We want CU and MU to succeed

If Colorado and Missouri are good is that good for Nebraska? Does Nebraska benefit by these two teams (and any of the other North teams) being good? Right now people think of the North as the practice squad of the Big 12, but if CU was to get back to its 90's level and MU were to stay where it is, wouldn't that help Nebraska return to prominence ASSUMING that Nebraska is a notch above these two?

Nebraska was considered one of the best teams in history during the 90's because of the success of Colorado and Kstate. We need teams to be at missouri's level, not Iowa State's level. obviously we need to be even better, but i think if CU and MU (Kstate, KU) have seasons like MU and KU have had in the last 2 years that Nebraska will be benefitted by that.

MU and CU are teams that I absolutely can't root for no matter what, due to who they are and the intereactions I have had with their fans, but if they are completely horrible that is bad for Nebraska. We want to crush them every year, but we want them to be good in their own rite.

Do we want CU and MU to succeed, or do we hope to simply crush them every year without caring how good they are?

If Colorado and Missouri are good is that good for Nebraska? Does Nebraska benefit by these two teams (and any of the other North teams) being good? Right now people think of the North as the practice squad of the Big 12, but if CU was to get back to its 90's level and MU were to stay where it is, wouldn't that help Nebraska return to prominence ASSUMING that Nebraska is a notch above these two?

Nebraska was considered one of the best teams in history during the 90's because of the success of Colorado and Kstate. We need teams to be at missouri's level, not Iowa State's level. obviously we need to be even better, but i think if CU and MU (Kstate, KU) have seasons like MU and KU have had in the last 2 years that Nebraska will be benefitted by that.

MU and CU are teams that I absolutely can't root for no matter what, due to who they are and the intereactions I have had with their fans, but if they are completely horrible that is bad for Nebraska. We want to crush them every year, but we want them to be good in their own rite.

Do we want CU and MU to succeed, or do we hope to simply crush them every year without caring how good they are?

I don't think NU's success was because of cu & ksu it was because they had players & coach's that worked & played harder than other teams.

I don't think NU's success was because of cu & ksu it was because they had players & coach's that worked & played harder than other teams.

:yeah

The North is the weak spot of the B12 without question, but strong coaching and passionate players are going to take us places.

It's all cyclical. When the Big 12 was formed, the south was the practice squad. Now, the north is the practice squad. Even in the 90's, there were still teams in the Big 12 as lowly as Iowa State. The conference more than likely will always have an elite team or two, and they will always have the basement dwellers. Nebraska needs to just worry about Nebraska. Before we worry about being dominant again, we first need to be able to compete with the big boys. We're still not there yet which was painfully obvious during the OU game.

Why would you want mizzou & CU to be good? You can still get good wins from beating Texas and OU. Also, its not like the BCS even cares about how good your opponents are...big ten anyone? KU's schedule a couple years ago was pretty weak and we got in the orange bowl.

So I am confident that you dont need your entire division to b strong. Just be happy that Mizzou is going to massively fail this season.

Also, its not like the BCS even cares about how good your opponents are...big ten anyone?

:rollin

That made me laugh pretty hard because it's so true. I almost feel bad for how big of a let down Ohio State has been the last couple of years.

The better they get the harder it is for Nebraska. Tougher games, more injuries, and less recruiting base.

We used to get top kids from Colorado, Missouri, Kansas to build our program. If they have winning to great teams, kids stay home. See Kansas this year.

I know we recruit nationally, but it will have an impact on us.

But I would rather see them get better, the more competiton the better, the stronger the conference the better for us in the long run. The more teams in major bowls the more money for the program.

But I have no hate for our competitors. I hope they all win every game except against us.

I want the Big XII as a whole to be good and I definately want the North to start kicking the South's butt in some of these games. It's getting a little old hearing about the South all the time.

:yeah

One day it will happen, it's impossible for a team/sub-conference to dominate forever (I mean hell we only made it about 40 years). I just want the competition in the North to be better and for the North to be able to steal games from the South. Usually when you pit a South team vs. a North team people figure "Oh yeah the south team is probably going to win"; I'd like to make it so people begin to favor the North team.

It is cyclical. Look at the SEC, Tennessee was great from 1994 to 2002, Florida was great from 1991 to 2002, and now again since 2006. Alabama was good 1991 to 1994, and have not made much noise except in 1999, 2005, and this past year 2008.

One can even see that great teams fall off eventually in the now ACC. FSU has not done much since 2000, in fact only VT has represented the ACC well in the past three to four years.

I still believe, as I have stated before, that the Huskers are on the rise for the next few years and will start to turn many heads this coming year. I hope you keep up the good work with coaches like Pelini; Callahan was an embarrassment.