TD taken away for unsportsmanlike conduct?......

shagg

If this rule would've went into affect this year......we would've lost the Colorado game because remember the way Henery celebrated right after that kick. They throw an Unsportsmanlike Conduct flag and we lose the 3pts and the game.

This new rule is pathetic

That wouldn't count with this rule. This rule is to prevent pre-score antics and not what happens after the score. Somebody could have already called Henery's celebration unsportsmanlike.

If this rule would've went into affect this year......we would've lost the Colorado game because remember the way Henery celebrated right after that kick. They throw an Unsportsmanlike Conduct flag and we lose the 3pts and the game.

This new rule is pathetic

That wouldn't count with this rule. This rule is to prevent pre-score antics and not what happens after the score. Somebody could have already called Henery's celebration unsportsmanlike.

What Henery did would not be considered "unsportsmanlike". I think some people are starting to think that you can't celebrate or show emotion any more, and that's just not the case. You just can't taunt your opponent. There won't be a penalty for jumping up and down in the endzone with your teammates AFTER they score, and there won't be a penalty for running around with your hands in the air AFTER you score. There will be a penalty for taunting before and after you score.

And I say again: the biggest reason they do this is to stop the fighting and brawls before they start and prevent someone from getting seriously injured as a result. My biggest example of this is that TO thing in Dallas when he was with SF. He taunted his opponent and got speared and it almost started a brawl. That's bad enough in pro sports but the ramifications in college are more serious. Universities are charged with basically being surrogate parents and they have to do everything possible to stop this crap before it starts. And if you don't think setting a good example at the college level is important, you haven't been to a HS or youth sporting event recently.

Now off my :boxosoap

what do they expect?..football is played with emotion and it's physical....it ain't bowling or golf....when you're out there on that field you better bring it or the guy in front of you will kick you in the ass..i can handle a little celebration if a guy makes a big play...i'm just tired of all these rules they're trying to police...LEAVE IT ALONE!!!!!!!!

how many 'brawls' are there a year? some of you are making it sound like college football has turned into hockey. i dont care how many rules you make, (well, actually, i do, but roll with it here ;)) youre not going to stop the handful there are. like others have mentioned, the emotions are too high. if its gonna happen, no matter how well they know the rules, more than likely its gonna happen.

most altercations ive seen happen after plays anyways, and not because of taunting. its usually because someone didnt like the fact that they got owned or embarrassed during the actual, legal play, and tries to defend his manhood or whatever and retaliates off the hip...and roll credits.

i still havent seen anything that makes me believe this rule is going to 'fix' or stop or do anything other than cause massive controversy.

I love the idea and wish it was implemented in the NFL. The entertainment is the game not the antics of clowns over celebrating after they do something they are supposed to do. Since the achievement is the result of teamwork then the individual crap needs to be eliminated.

In addition to taking the TD back, I'd like to see a loss of down. Id they score on 4th down, the ball goes over to the other team.

For a defensive celebration I'd like to see the offensive team get 15 yards and an automatic first down. If the D scores and celebrates the ball goes back to the TD is removed, the other team gets 15 yards plus an automatic first down.

i'd like to see the player(s) that got flagged booted off the team and never allowed to played again and i want his momma and daddy arrested...and his cousins too... i'd like to see his coaches get fired....his school should never be allow to participate in football again.....LOL :)

what do they expect?..football is played with emotion and it's physical....it ain't bowling or golf....when you're out there on that field you better bring it or the guy in front of you will kick you in the ass..i can handle a little celebration if a guy makes a big play...i'm just tired of all these rules they're trying to police...LEAVE IT ALONE!!!!!!!!

Then celebrate as a team. Nothing in the football happens without the assistance of other players. There is nothing in football that can be misconstrued as individual.

Again, the sole entertainment is the game, not the post play antics.

lets think about this for a second. no different? "taunting" has no direct effect on the outcome of the play. holding a defender from making a tackle on a ball carrier? yes, that very well would affect the outcome of the play.

they are completely unrelated, therefore i have no problem with a holding call.

this is college kids are SUPPOSED TO BE EXCITED when they score a Touchdown.

Once again, you don't get it. This rule isn't against celebrating, it's against TAUNTING. There's a huge difference.

were you using my quote as an example or still saying that i dont get it?

because I totally understand that the proposed penalty is about taunting...which is why I completely, wholeheartedly disagree with a penalty that would take points off the board for an offense that has no tangible relation to the play that scored points. I dont like taunting either. I dont believe there is a place for it. However, I cannot believe someone wants to make a rule effecting the outcome of a game for a stupid act that, left alone, would have NO effect if YOUR team (read: Huskers) itself is following the rules and playing with dignity. Would you really want to win a game on a call like this? Even if a despicable fluffalo did the most horrendous act of sacrilege ever witnessed on Tom Osborne field running towards a wide open end zone after we had a blown coverage? I wouldnt. It wouldnt sit right. I'd blame our secondary and have another beer. or 10.

I know I must sound like a broken record here, but man, there hasnt been a proposed rule in a long time that I couldnt even at least agree that it deserved a trial run. This one just really digs in my craw. It reeks of communism, syphilis, and that awful macaroni salad my great aunt used to make.

I know I must sound like a broken record here, but man, there hasnt been a proposed rule in a long time that I couldnt even at least agree that it deserved a trial run. This one just really digs in my craw. It reeks of communism, syphilis, and that awful macaroni salad my great aunt used to make.

You HAD to bring in the macaroni salad :angry: