bogus 40 times

Football is not a straight-line race of 40 yards. That is why 40-yard dashes don't matter that much. And in defense, knowing how to position yourself is a lot more important than straight-line speed. The fastest cornerback who consistently falls out of position isn't going to catch up in time to a crisp route that leaves him in the dust. Yes, speed does still matter. But a 40-yard dash number only tells so much and especially when it comes to HS recruiting...it tells us little.

Sometimes it is a straight line race, for example a DB covering a WR on a fly route, or a FS chasing down a RB to make a touchdown saving tackle. So yes a players 40 time absolutely matters. Now I will agree with you that 40 times have become over-rated and over-hyped due in large measure to espn. However, that's why all those other drills: cone, shuttle, broad and vertical jumps, etc are used by scouts in conjunction with the 40 to determine athletic ability.

Are you really a girl? You're have more knowledge about football than about 90% of the guys on here.

Baffling, aint it? :blink: .....and potentially intimidating. :facepalm:

Are you really a girl? You're have more knowledge about football than about 90% of the guys on here.

And who the heck is Mistress Denna?

You sure you want to be poking at her, Dunder..

She looks like she might be naughty.

Craig%20Horner%20captured%20by%20Mistress%20Denna%20(2).jpg

Hmmmm? S and M?

Football is not a straight-line race of 40 yards. That is why 40-yard dashes don't matter that much. And in defense, knowing how to position yourself is a lot more important than straight-line speed. The fastest cornerback who consistently falls out of position isn't going to catch up in time to a crisp route that leaves him in the dust. Yes, speed does still matter. But a 40-yard dash number only tells so much and especially when it comes to HS recruiting...it tells us little.

Sometimes it is a straight line race, for example a DB covering a WR on a fly route, or a FS chasing down a RB to make a touchdown saving tackle. So yes a players 40 time absolutely matters. Now I will agree with you that 40 times have become over-rated and over-hyped due in large measure to espn. However, that's why all those other drills: cone, shuttle, broad and vertical jumps, etc are used by scouts in conjunction with the 40 to determine athletic ability.

I didn't know knowledge of football, and application of said knowledge, was gender specific. To answer your question: Yes I really am a woman.

And who the heck is Mistress Denna?

Screen cap is from the Legend of the Seeker TV show based on the Sword of Truth books. Mistress Denna tortures people.

I prefer to think of what Mistress Denna does as training wayward souls. :lol:

Luckys 40 time, for instance, was taken at camps before he attended college. so you cant really blame the recruiting sites, if anyone is to blame it would be the people holding the stop watches at camps....

Don't they use laser systems now when tracking 40 times to get an accurate time?

I didn't know knowledge of football, and application of said knowledge, was gender specific. To answer your question: Yes I really am a woman.

Don't listen to her..She was the coach's daughter in "Remember the Titans".

titans.jpg

And now..I think she's a cheerleader in "Heroes"

hayden_panettiere_cheerleader.jpg

Naughty, I tell ya!