DE Owamagbe Odighizuwa

Carl Pelini and Dobson went back to Portland after our last in home to talk to his mom again.

Somebody at rivals: "Report on another Husker message board (non-premium) says that Carl Pelini and Dobson made a return visit to Portland to talk to Owa's Mom again...any truth to this?"

Thought it was funny

Carl Pelini and Dobson went back to Portland after our last in home to talk to his mom again.

Somebody at rivals: "Report on another Husker message board (non-premium) says that Carl Pelini and Dobson made a return visit to Portland to talk to Owa's Mom again...any truth to this?"

Thought it was funny

:)

I dont see where it is though?

I don't actually believe he's considering OSU at all. In fact nearly everything I've heard has him committing to Bo on the evening of Jan. 24th but not wanting to make it public until next weekend.

It seems to me (speculatively speaking of course) that Owa simply wants to keep a hometown school in his final three, but with the bigger sports networks beginning to pick up more steam on some issues with the Oregon program he wanted to avoid questions about those issues and thus decided to switch one embattled hometown school for one without those issues.

:yeah I agree. I think he just added OSU so he didn't have to take all the crap from Oregon people for the next week.

Bruce Feldman's blog from ESPN.

Owamagbe Odighizuwa, DE:

In the mix: Oregon State Beavers, UCLA Bruins, Nebraska Cornhuskers

Few recruits have seen their recruiting stock soar faster than this speedy pass-rusher from Oregon, who is now rated as the nation's No. 17 prospect. Oregon, which had been in Odighizuwa's top four, isn't in the mix anymore, according to The Oregonian. Now it's down to Oregon State, UCLA and Nebraska. All three have had to do a thorough job of selling academics to Odighizuwa and his family. He called it "a dead tie" after meeting with all three schools last week and says he will just go with a gut feeling about where he sees himself excelling. It probably really helps the Huskers' chances since another Oregon kid, Ndamukong Suh, really flourished with the Pelinis in Lincoln.

My guess: Nebraska.

OSU has had two high profile DE's come on board.

Do you think that will have any bearing on the pending decision for OWA? Before he added OSU back into the mix these two DE's weren't on board.

Probably not, I still believe that OSU is just an option if his mom says pick the school closest to home.

Plus, most 5-stars feel inflated by their 5-star status and couldn't care less about competition (see: Aaron Green, Marlon Lucky)

Thought it was funny

Haha me too...but did you see the reply? Dobson can't recruit or go on home visits...so was the report false? :dunno

Thought it was funny

Haha me too...but did you see the reply? Dobson can't recruit or go on home visits...so was the report false? :dunno

To clear this up I was told this by somebody who has a rivals subscription and a scout subscription. I emailed a mod and informed him that it may or may not be premium info so delete it if need be. So take it FWIW.

Crabtree on 1620 just commented live... "I still think that Nebraska's chances with Owa are pretty good, let's put it that way"

True or not....that's what I like to hear.

That was a direct quote from Crabtree on the zone this afternoon. So it's definitely true. He said that Rivals has heard nothing about NU losing Cooper or Owa. He definitely thinks that there is a REALLY good chance that Owa will be in with Nebraska, and he hasn't heard anything positive or negative on Cooper.

Crabtree on 1620 just commented live... "I still think that Nebraska's chances with Owa are pretty good, let's put it that way"

True or not....that's what I like to hear.

That was a direct quote from Crabtree on the zone this afternoon. So it's definitely true. He said that Rivals has heard nothing about NU losing Cooper or Owa. He definitely thinks that there is a REALLY good chance that Owa will be in with Nebraska, and he hasn't heard anything positive or negative on Cooper.

Oh, I believe that he said it and you reported it correctly. ;)

I am just not sure if information from Mr. Crabtree is always the most accurate or just aimed at his target audience.

Which I have to admit is me.

Well Owa has been facebook friending all the NU commits. He's supposedly texted Eric Martin to let him know he is coming. There are 5x as many husker fans writing on his wall as their are fans from other schools. Crabtree think's he's in. Pretty much everyone has been predicting Nebraska... Oregon was the school the others were picking and it's out now.

I'm PRETTY sure Owa is going to be N.