and very soon after got dropped. He is SOL. I still say it looks bad to pull a kids offer, especially when he changed a commit to go to you. I understnad the kid has issues, I understand there is more to the story (I am not so sure what, but I have heard the rumors as well). I am I still saying you do not want to become known for yanking offers. I am not sure peole actually read my post before flying off the handle, or read a tone into it that was not intended. Since the coaches cannot tell their side, I get that we don't know the whole story. But I also know how it looks, deserved or not, it is not something one wants to have happen. I have my facts straight.

I do in fact have an oversized foot though, I do not argue that. It is a size 14, but I am not limber enough to put much of it in my mouth.

Norman does not have the grades to qualify and even he knows that. If we had did him dirty, Tray Robinson would not be a commit right now.

Fact is, Norman is likely done with football for a few years anyways if you really want to know. He's probably going to the Navy and not to play football either.

Norman does not have the grades to qualify and even he knows that. If we had did him dirty, Tray Robinson would not be a commit right now.

Fact is, Norman is likely done with football for a few years anyways if you really want to know. He's probably going to the Navy and not to play football either.

Not saying you did him dirty. Just saying that in context of this other issue with Bodtmann, it is not good press...

Nebraska stole

Its a decommit not a theft and it happens all the time, sometimes to us.

OK, when a recruit is commited somewhere for a while, and then switches due to the active recruiting of another school who was aware of the commitment, especially if it was thoght to be firm and longstanding, the term "Stole" is used. I think some people said that about Prince at K-State... Anyway, I did not mean to offend anyone with the term. I see it used all the time when a school convinces a kid who is a longstanding "firm" commit to change... I did not mean to single out Bo or his staff as awful people by using that word.

Nebraska stole

Its a decommit not a theft and it happens all the time, sometimes to us.

OK, when a recruit is commited somewhere for a while, and then switches due to the active recruiting of another school who was aware of the commitment, especially if it was thoght to be firm and longstanding, the term "Stole" is used. I think some people said that about Prince at K-State... Anyway, I did not mean to offend anyone with the term. I see it used all the time when a school convinces a kid who is a longstanding "firm" commit to change... I did not mean to single out Bo or his staff as awful people by using that word.

No worries. Recruiting can be a dicey thing at times.

Anyone understand why Norman doesn't just go the JUCO-route? Whether he would become a husker afterwards or not that is what would make sense to me.

I guess that would be the move for him, but of course you actually need to graduate JUCO to be eligible (Big 12 anyway). Sounds like school might not be his thing right now in which case the military can be a good option. I know several guys had good luck with that. Anyway, good luck to him.

Not saying you did him dirty. Just saying that in context of this other issue with Bodtmann, it is not good press...

Your 'point' makes no sense. If the guy isn't going to qualify for anyone, what is the point of continuing the recruiting process?

It's two COMPLETELY different things to drop a kid because of talent and because of grades. Bodtmann was dropped, well, because he just wasn't that good. Norman was let go because of his grades.

Norman knows this and it is why he is joining the Navy.

Your 'point' makes no sense. If the guy isn't going to qualify for anyone, what is the point of continuing the recruiting process?

It's two COMPLETELY different things to drop a kid because of talent and because of grades. Bodtmann was dropped, well, because he just wasn't that good. Norman was let go because of his grades.

This is pretty much what I was thinking as well. What I am wondering...Is if we stole him (Norman), and then he was not going to qualify because of grades. How would the Jayhawks be able to make it so he could play there???? Sounds kinda fishy to me IDK.... :cop:

This is pretty much what I was thinking as well. What I am wondering...Is if we stole him (Norman), and then he was not going to qualify because of grades. How would the Jayhawks be able to make it so he could play there???? Sounds kinda fishy to me IDK.... :cop:

IF it is true that Norman was not a qualifier, than he would not have. Obviously NU was not recruiting him because they thought that in Novemeber. It is possible that changed, but at least in Novemebr, all involved seem to have thought he would be playing. My point was more about how it looks to recruits when a player is dropped, not to fans who already believe it was justified. I think it looks worse when a kid is dropped after he is grabbed away from another program, regardless of why, it looks odd to say the least. Some believe the Bodtmann drop is justified too, I imagine, and maybe it is. I follow recruiting pretty closely, so I do not assume that the average recruit is as big of a college football geek as I am....

IF it is true that Norman was not a qualifier, than he would not have. Obviously NU was not recruiting him because they thought that in Novemeber. It is possible that changed, but at least in Novemebr, all involved seem to have thought he would be playing. My point was more about how it looks to recruits when a player is dropped, not to fans who already believe it was justified. I think it looks worse when a kid is dropped after he is grabbed away from another program, regardless of why, it looks odd to say the least. Some believe the Bodtmann drop is justified too, I imagine, and maybe it is. I follow recruiting pretty closely, so I do not assume that the average recruit is as big of a college football geek as I am....

If this absolutely closes a door for the coaches then maybe, but I doubt that any kid wouldn't at least let NU talk to them. The program still carries a certain cache value. It would be up to Bo and co at that point to discuss the issues that player has about commiting to NU and convince him otherwise. As long as Bo and Co have some valid reasons for doing what they did that make sense, and that definately seems to be the case here, then I really don't see how this is any different than trying to convince a kid that the weather, location, etc. aren't really factors that outweigh the values in playing at NU and for Bo.

He wasn't going to qualify there either.